over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

List which exercises IMPROVED each bodypart the most

Trinity,

Damn bro, I am SO late on this thread! LOL

So I have a suggestion that may work for a lot of people. It is in regards to "activating" muscles and not a specific exercise. I am going to use Barbell Bicep Curls for example, if you are not feeling your biceps activate fully, at the bottom the the movement flex "hard" your Triceps then squeeze on the way up and you should feel the Biceps activate and fully engage from that point on. You can to this with any muscle group, on the eccentric portion of your rep, flex hard and that will engage the opposing muscle group on the concentric portion of your rep.

Also, Tbar/Vbar rows, I have done them pretty much my whole life, love them but I do have a question for everyone, do you guys adjust where you pull up the bar to? Meaning do you guys pull up to the middle of your stomach some sets and vary to pulling up to lower chest or lower stomach. Just move it around a little? Do you guys find this beneficial or do you just keep it in the same position every workout every set? Thanks Fellas!

-Baseline
I don't vary where I pull to. I also don't believe it makes a difference, you either activate the lats or you don't. Once you find your sweet spot where you feel it stick with it.

I don't do them anymore. I used to as a deadlift accessory movement. I would pull it to the middle of my chest and it wrecked my entire back including lats.

Good info about flexing antagonistic muscles.
This is one of the reasons I superset 90% of my workout.

Single arm dumbbell preacher curls with torso turned away from curl pad. Turning your torso away creates a better stretch of the bicep due to how it attaches by the shoulder girdle.
Hand placed on the outer portion of DB grip to emphasize the inner bicep head.
Lower as far as you can while keeping the tension on the muscle and focus on the the supination portion of the contraction at the top..

Moderate reps and 4 or so sets of this before and after back days has made my arms explode.

Weighted close grip chins put on the mass before these but eventually stalled out in terms of growth.

Last edited:
Single arm dumbbell preacher curls with torso turned away from curl pad. Turning your torso away creates a better stretch of the bicep due to how it attaches by the shoulder girdle.
Hand placed on the outer portion of DB grip to emphasize the inner bicep head.
Lower as far as you can while keeping the tension on the muscle and focus on the the supination portion of the contraction at the top..

Moderate reps and 4 or so sets of this before and after back days has made my arms explode.

Weighted close grip chins put on the mass before these but eventually stalled out in terms of growth.

this is true.
db preacher curls seem to be a "breakthrough" growth exercise for a lot of guys suffering from small bicep syndrome.

please be very careful though
i watched somebody get rushed to the hospital in front of me at 24h fitness
he ripped his distal bicep tendon clean while doing this exercise
he was not even using heavy weight...
dude just let it go a little too low and tried getting it up

it can be a very dangerous movement despite how strange that may sound to some people. be cautious and smart.

this is true.
db preacher curls seem to be a "breakthrough" growth exercise for a lot of guys suffering from small bicep syndrome.

please be very careful though
i watched somebody get rushed to the hospital in front of me at 24h fitness
he ripped his distal bicep tendon clean while doing this exercise
he was not even using heavy weight...
dude just let it go a little too low and tried getting it up

it can be a very dangerous movement despite how strange that may sound to some people. be cautious and smart.
I can definitely see the risk in having such tension on a single muscle with that much of a stretch.. I wouldn't see it as a concern for someone(controlling the movement) unless they were deep into a contest prep/dry.
Hell I've torn a bicep from climbing a rope, you never really know when it'll happen I guess.

Hate preacher curls. Being in the fixed position doesn't feel right

This thread is the bomb.

I went away from leg extensions for a long time.
Doing more functional type stuff. Squats, deads, lunges.

I recently went back to leg extensions and my quads are noticeably more developed right away.
I actually noticed it the others day and then saw this thread and read some other posters saying the same thing. Crazy.

T Bar rows for upper back.

I recently went back to leg extensions and my quads are noticeably more developed right away.
I actually noticed it the others day and then saw this thread and read some other posters saying the same thing. Crazy.

yeah buddy lol

I felt something off doing preacher curls a few years ago. Like I was on the verge of a major injury and just quit doing it.

I felt something off doing preacher curls a few years ago. Like I was on the verge of a major injury and just quit doing it.

Smart move. I had to quite flat benching about 4 years ago because I felta similar sensation where the pecs and biceps meet, at the insertion.

I just recently went back to it about 2 months ago and things feel fine.

Smart move. I had to quite flat benching about 4 years ago because I felta similar sensation where the pecs and biceps meet, at the insertion.

I just recently went back to it about 2 months ago and things feel fine.

I've noticed that the height of the seat makes a big difference. I like to position it a little higher which slightly limits the range, but make the movement much less strenuous.

Alternative, I've been doing single arm cable curls with my elbow tucked in really good. These provide tension through the full range of motion and hit my bicep pretty good.

i have to get weird for my bis... my elbows need to be far away in front of my body or behind it, or my forearms take over... my bis always sucked bad... past few months they have came up considerably and i can just feel them targeted better... i switched to wide grip cable curls with that w shaped bar... i put the cable on the 3rd lowest attachment, but not on floor... i lean back and with bis almost perpendicular to floor, i curl to my upper forehead... it sounds weird but i have been playing around w all different angles and this i found best for my body...

i have to get weird for my bis... my elbows need to be far away in front of my body or behind it, or my forearms take over... my bis always sucked bad... past few months they have came up considerably and i can just feel them targeted better... i switched to wide grip cable curls with that w shaped bar... i put the cable on the 3rd lowest attachment, but not on floor... i lean back and with bis almost perpendicular to floor, i curl to my upper forehead... it sounds weird but i have been playing around w all different angles and this i found best for my body...

Damn...I could have written that for me...same deal and results

What about quad "width"? Like hitting the lateralis hard and vmo? My quads are thick from the side, (rectus femoris) but width not so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about quad "width"? Like hitting the lateralis hard and vmo? My quads are thick from the side, (rectus femoris) but width not so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean quad sweep? Hack squats peformed with your feet together, toes pointing straight ahead and your knees kept together throughout the entire range of motion...and go all the way down.

This is a great exercise for quad sweep.

You mean quad sweep? Hack squats peformed with your feet together, toes pointing straight ahead and your knees kept together throughout the entire range of motion...and go all the way down.

This is a great exercise for quad sweep.

agreed...
I have to add, internally rotate your hips for further outer quad activation and don't lock out at the top of movement

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nelson Camryn
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws