over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Non Narcotic Sleep aid

A first gen anti-histamine like benadryl helps. So does prami. Or at lest they help me to fall asleep, not necessarily to stay asleep. And of course there's always a couple drams of scotch.

Trazadone??? Seriously, that's a narcotic which requires a prescription

I have had severe insomnia my entire life.
My doctor has me on a very strong medication that has solved my issues.

Before that, I used somatomax, unisom, medical MJ, Trueprotein sleep aid, theanine, GABA, melatonin, 5-HTP, and just about every other OTC/herbal sleep aid.
They worked well for me some of the time. If you don't have a serious medical condition, those supps should work pretty well.
(BTW, I did not use all of those at once, I just listed all the different things I tried in the past).

Ive been taking malatonin for about 10 years and i take 20 mgs a night along with 2 unisom every night and i sleep like a baby.Sometimes i take the 20 mgs of melatonin with benadryl.

As we get older our bodies don't produce melatonin as needed so yeah melatonin works very well but you have to supply your body needs w a good amount of it. I don't know about Unison or Benadryl because those can be addicting, atleast in my opinion. I have terrible sleeping habits were I always feel tired. But my professional has to do a lot w sleepless nites and unrestful days. Oh well, you have to take the good w the bad ;)

In a previous thread I reccomended Seroquel at low doses for sleep aid. I touted the no hangover even after the previous night's intense sedation as a reason to use it. Someone pointed out it's addictive, and I argued against that. However, I ran out without a refill and couldn't sleep more than a couple of hours a night for 3 days. I was exhausted, but jittery and anxious at the same time, like benzo withdrawel. I'd like to recant my promotion of Seroquel as a safe, inocuous sleep aid.

Just substitute Seroquel for trazodone (100mg at night) Pretty much the safest night time sleep aid that actually works pretty well. Also, it does not make you groggy in the morning like most hypnotics. Also, from my experience most OTC sleep aids due jack shit, and if they "work", they primarily do this because of the placebo effect.

Sleep Med. 2004 Jan;5(1):15-20.

The effects of trazodone on sleep in patients treated with stimulant antidepressants.

Kaynak H, Kaynak D, Gözükirmizi E, Guilleminault C.
Source

Department of Neurology, Sleep Disorders Unit, Cerrahpasa Medical School, University of Istanbul, Cerrahpasa, 34303 Istanbul, Turkey. [email protected]

Abstract

BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE:

To evaluate the effects of trazodone on subjective and objective measures of sleep in depressed insomnia patients treated with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). SSRIs can exacerbate or cause new insomnia while alleviating other symptoms of depression. Trazodone has been reported to be an effective hypnotic for patients with antidepressant-associated insomnia.

PATIENTS AND METHODS:

Twelve female patients were given either 100 mg trazodone or placebo for 7 days in a double-blind crossover design with a 7-day washout period. Polysomnographic recordings were repeated on the 3rd, 9th and 17th, 23rd nights after treatment with trazodone or placebo. Sleep was assessed by Pittsburgh sleep quality index (PSQI) at the beginning and end of the study. Psychological evaluation was done by Hamilton depression rating scale (HDRS).

RESULTS:

Trazodone significantly increased total sleep time, percentage of stages 3+4, sleep efficiency index, sleep continuity index and decreased percentage of stage 1, number of awakenings, stage shifts compared to the baseline. This improvement was also obtained after 7 days of treatment. The PSQI score was reduced to 5+/-1.6 at the end of the study. HDRS was reduced to 11.5+/-4.5 with trazodone and to 12.2+/-3 with placebo.

CONCLUSION:

Trazodone is effective in the treatment of antidepressant-associated insomnia.

Last edited:
How come legit GH makes you sleepy especially if you take 10 IUs all at once?

Never taken 10iu at once but I would be curious to find out

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner