over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Raw fertile eggs reduce myostatin...

do you just crack the eggs into a cup and drink them or what?

I feel like I would instantly throw it back up....

I usually blend them in a vitamix with protein powder, fruit, veggies, egg whites, EVOO, fish oil, and whatever else I can fit in there. I figure I can get a lot of healthy greens in my diet this way without having to sit there and chew on veggies all day..... the eggs whipped in there aren't noticeable at all.

When I am not in the mood for my veggie shakes or I need some quick protein, I just crack 4-6 eggs into a tall glass, and pour a few oz. of orange juice in there..... the OJ completely masks the egg taste. Once you get used to gulping them, you don't even need the OJ though. It isn't bad at all.
The free range eggs are noticeably better tasting. I had some cheap store bought eggs and tried them raw like that, it was not nearly as easy to gulp because of the taste and smell.

do you just crack the eggs into a cup and drink them or what?

I feel like I would instantly throw it back up....
Yup! Love the way fresh farm eggs taste.

getting 5doz fertile eggs from a local guy for $10 tomorrow or sat...will report back to this thread if I turn into the hulk overnight

I usually blend them in a vitamix with protein powder, fruit, veggies, egg whites, EVOO, fish oil, and whatever else I can fit in there. I figure I can get a lot of healthy greens in my diet this way without having to sit there and chew on veggies all day..... the eggs whipped in there aren't noticeable at all.

When I am not in the mood for my veggie shakes or I need some quick protein, I just crack 4-6 eggs into a tall glass, and pour a few oz. of orange juice in there..... the OJ completely masks the egg taste. Once you get used to gulping them, you don't even need the OJ though. It isn't bad at all.
The free range eggs are noticeably better tasting. I had some cheap store bought eggs and tried them raw like that, it was not nearly as easy to gulp because of the taste and smell.
When I was a teen back in the 60's we used to go and pay for what was the original smoothie: basically raw eggs and orange juice. It was called an Orange Julius.

Into the blender:
2 raw eggs
1 cup orange juice
1 cup water
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup ice

From my understanding of the research I would not blend or mix your eggs if you are using fertilized eggs for the myostatin reducing effect.

From my understanding of the research I would not blend or mix your eggs if you are using fertilized eggs for the myostatin reducing effect.
Interesting. I'm pretty sure Vince Gironda stated you should blend proteins and eggs with a fork.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure Vince Gironda stated you should blend proteins and eggs with a fork.

I was talking about the research that this thread is based upon.

johnjuanb1 is that your understanding that you do not want to blend the fertilized yolks?

What is the difference in a fertile egg and a free range egg?

Fertilized egg you can take home from the store put it under a heat lamp/rotater and most likely a chicken will hatch.

Free range may or may not be fertilized depending upon if there were any roos running around making time with the chicken that laid your egg.

johnjuanb1 is that your understanding that you do not want to blend the fertilized yolks?
My bad. And a good point.

I would love to read the study to see if there were any special considerations for fragility of the folli.

I eat mine cooked over easy. Probably should change that

I open one egg at a time, separate the white into a bowl, and drop the yolk straight from the shell into my mouth, pop open the yolk with my tongue, and drink it. Hahahaha...pretty disgusting right? :D

So the yolk is the important part of the fertile egg? Do you just cook the egg whites after or do you drink that raw also?

That's the impression I got from the articles.

Free range eggs come from chickens that are allowed to roam free. They aren't confined to a room where the eggs are mass produced. Free range chickens are separate from roosters so the eggs aren't fertile. Fertile egg chickens roam with roosters.

My bad. And a good point.

I would love to read the study to see if there were any special considerations for fragility of the folli.

Google FERTILE EGGS FOLLISTATIN PDF. The first site in the list says pdf NUTRITION. This pdf contains 8 pages of studies involving fertile raw eggs and myostatin. I'm unable to cut and paste from my phone. My phone is my pc. If somebody could cut and paste those 8 pages in the pdf, that would be great. PM only allows 100 mega bytes for pdf attachment. The pdf contain over 700 mega bytes.

Thanks a lot. But i still can´t see any study in that link.

That's the wrong link.

Google FERTILE EGGS FOLLISTATIN PDF. It will pull up a site with the title pdf NUTRITION. This pdf contains 8 pages of studies. Please post the link here. I couldn't figure out how to do so.

OK, I just read that study slowly to try and get a good feel for what they're saying. Basically all I came away with is that yes, there is follistatin in the lining of fertile eggs.

I got the impression that the amount of follistatin in 1 egg was generally so low that debulking was necessary in order to reach the egg-equivalent dosage required to significantly lower myostatin. Maybe one of you more industrious types might want clarify this by posting the math long hand. I might be confused.

The purpose of the study seems to be about testing the effectiveness of various extracting techniques for commercial purposes. Immobilization by binding and extracting produced higher finished concentrations than centrifuging for isolating the follistatin from the egg yolk lining.

And the part of the study measuring effectiveness of these extracts in suppressing myostatin in males were done using a very small sampling of subjects. Hardly a study that would get peer group review. And in some of the testing it appeared that the non-responder rate was as high as 30%. So just enough to prove possibilty - and a possible reason to apply for a grant to prove probability.

IDK, maybe I'm reading it all wrong.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member