over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Super Heavyweight Journal w/ Q+A

cals range from around 3200 off day to a little over 4100 or so on w.o. days?
whatever happened to the "u need 5000 cals" a day to grow like all the kids say?
im all over this thread, i always wanted to see how a superheavy does his thing, and is actutally honest about it.

Ah, my bad. For some reason thought I heard on Geard Up you were saying 3 days per week.

Other than training clients, are you mostly sendentary?

Most of my physical activity is gym training and BJJ.

Lift- 4x/wk
BJJ- 3x/wk (usually 3 days in a row, due to my schedule)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cals range from around 3200 off day to a little over 4100 or so on w.o. days?

whatever happened to the "u need 5000 cals" a day to grow like all the kids say?

im all over this thread, i always wanted to see how a superheavy does his thing, and is actutally honest about it.

It's so dependent on individual needs. I'm actually going to transition into it with smaller meals. People forget that solid, clean food takes up a lot of volume. Digestion plays a huge role. My friend Kris (FlexDurden, RIP) and I, at one point, ate similar calories! He was a bantam!

My metabolism is very flexible, for good and bad. I can get lean easy, but need to suffer to get stage ready. I also grow muscle easily, but it's very dependent on how easily I'm assimilating food. If calories are lower, but the calories are from mostly food, the result will be better than tacking on 1000 additional calories that are coming from higher calorie protein shakes. I use both, but make a big attempt to create the foundation with food... then add more through supplements.

Big swing on the carbs on training days versus nontraining. This is always my problem with carbs, finding the sweet spot. I'm like you, work days my schedule is set so makes my meal timing easy and the same. Weekends it's a disaster lol.

Very cool thread. Thanks for sharing.

How long before the gym do you eat your pre-workout meal and how long after your workout do you eat your post-workout meal?

I'll be following this along, thanks for sharing!

a question I had for you - on gear'd up you mentioned the 23andme revealing a genetic polymorphism that causes you to metabolize certain substances slower than most people. Have you ever found this to have an effect on your serum testosterone levels while taking exogenous test?

As for diet, I've been loose with my macros as of late. I'm taking a vacation from the 6th till the 15th. Mentally, it's difficult for me to follow a plan if I can't build on behavior patterns and schedules. We'll actually be training a lot while away, but my diet will be based on availability.

For myself, and for my clients, I time macros according to when I train. It's 90% based on the Fortitude diet, but I've been playing with preWO carbs. My day looks like this...

Training Day

1- pro/carb
IntraWO- pepto pro + HBCD + EAA
PostWO- pro/carb
3- pro/carb
4- pro/fat
5- pro/fat
6- pro/fat

On non training days, I eat mostly protein and fat, but will allow myself 100g (or less) of carbs if I feel snacky. This will change a bit as the offseason develops more. I'd like to start leaning out a bit early.

As for flexibility, we JUST recorded an episode about it, available now. JRQ goes into detail about the flexibility myth. Listen to it, then hit me up if you have any additional questions. Every time I talk to the guy, I learn something new.

Also to note, I'm currently running...

Toraxx Test E
Toraxx Deca
Toraxx MastE
Toraxx Oral Turinabol (preWO only)

All smooth and painless. My joints feel GREAT. The preWO OT is definitely a game changer too.

w/...
Generic GH
Humalog
Aromasin

Would you be able to share your doses?

Dave thanks for doing this, will be following this thread.

With your normal training, have you found that the bjj sessions each week have hurt your gains muscle-wise?

thanks

Dave, looking forward to following this thread. I enjoy hearing your insights on G'ud as well.

Thanks bud! I miss the Muscle Mayhem and Intense muscle glory days!

I do my best on Gear'd Up, but tend to be more articulate if I'm able to write, as opposed to fly off the cuff. It's a lot of fun though. It's been a massive help in terms of knowledge acquirement and motivation.

I think this thread is a great, especially for the younger/novice guys out there who are having a hard time separating truth from lies. I definitely support what you are doing and will be following along.

Jesus it's crazy to imagine rolling with a dude thats 5'8 275 pounds of pure muscle lol...does anyone ever make you tap?

Big swing on the carbs on training days versus nontraining. This is always my problem with carbs, finding the sweet spot. I'm like you, work days my schedule is set so makes my meal timing easy and the same. Weekends it's a disaster lol.

It doesn't feel like it though. I feel like carbs are a bit addictive in nature. If I start my day without carbs, as long as I have adequate fats, I feel great. If anything, I feel better. The pleasure sensation has been ingrained in our culture for decades. Also, you WILL lose a bit of water retention within the muscle, as you won't store as much glycogen. Electrolytes also excrete at a higher rate, which are responsible for water retention as well.

Weekends are rough if you're cool and have friends. LOL. All 7 days I live have some element of structure, which is good and bad. My worst, most tempting days are my non-training days where I'm alone for half a day. That's when stopping by CVS for Twizzlers seems like a rational thing to do.

Very cool thread. Thanks for sharing.

How long before the gym do you eat your pre-workout meal and how long after your workout do you eat your post-workout meal?

PreWO varies. I prefer to have a gap of about 60-90 minutes... but I've been known to slam 2 chipotle burritos PreWO, then drive a mile to the gym to high intensity squat with no issues.

Post is immediate. My intraWO is finishing as my postWO meal is heating up in the microwave. Waiting would be fine, but I've been conditioned to eat (and be hungry) ASAP. A two hour Fortitude session will leave you running on fumes.

I'll be following this along, thanks for sharing!

a question I had for you - on gear'd up you mentioned the 23andme revealing a genetic polymorphism that causes you to metabolize certain substances slower than most people. Have you ever found this to have an effect on your serum testosterone levels while taking exogenous test?

Honestly, no. I tested a few sponsors privately here, on my own. Wanted to see if they had legit gear. Both scored SUPER SUPER high. I do get "gear sick" a bit easier than most, so my doses aren't as high as a normal super.

I'll actually be doing the same with Toraxx. In a few weeks, I'll see if Quest Labs machine has that many zeros on the ng/dL. LOL

Would you be able to share your doses?

Right now...

EOD
Toraxx TestE350 @ 1cc
Toraxx Deca300 @ .5cc (front loaded 1cc for the first 2 shots)
Toraxx Mast200 @ .75cc (front loaded 1cc for the first 2 shots)
Toraxx OT @ 50mg PreWO

GH @ 2iu, 3x ED (2iu PreWO)
Humalog @ 7-10iu preWO, sometimes postWO
Aromasin @ 10mg ED
Nolvadex @ 20-40mg ED

Dave thanks for doing this, will be following this thread.

With your normal training, have you found that the bjj sessions each week have hurt your gains muscle-wise?

thanks

Honestly, only precontest IF I roll like I'm getting ready for Abu Dhabi. Flow rolling is great for mobility and athleticism. Off-season rolling is great for the heart, lungs, and my ability to move new mass. I've never felt so light @ 275-280lbs.

Jesus it's crazy to imagine rolling with a dude thats 5'8 275 pounds of pure muscle lol...does anyone ever make you tap?

Very good purple, browns, and blacks. All the time!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity