over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Teach me how to use Peptopro protein!

you only need about 30g of carbs an hour before workout with some fat(almond butter) and then you sip on the intra workout drink described above... HBCD are amazing for that

I will definitely try sipping the drink during my workout, instead of chugging it post-workout. This is only the first week I've had the stuff.

I would PREFER to train once a day, as it is much mentally and logisticaly easier to handle, even if it's longer. I only thought of training twice a day, as I thought it might offer some kind of extra anabolism, or less catabolism from long-training sessions.

This is from TN forums by EryanB from Jan 2012..

PP absorbs so quickly 25g in one sitting just seems egregious. Your going to massively upregulate gluconeogenesis and can end up in negative nitrogen balance once the excess flood of amino acids is cleared from your blood stream. It's even more pronounced than free form amino acids since the bioavailability of peptides is so much higher.

My understanding of PP is that it's a great supplement for rapid delivery of amino acids to your muscles post workout. But even a 200+ pound man isn't going to incorporate 25g worth of amino acids into his muscles in one sitting. Your just giving your kidneys a workout and giving yourself a VERY expensive source of carbohydrates.

Think we talked about this years ago, I'll try to find the link

Here is a link to the archived thread...
How much peptopro? [Archive] - TrueNutrition Forums | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements

And another thread mentioned within the thread from years prior..
**broken link removed**

What is the biggest factor, intra workout nutrition?

I've always eaten large pre-workout meals, but it just seems like I run out of "gas" after a while of intense lifting. It's more of an energy thing than a fitness thing.

It seems like the 2nd bodypart I train always ends up being less intense than the first... so I just logically though of trying to train twice a day. I'd come back later in the day to do the other bodypart. It seems to work pretty well, except sometimes I get "systemically" fatigued. Meaning, I just feel overall tired the next day.

The size of the preworkout meal doesnt necessarily matter...it needs to be purposeful.
A huge pre workout meal can also hinder you.
Training twice a day is no small feat, requires lots of other aspects, and can't be done for too long without hampering your CNS.

I used to train twice a day and obviously you can't do it without enhancements of some kind. I used to foolishly do A LOT of cardio (45mins to an hour) twice a day along with my workouts. I think I'm gonna go back to training twice a day minus all that cardio. I'm fortunate enough to have the time to train twice a day and rest and eat if I'm not working out.

I should also include something I left out earlier. JM's practice of a pre workout meal consisting of 1/2 cup cream of rice, 1tbsp nut butter, and sugar free choc. syrup is accompanied by a Whey Isolate shake...so it is indeed a meal, not just carbs and fat.

From what I can tell, when LBA's were available the whey isolate was not in this feeding and there was no need for syrup since Chocolate LBA's killed two birds with one stone.

Seems like LBA's are destined to make a comeback soon so perhaps some will do that again.

how does HBCD compare to Karboload from TN?

20g Pepto pro during workout seems to work for me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

John does not use insulin and as by evidence of threads on these boards, neither does Mark Dugdale.
John uses insulin pre-workout. He discusses it on the PED podcast #6.

congratulations on replying to a thread that is a year and a half old.:banghead:

Uses or has used? Or uses sometimes on "weak" bodyparts? I know John and what he does at times. His use is sporadic and always part of a specific plan...whether to bring up a bodypart, use in conjunction with synthetine...etc.

Is ON's hydrowhey and or TN's hydrolyzed whey isolate the best way to go if were trying to save a $?

Dont want to feel bloated during legs/back.

Is ON's hydrowhey and or TN's hydrolyzed whey isolate the best way to go if were trying to save a $?

This is an awesome blend that I use:

75% debitterized hydro and 25% pepto pro. I used a 90cc scoop

congratulations on replying to a thread that is a year and a half old.:banghead:
Is there a statute of limitations on discussion involving intra-workout nutrition?
knight9 said:
John does not use insulin and as by evidence of threads on these boards, neither does Mark Dugdale.
knight9 said:
Uses or has used? Or uses sometimes on "weak" bodyparts? I know John and what he does at times. His use is sporadic and always part of a specific plan...whether to bring up a bodypart, use in conjunction with synthetine...etc..
John said he has used insulin pre-workout as close to 2 weeks leading into a show. The statements "his use is sporadic" and "John does not use insulin" are misleading contradictions.

Does insulin use pre-workout affect intra-workout nutrition? Absolutely. Are these protocols, especially the use of highly branched cyclic dextrin and pepto-pro, effective and worthwhile for those not using exogenous insulin? That's a valid inquiry.

I usually go with 15g pepto with carb powder intra. Used karbolyn/other similar brands for a long time, but just switched to HBCD. Personally I like it a lot better, it's a lot lighter in the stomach and mixes much better. Tastes decent too even with light flavoring, but that doesn't really matter a whole lot lol. Pretty much the same price as the other carb powders except waxy, but that's kind of been phased out.

2 scoops Intra-MD + 1 scoop Pepto Pro is what I've been doing. Doesn't get any better than that.

i like the TN unflavored version, but when i run out between shipments i use the hydro whey... both great.. same w the carbs, i prefer TNs karboload, but between shipments use Karbolyn... i stocked up on crea pure too to use with either..

2 scoops Intra-MD + 1 scoop Pepto Pro is what I've been doing. Doesn't get any better than that.
That's a bit like putting bcaa in a protein shake. Unecessary to add EAA's if you use enough pepto(I'd do 30g up to 40).

That's a bit like putting bcaa in a protein shake. Unecessary to add EAA's if you use enough pepto(I'd do 30g up to 40).

I know but I use the Intra md for the hbcd and it just happens to contain EAAs in it

Knight one question please mate. I know this is going to sound insane but I went through like 3 kg of DSM peptopto but it never did anything for me on soreness where as I put one of my long term training partner on your protocol from other thread same as what I was doing and the dude is NEVER sore !!! Also he is life time natty never touched anything other then OTC stuff and its worked great for him. He trains balls to wall and never quit. We have gone through high volume heavy legs days from hell and I would be sore like 9-10 out of 10 and he would be like 2-3 out of 10 . crazy and annoyin at the same time lol! I was also not using any gear during the whole peptopro phase. Been off for like 4 years. Just started a little.

So I gave up on it and tried intra md when it came out and it worked !! Then after going through two tubs of it , it got me thinking as the only thing I changed was from peptopro to EAA , I took rest all same hbcd , CM, etc etc. So it got me thinking the magic for me must be in eaa . so for cost reasons as intra md is not cheap for us here in UK I switched to unflavoured eaa from a company which is like TN in USA.

What I am doing now is for flavour 13 GM's of beast aminolytes which has 5 gm bcaa and 5 gm eaa and electrolytes and then I put 15 gm unflavoured eaa and hbcd which varies depending on body part . I don't go more then 30 GM's for hbcd . that's it . soreness is not existent now. May be 2-3 out of 10 some days if I do something insane or push more wt then might get sore a little . before I will be sore 70-80 percent of times now 20-30 %.

Sooo my question is do you think I am OVERDOING on eaa by having 23-25 GM's of it (13 aminolytes /one scoop and 15-17 gms of unflavoured was) or do u think I should try upping the total content of eaa even more to have a total of 30 to may be 40 GM's of eaa to perhaps eliminate soreness to almost non existent. I would think 30-40 GM's of eaa would be little too much so bit reluctant to go this high, no ? I indeed do high volume at 75 min to 90 min for legs workouts , 3-4 times a week . always appreciate your input. Thanks mate

Last edited:
Financially and for functionality would 1 scoop karbolad + 1 scoop intra md + 15mg peptopro be optimal? Obviously varying amounts on slin usage. Just as a rough guide.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131