over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The self sufficient/self reliant thread

@slesh i would like to see a thread with you and @alfresco both talking about the BEST and WORST things you have eaten/drank in each country/cool places you have visited , especially those culinary dishes/delicacies that seem foreign or bizarre to us "Westerners". . I can continue to live vicariously through your travels.
So off the top of my head I can’t think of anything too “weird” but man the parrot fish I caught in the Maldives that the hotel chef prepared and the king clip fish in South Africa - easily the best fish I’ve ever eaten.

So off the top of my head I can’t think of anything too “weird” but man the parrot fish I caught in the Maldives that the hotel chef prepared and the king clip fish in South Africa - easily the best fish I’ve ever eaten.
1708914590314.png 1708914637102.png remarkable looking species (parrotfish)
the one on the left looks like our horse, I am always afraid to feed him apples out of my palm thinking he's gonna nip my fingers off

what did it taste like ? did you eat/drink it with anything unique?

View attachment 193283View attachment 193284 remarkable looking species (parrotfish)
the one on the left looks like our horse, I am always afraid to feed him apples out of my palm thinking he's gonna nip my fingers off

what did it taste like ? did you eat/drink it with anything unique?
They look so fucking cool. It’s a flaky white fish. The chef prepared it two ways - plain grilled with some lemon and then made a Maldivian curry and used it in there as well. For whatever reason I didn’t take pics but below are video screengrabs. I also caught a bunch of Skip Jack tuna the chef sashimi’d.

IMG_9760.png IMG_9761.png

Sorry to take over the thread. Had a similar experience in Thailand as well when I went fishing off the coast of Phuket on Rachai Island. I caught a bunch of grouper and then the captain took to me Banana Island on the way back to a restaurant where the chef took the grouper and sashimi’d it right in front of me like an hour after I caught it.

IMG_0777.jpeg IMG_0795.jpeg

Hey dudes. I’m on a quest to become self sufficient for the most part. I have acreage, an orchard, fields for produce, chickens, sheep, 2 cows and 1 hog. Plus a badass hound/Rottweiler mix that runs security on the property. My goal is to eventually become self reliant. I live in a region where I can grow almost anything. I want to eventually not need to leave my property for months at a time if needed.

I have killer sheep milk and homemade honey for micronutrients. I’m interested in seeing how you other folks are doing the livestock and crops. I’m an active male in the prime of my life and I’m trying to use this time wisely. I’m concerned about what is coming for mainstream folks in the coming years and want to have a viable living plan when the shit hits the fan.

I guess I’m just wondering if there’s others on this forum doing the same thing as me. And if so, I’m hoping we can discuss different aspects of off grid living. It’s one thing to survive when things get wonky. I intend to thrive and with a ton of extra muscle lol. Anyone else into homesteading and stuff?
I'm with you. I don't have a lot of this extant on my new property yet but am on the path. I garden every year regardless of whether I have to do it on my parents property or not. Have my super hot peppers already started for the year.

Next on my list is at least a 7 foot fence over my front 5 or 6 acres, clear for the orchard area and garden(s), and get at least one raised bed put up for my asparagus patch (that I already ordered crowns for).

I can, but mostly just salsa and pasta sauce so far. I like making specialized salsas with my superhots and everything. It's extremely satisfying to be able to make stuff with just things that you've grown.

If I answer this truthfully will the Chicoms come to my place with a squad to take me out and commandeer my stuff?

Not sure if you mean pew, pews or more dogs? I have a presa and shes a one dog wrecking crew, no one is coming on my property when she's on.
More like a cameras etc. When times will be rough people will do everything to survive.

Sorry to take over the thread. Had a similar experience in Thailand as well when I went fishing off the coast of Phuket on Rachai Island. I caught a bunch of grouper and then the captain took to me Banana Island on the way back to a restaurant where the chef took the grouper and sashimi’d it right in front of me like an hour after I caught it.

View attachment 193287View attachment 193288
So on the self sufficient side of this was it just you on this trip?

Kind of in the same vain of self sufficiency I do ALL of my own car work (except alignments) and I consider the ability to be able to work on and fix your own shit as a necessary skill.
I’m borderline retarded when it comes to mechanics. My dad is even more incompetent at it. I can YouTube fix simple mechanical issues but it takes me significantly longer than it should so I’m jealous of your know-how. Definitely comes in handy at times.

I’m borderline retarded when it comes to mechanics. My dad is even more incompetent at it. I can YouTube fix simple mechanical issues but it takes me significantly longer than it should so I’m jealous of your know-how. Definitely comes in handy at times.
I'm not going to claim I'm the fastest or I know everything, but I can look shit up I don't know pretty well. I do have multiple vehicles so that if one is down and I can't figure out wtf is going on efficiently I can just drive another for awhile while I figure it out.

I was recently struck by just HOW simple wiring is for a house vs. ANYTHING car wise. lol.

All my big multi week international trips are solo. I’m not paying 5-10k to fly someone business class across the world. Females get Mexico or Turks for a few days.
I admire that man. A+

Ugh.

I live in Los Angeles and can barely change a lightbulb.
If technology shut down tomorrow, i would die lol evolution wouldve neutralized me a looong time ago.
The world doesnt need heavy breathing 300lbers with CPAP masks trying to repopulate the world.

From the posts here on PM it doesn't seem like we have many members living a lifestyle like this or similar.

I don't either but I'm closer than most in that my parents have land and animals and whatnot. There are a lot of things that come with this lifestyle that you may not be thinking of:
  • Extra power supplies for home, vehicles, equipment; trickle chargers for some vehicles and equipment
  • System for storing, filtering, and dispensing water
  • Wood fireplaces are a must - natural gas and propane can freeze in the winter, if electric goes out you have no heating, but a fire always works
  • Warmers for your animals' water tubs (prevents water from freezing)
  • A veterinarian who can visit on call
  • Medications / vaccines / etc. for animals
  • Chest freezers for food storage
  • Guns suited for killing animals ranging from varmints to large terrestrial mammals
  • Extra raw materials - wood, steel, nails, concrete, big tool set, etc. - shit's going to break and you're going to have to fix it - my dad had a bull run through a section of fence a few weeks ago
Then there's also the emotional component when you have animals. Yeah you're raising them for food but you're also going to look at them as pets - hard not to feel for a cow when it eats out of your hand. My parents lost of one of their cows a few weeks ago - she had a botched pregnancy the vet had to abort last year then with this last pregnancy she just fell apart and died a few days after she aborted the fetus. It will crush you to go through things like that.

Do you have a lot of experience growing crops? Have you managed your orchard through freezing weather? There's a pretty much never-ending list of challenge with this lifestyle but it can be very rewarding when you pull it off.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ryan.veneficus
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws