over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Shadow - PSL Log

In my YouTube video on using growth hormone for hypertrophy I mention that chasing increases in systemic IGF-1 via large bolus dosing strategies is a sub-optimal choice, and could in fact be limiting your hypertrophy potential from some negative feedback mechanisms.

This research demonstrates increased systemic IGF-1 could directly inhibit localised skeletal muscle tissue IGF-1 synthesis.

Thank you to Chester Rockwell for sharing this research!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11796503/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vitamin K is a supplement I would consider beneficial for just about anybody.

I've spoken a little about K2's cardiac protective effects for AAS users in the past (which the latter of this paper does point toward) but aside from that, here are a couple of outcomes to support why this also holds big benefits for the older-aged of my followers [emoji16]

Over 3 years, K2 held a statistically significant benefit to prevention of osteoporosis and fractures, plus substantial benefits in preventing age-related stiffening of the arteries when compared to placebo.

I personally use and recommend Super K from Life Extension, due to the dosing, it being a comprehensive blend of K1/K2, and coming from a well trusted GMP compliant facility.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28686548/

Sorry for the terrible camera pic! Just a screenshot from today's #iphonevlog.

Anyway, after a solid 6-7 months of focussing on optimising all health markers with Austin (bringing body fat down, resetting insulin sensitivity, optimising digestion, sleep, stress, waking heart rate, blood pressure, aerobic capacity, mobility, blood markers) today I finally begin a solid growth phase.

Taking 6 months out may seem crazy to some with serious physique goals, but to truly optimise your longevity and progress in this sport, correcting these markers BEFORE pushing for physique development should always be your priority.

With that said, it's time to make some ridiculous progress! [emoji1434]**broken link removed**

OPD Podcast #7

My Recovery/Transformation + OPD Seminar News with Austin Stout.

This week we had a dual-subject episode!

Firstly we dig into the first public details outside of the OPD Group about the upcoming seminar featuring Austin and myself early next year.

Next up was an uncomfortable subject for me to discuss, but something that is absolutely important to cover. We spoke about the poor health I came to Austin in and my physique regression over the past year, my terrible experience previously with another coach and how that left me hospitalised/fat/insulin resistant, how we tackled my issues, the ins and outs of my fat loss phase and exactly how we are pushing forward with my first solid growth phase with my 'unusual' drug metabolisation.

**broken link removed**

Or for iTunes listeners, search 'Optimal Physique Development' in Podcasts!

Got tight hip flexors? Mine have been getting tight recently due to some very long drives and sitting down more than usual, so I have been throwing this stretch in along with my standard weighted stretching intra-workout, and it has made a world of difference. Visually, this looks very easy, but do them right and you will be in a world of pain.

Immediately following any quad based metabolic work, grab a stable bar and get into position on the tips of your toes. Breathe out and fully contract the abs and focus on creating the shortest distance between your sternum and your hips whilst driving your hips forward. Now try to lean back as far as possible whilst being locked in this position.

The occlusion effect of the blood pooling from your metabolic work with this stretch is absolutely agony.

Have a go and let me know what you guys think!**broken link removed**

Weekly update after today's check in with Mr Stout.

Weight: Low 193, High 197.2. Weight has pretty much trended up rapidly since implementing the new GH/Insulin, and then subsequently AAS. Comparing weights at this point is a waste of time honestly, too much going on to push weight up to use this as a gauge. We are 17lbs up from the end of the diet weight though, and condition has held the same.

Nutrition: +15g protein on all days. MPS is going to be rocking at this point!

Training:
Began a new 4 week training block today. Very much strength building/progressive overload focused, with some additional metabolic and cell swelling work in there. Really excited to rotate in some new movements and give this a run!

PED's: +2iu lantus daily

All in all, having a whale of a time right now. Right at the beginning of a growth phase, new training block, new PED protocol that will start taking effect soon, digestion/stress/sleep is all bang on point so recovery is maximised. Very happy to be holding this condition at this weight right now, and we haven't even started!

**broken link removed**

OPD PODCAST #9 - Female Special featuring Marty Mega MacPhee

Marty joins Jasmin and myself on this episode touching on a tonne of useful information for you girls out there.

We cover everything from choosing the right coach, health concerns, and do you really want to compete?

More female focus episodes to come, going in detail on subjects discussed in here, so keep your eyes out!

As always, for you Apple listeners, go ahead and search 'Optimal Physique Development' in Podcasts to get this on your device.

**broken link removed**

Will do full update with pics etc as usual... but just keeping note of changes as they happen.

BG was looking like this yesterday:
Fasted: 91
2 hours after protein + fat meal: 85
Half way through workout: 81
2 hours after PWO meal: 90

Little higher than I'd like, but creeping up as I expected as the initial insulin sensitivity of being fresh from the diet is calming down.

So adjustments:
+ 4iu lantus
+ 2iu LOG to each dose

Of course the plan isn't to keep increasing insulin as sensitivity dwindles and end up hyperinsulinaemic, but the doses are still very low, and this is just adjusting on an initial super-compensatory state.

Had a tough workout last night, looked like...

High Incline DB Press: 4 x 12/10/10/8 RPE9

Reverse Band Bench Press: 5 x 6 2:1:1:1 - 60 seconds rest. RPE8

Superset - 90 seconds rest. RPE9
A1) Constant Tension DB OHP: 4 x 12/10/10/8
A2) Behind Body DB Side Laterals: 4 x 5

Dips (chest focused, with abs crunched and elbows flared): 3 x AMRAP

Went straight into a 2 minute hanging stretch on dip station from the final set

Standing Miltary Press: 3 x 15 (speed)

Weighted Sleeper Stretch

Reverse Crunch: 3 x AMRAP

Single Leg Seated Calf Raise: 6 x 10 RPE9 2:2:1:1

Weighted Calf Stretch

Seated Ham Curl: 1x100, 1x50. AMRAP with partials

Weighted RDL Stretch

Did some wide grip dead hangs for a couple of minutes, hip flexor stretches and practised vacuums for 10-15 minutes.

Going in tonight for a heavy pull session. :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity