advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What macro do you increase first for lean mass?

What macro do you increase first for more mass?

• Total voters
I voted add more carbs because that is the first thing i do. I will eventually add more of everything. but when I first start out i lower protein and add more carbs, my calories will very slowly increase but not much because i have lowered protein (don't need as much protein when going high carb as carbs are protein sparring and im not taking in a huge surplus of calories). As i get further along I will start slowly adding in protein and fat and lowering carbs very very slightly (i still get my calorie increase from the higher fat and protein). I have found that this is better for me to stay a little leaner in the offseason than i have in the past. Not saying this is the best way, just saying so far this is the best way for ME :love:

This seems to be a good approach. Good methodical set-up there. I have to get out of the mindset of choking down protein until I'm sick.

You always have good insight B-Boy.

I'd add protein, but honestly I'd target a higher caloric intake and maintain my ratios.

Que1.#IF ALREADY EATING VERY HIGH PROTEIN (2-2.5GRAMS PROTEIN/LBS OF LEAN MUSCLE MASS) WITH MODERATE ESSENTIAL FATS AND MODERATE CARBOHYDRATES.

Ans1.THEN ---all one needs to increase is essential fats and complex carbohydrates.

Que2.#IF A PERSON IS EATING ISO-CALORIC X 6 MEALS (55GRAMS PRO/25GRAMS OF FATS/AND 35 GRAMS OF CARBOHYDRATES)

Ans2. Then--all he needs is to increase is the number of meals, while maintaining the same ratio.

--------------X-------------X-----------------X----------------X----------X------------------X----------------X--------------------X---------X----

However, this is one part of the equation. "Raw materials", for PROGRESSIVE ANABOLISM, (MUSCLE SYNTHESIS FACTORY---VIA PROTEIN SYNTHESIS) depends upon the RATE is determined by a PERSON`S SPECIFIC DNA, however all we can do is to increase the rate of this "individual protein synthesis" by increasing the workers(hormones).

The second part is Hormones, (how "many" workers do you have? for "raw material processing".....how efficient are they, at their work? Does the factory need more workers....if yes, then yes) more and more hormones WILL BE NEEDED FOR MORE AND MORE MUSCLE.

KEEPING THE BODY-FAT CONSTANT AND GAINING MUSCLE IS/should be THE AIM OF THE BODYBUILDER.

i myself don`t follow my own advice sometimes...lol

but maintaining bodyfat @ around 8-10% bodyfat AND GAINING HUGE AMOUNT OF MUSCLE ALL YEAR LONG (15-20LBS/SOLID MUSCLE MASS) is most certainly possible just by incorporating 45 mins Cardio x EOD alone, and may be some cytomel 25-50mcg, HGH as they say.

AND I HAVE TO LOSE ALOT OF FAT:D

Dr Intensity

Last edited:
250g protein bulking or cutting, blasting or cruising.

When cutting at my lowest I have 200-250g carbs, with no added fats.
When finished cutting I go to maitenance by replacing egg whites with 5-6 whole eggs cooked in coconut oil, adding tbsp of flax seeds and few tbsp any nut butter. Keep fats there. Also add 50-100g carbs. Stay there for a month or so. After that continue adding carbs for growth when body stop adding weight, usually end up about 500-600g carbs on normal days and a bit higher on cheat days. Keep there untill decide to start cutting. I don't think adding any macronutrient to this would make make grow it would just make me fatter and fatter without upping aas/peptides, that is just enough to keep me lean at 220-240 depending if I am on blasting or cruising dosages.

Grow faster? You should always strive to gain muscle as fast as you can.....muscle, not weight. Like I said before, you will be disappointed IF you rely on diet to accomplish that. Your answer lies in my first response.......BUT, I know I preach LBAs all day long but look at the studies on nitrogen retention........now see why hospitals use them now as their protein source?

Back here after some time away...whats happened to the LBA´s Phil...i loved them??

Okay I think I get what your saying. So how does one know when to eat more in order to provide support for the mass that they are building per training and hormone manipulation? Is there a point when the current meal macros no longer support mass growth?

I suppose this is why you eat ONLY when hungry, correct?

If you are tracking your macros correctly you should know when to make changes. I would start off by taking your bodyweight x14-16cals depending on your metabolism, then if your goal is to gain weight start at a small surplus of say 250 cals. Then what i do is consume about 1.5g protein per pound multiply that by 4 cals a gram and break the remaining cals into a ratio of carbs and fats. I do 65 percent carbs and 35 percent fat of remaining cals. The ratios are for you to decide this process takes experimenting. Once you start hitting your macros daily, take your morning weight everyday and do a 7 day average. Set a goal to gain per week say .25lb if you are not gaining or stop gaining you know to increase your macros. What macro you increase will depend on how you look. When you start tracking your macros you realize there are no clean or dirty foods. There is also no limit to what you can track. Once you start consistently tracking your macros you will have no need to ask can I eat this or will this make me fat, questions we see often. Pm me if you have any questions

I think increasing everything slightly if all other aspects do not change (drugs/training)

Awesome thread. I'm on my phone and hope no one mines off i bump it so I can find it later.

I would vote for protein in my case because of my slower metabolism. Càrbs just make me bloofy and fat has it's place but for ME it would definetly be up protein drop carbs increase fat a little.

I've tried lower protein with high carbs and low fats and just about every other way and I can truly say the more protein I eat the faster and more consistent my LBM gains are.

I would vote for protein in my case because of my slower metabolism. Càrbs just make me bloofy and fat has it's place but for ME it would definetly be up protein drop carbs increase fat a little.

I've tried lower protein with high carbs and low fats and just about every other way and I can truly say the more protein I eat the faster and more consistent my LBM gains are.
This thread is from 2009 lol... im so glad you dug this up... good reading

This thread is from 2009 lol... im so glad you dug this up... good reading

Actually somebody else bumped it but yeah I agree good thread just like a lot of the older threads.

Yea. Sometimes it's good when old stuff gets bumped

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

interesting and really good thread to put things into perspective on. It would be good for some of the newbies to even read over it to get a better understanding of things

for me I play around with them. When I really need to gain it seems upping protein and bcaa's.

remember we bodybuilders usually get bigger and bigger so we need more calories then say the year before if we have five lbs of muscle since last year

Protein

Protein from beef and fish helps me the most. Much more than chicken. But there's a lot more to it than that. Fats during the day, post wo carbs. I could go on for awhile, but essentially quality proteins first.

I keep my fats fairly constant from offseason to prep...they naturally need to increase a little to accommodate extra calories vs serious restriction but that's still typically less than a 25g delta

For me it looks like this over the last offseason -> competitions -> starting offseason a month ago:

_____________april->aug / oct->november____________________________
Protein per day: 350g -> 250g -> 325g (probably up to 350-375 by christmas)
Carbs per day: 500g -> 200g -> 350g (probably only up to 450g this time)
Fats per day: 90g -> 65g -> 80g (maybe go to 90 or 100g)

At the moment i'm increasing my cal through fat.

Peanut butter

Very great read, first lean bulk will be upping the protein!

Many change their macos through the year so the answer really depends upon what your current macros are. For me it would likely be protein or carbs. Although in a general sense I would vote protein (unless you are already having a silly amount).

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131