over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who got some tree trunks for legs!?

Here is a recent picture of my twig. I just squat and dead. uploadfromtaptalk1393179913592.jpg

Attachments

• side leg.jpg
    side leg.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 665
Last edited:
My legs are far and away my best body part...

Split Squats (stretches out hip flexor prior to BB squats)
3x6-12

Back Squats (to parallel, or you are a pussy)
5x5-15

Power Squats (as deep as the machine will let me go)
2x10-15 warmup
1x20-30 rest pause/drop set

Walking Lunges (BIG steps to hit glutes and hams better, slow eccentric)
3x8-10
Done holding DBs, on the last set drop the DB and keep going with just bodyweight until you have a heart attack

[superset]
Hack Squat (don't lock out at the top, keep tension on the quads)
5x10-15
Leg Curl (hold contraction for 3 sec, slow eccentric)
5x8-10

This would be more of an offseason, low volume workout for someone that needs quite a bit of work on their legs. Pre contest is higher volume, low rest/super sets, lighter weight with more isolation. Notice there are NO leg extensions.

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 684
My legs are far and away my best body part...

Split Squats (stretches out hip flexor prior to BB squats)
3x6-12

Back Squats (to parallel, or you are a pussy)
5x5-15

Power Squats (as deep as the machine will let me go)
2x10-15 warmup
1x20-30 rest pause/drop set

Walking Lunges (BIG steps to hit glutes and hams better, slow eccentric)
3x8-10
Done holding DBs, on the last set drop the DB and keep going with just bodyweight until you have a heart attack

[superset]
Hack Squat (don't lock out at the top, keep tension on the quads)
5x10-15
Leg Curl (hold contraction for 3 sec, slow eccentric)
5x8-10

This would be more of an offseason, low volume workout for someone that needs quite a bit of work on their legs. Pre contest is higher volume, low rest/super sets, lighter weight with more isolation. Notice there are NO leg extensions.

Yes they are!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393181357.835748.jpg

A couple from a few months ago.

Really working on bringing up the calves and hams

Damn!!! You guys posting pics all have insane legs!!! I'm keeping my shit covered up.

I weighed 158 on stage here before the night show....not exactly tree trunk legs but they look kinda cool.

Attachments

• IMG_3969_LXGCUDOTCP.jpg
    IMG_3969_LXGCUDOTCP.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 642
Not tree trunks but I'm trying lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 639
This thread is dedicated for badass leg workouts and leg pics

Badass Leg workout
A standing one leg hamstring curls 3x20 (warm up)
B1 Seated leg curls 4x15 full 15 half 15 half (45 reps total)
B2 Leg extension 4x12 (5 second negative)
C Banded Squats 4x8 (band starting from bottom)
D Stiff Legged Deads on T-Bar Row machine 4x10
E1 Donkey calf raise machine 4x10 (hold contraction at top for every rep you are on)
E2 Tibialis machine curls 4x20 (2 second squeeze)

Basics, Basics, Basics.

Look at Pak man.
Look at Branch.
Demayo & the king of quads himself Tom Platz

What did they all do? Squat...
I see so many guys trying to do all this crap that doesn't even make sense and it just is a bunch of nonsense spankin off...

Squat heavy, Squat light for reps, Squat heavy for reps

None of this rubber band, chain box squat shit... Just go balls out till you puke or pass out. I used to squat so hard my nose would bleed and I loved it.

It just boils down to not having the guts to go in and squat week after week month after month... It sucks at first but I guarantee any of these guys with huge legs have done it at some point.

Exactly my thoughts. Ridiculous workout for someone who is a beginner with all the "fancy stuff". Stick to the squat and leg press and front squat of that suits you...front squat is hard to do for high reps however.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 2

My leg development is coming on ok but I feel it could be much faster.

For squats and leg press I work my way up to doing 1 set of 6-8 reps for my heavy weight, you guys (the ones with big legs anyway) think I should be doing more sets with this weight?

My leg development is coming on ok but I feel it could be much faster.

For squats and leg press I work my way up to doing 1 set of 6-8 reps for my heavy weight, you guys (the ones with big legs anyway) think I should be doing more sets with this weight?

Change it up. One week do 20's and 30 rep sets.

Make sure your legs are recovered 100% before training again
Example: if your not getting stronger with the same reps your more than likely not recovered or not pushing hard enough.

The point overall leg development took off was when I started squatting barefoot. I also narrowed my stance around shoulder width.

One good intensity technique I like to use is pausing the weight at parallel for 3 seconds with 495 and doing that for around 10 where as normally 495 is my 20-25 rep set. Legs grow from reps....

Platz used to take 225 and do ten minute sets. I mean wtf kinda shit is that. You just gotta get crazy with legs there's no easy way to build them.

Example: if your not getting stronger with the same reps your more than likely not recovered or not pushing hard enough.

The point overall leg development took off was when I started squatting barefoot. I also narrowed my stance around shoulder width.

One good intensity technique I like to use is pausing the weight at parallel for 3 seconds with 495 and doing that for around 10 where as normally 495 is my 20-25 rep set. Legs grow from reps....

Platz used to take 225 and do ten minute sets. I mean wtf kinda shit is that. You just gotta get crazy with legs there's no easy way to build them.

Just curious do you have any vids of doing 495 for 25 reps? Thanks

do you guys flex/squeeze your quads at the top of each squat?

I know the quads are contracting throughout the movement, but last leg workout I flexed/squeezed them for like 2 seconds at the top of each squat and my legs have never hurt this badly ( I know DOMS doesn't really mean anything in terms of muscle damage)...it's literally been unrighteous.. and my legs were completely numb after each set I could barely walk.

anyways, as for leg workouts, I keep it simple.. warm up with a couple light sets of extensions, then to squats, then leg press and done. I implement a lot of John Meadow's ideas (really slow negatives, paused reps, 6 reps then add a plate on leg press etc.)

he has great ideas

I've never seen any guys do that.

I have never noticed that huge a drop off with paused vs regular squats or paused bench and regular bench. 2.5 times more reps seems way off. For me at least. What I can pause for 10 reps deep...I can maybe do 3 or 4 more reps regular if I'm lucky. I do negatives very slow even on regular squats though. ..no rebound to speak of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 2

Just curious do you have any vids of doing 495 for 25 reps? Thanks

It's pretty sad that I haven't videoed much of my stuff(I never really saw it as that impressive,) it seems that's what everybody does now so I'll get a video of me doing a set of high rep squats and post it for ya bud. Maybe along with some of my other lifts as we'll. I've always been naturally strong and getting pretty fat this off season helped out ALOT. So gimme a few days and I'll hook ya up buddy but don't call BS till ya see it. ;)

Also I said 20-25.. I'm 262 right now versus 286 when I was at the peak of my strength. I've seen a few guys do weight like that but I'm the only one out of most I know with the stamina. I'll see what I can do maybe with camera on me I can squeeze 25er out but I'll be lucky to get 20 right now. We'll see.

Last edited:
Not quite tree trunks yet but working on it

Attachments

• 162802_1470863741203_1761101_n-1.jpg
    162802_1470863741203_1761101_n-1.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 538
  • 162965_1470865621250_1329923_n-1.jpg
    162965_1470865621250_1329923_n-1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 527

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge