over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who got some tree trunks for legs!?

2 days ago

Attachments

• Leg.jpg
    Leg.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 425
Would it be cool if you can provide us the workout you gave JJB and also to enlighten us about Leg Extensions and rather to warm-up with mobility or working on hip-flexors? I tend to have knee issues but Leg extensions seem to be just fine for me while squats, leg press and hacks and all that are just to nagging on my knees. I know extensions are bad but are you avoiding them entirely? thanks brotha

thanks nrother means a lot coming from you

the difference between HUH's is he uses fully stretched ROM because i believe studies will support a higher % of fibers recruited due to the muscle being in most compromising position (stretch) to protect itself....

the partials there are more for overload without compromising the knees nearing 90deg and also exhausting the primary muscles in the process so that you can use less weight full ROM following that.

people will ask why not pre-exhaust with extensions and my answer is this...

heavy extensions will not only stress the knees but the tendon as well. lighter will only deplete glycogen and do almost nothing for fibral stimulation/damage. i prefer a pre-exhaust that is still stimulating growth as well as ancillary benefits (like strengthening stabilizers in hips)

I'm afraid to post mine after looking at all these monstrosities.

my lil guys

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393389683024.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393389683024.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 385
legs :)

Attachments

• legs 2013.jpg
    legs 2013.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 387
**broken link removed**
Legs are definitely my best body part. As far as how to get big legs....can't say I've done anything fancy...squats done in all rep ranges...heavy low reps, lighter high reps and everywhere in between.leg press, etc the basics are enough

**broken link removed**
Legs are definitely my best body part. As far as how to get big legs....can't say I've done anything fancy...squats done in all rep ranges...heavy low reps, lighter high reps and everywhere in between.leg press, etc the basics are enough

ive seen these legs on stage, best legs by far out of any posted, this guys quads are fucking SICK!!!!

**broken link removed**

Them boys are nasty.

Dude...they look great. Very aesthetic...I know...sounds gay. Do you do anything special for your outer sweep to go along with the genetic gift.

Thanks man...I wouldn't say I do anything special....I do use a more narrow stance for my leg press and hack squats not sure if that's contributed a lot or not

**broken link removed**

:eek: not even going to bother posting my leg pics up now

I hate to quote/repost bigoso pic, but GOD BLESS!!!! looks like you have SLABS of meat on a bone!!! :headbang:

**broken link removed**

I was genuinely in the middle of uploading a fresh set of leg pics. Quickly changed my mind. That sweep is insane.

**broken link removed**

Well your legs look great! Some people dont have to try hard on certain bodyparts. Legs are a body part that has so many heads and muscles that you can have big legs with no shape or great shape with no size. You have both.....I on the other hand have had every leg imbalance possible and had to bring up individual parts of my legs year by year until they looked good lol First i had just teardrop. Then i got inner thighs. Then some sweep. Then hams. Then more sweep lol....what a struggle its been to 30!

Damn Bboy! Ur legs are fucken jacked!

Brad is a pro bodybuilder of course his shits on point! He has been on this board with us a long time, smashin national shows and killin it in the gym day by day, week by week, year by year. You want to learn from someone he is a good choice. He obv had very good genetics to start with like all pros, but he was by no means given anything...that man is a prime example of im gonna BUST MY ASS and succeed!

**broken link removed**

Those are some big ass legs!

You still work with Skip?

Those are some big ass legs!

You still work with Skip?

Yup, plan on hitting another show with him later this year. Thanks for the compliments guys, hopefully everything can be equally as freaky next time I hit the stage

Would it be cool if you can provide us the workout you gave JJB and also to enlighten us about Leg Extensions and rather to warm-up with mobility or working on hip-flexors? I tend to have knee issues but Leg extensions seem to be just fine for me while squats, leg press and hacks and all that are just to nagging on my knees. I know extensions are bad but are you avoiding them entirely? thanks brotha

This is all WHAT IV LEARNED...but im no doctor......what iv learned has worked well for quite a few people......most of you know im an insanely curious person who needs to know the details of how everything works and my curiosity leads to me non stop learning and trouble shooting...

Everything i suggest is on a case by case basis. Depends why your knees hurt and from what. You sound like your knees are hurting from compression which could be a number of issues, but most commonly meniscus. Either way, you need to insure your mechanics are near perfect and reduce the load when any type of sheering might occur. This is why we feel more and more pain the closer to 90 degrees we get.

Here is what i suggested for JJB, but is always subject to variants. Everyone has different issues and mechanics so alterations are almost always needed.....

but here is the gist of it and actually what i like to do for myself (we seemed to have similar problems)

I always suggest people with knee problems bike first. Common sense tells you to use an angle with a lot of flexion (bending) to warm the hips and knees and open up the muscles dynamically(through motion).

I then suggest a hamstring movement first for a few reasons, kill two birds with one stone. First, most people neglect hams. This gives them some prioritization. NEVER crazy heavy, instead focus on the contraction. We dont need any aches or pains or slight injuries before the workout even begins. Heavy and intense, but always always always controlled. I like to actually work hard to TIGHTEN and chase that cramping contraction on the final set and follow it up with an immediate SLDL (it will feel insanely tight and really good, open that fascia up and lengthen the muscle). Then a follow up set of SLDL which will feel a LOT looser (good thing) so you can move into your compounds without anything pulling you from alignment.

Next i go with a partial ROM heavy compound, usually a leg press or v-squat. Never to 90 degrees, always above. This allows you to load the muscles heavy without compromising the knee. YES this causes compression, but does not cause the sheering effect that is nearly impossible to completely avoid when nearing 90 degrees. You want to keep constant tension and go for TUT while squeezing the target muscles the whole time. Careful to drive through center of the foot and not the heels or toes, which causes more of a sheering effect. Basically find your "sweet spot" where tension is highest and keep the contraction there. As much as you can handle.

Next exercise i like to do is a full ROM exercise. You can reach or pass 90 deg here because you will be weaker and a lighter weight will now be more effective. You will still get some sheering at the knees, but with a lot less load. You are also going to work in a higher rep range, further lightening the load. The focus here is a slight pause at the top and bottom (were talkin milliseconds just enough to stop the elastic effect or release tension) and see how much pain you can deal with. Start off light and open up the hips and get the knees warm and muscles lengthened (theyl be tight from the partial ROM and load) so you are ready to give it all youv got.

from here you can do all your ancillary and isolation work for different muscle groups or even another compound if necessary.......

He can post up the entire routine if hed like IDC

hope this helps......

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BigKev6153