• IMG_20140224_065442.jpg
    IMG_20140224_065442.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 449
And another.

Attachments

• IMG_20140225_075059.jpg
    IMG_20140225_075059.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 457
Thats all i'm workin with at the moment...

:cool:

Attachments

• legs 6 2013.jpeg
    legs 6 2013.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 459
Not tree trunks, but slightly bigger than what you may see hanging out of your bird feeder.

456 - Copy.JPG

Damn! There are some big ass legs in this joint! I now realize I have no decent leg pics while in any kind of shape... Right now I'm to fat to see any real cuts soooo...

This one is kinda interesting though. Mind you that I was 320lbs and that is a five foot security pole in front of a Walmart. I have had 3 major surgeries on the left knee and back surgery so no squats for me. No I'm not wearing pants... There was no way on hell the crotch of my jeans would have made it through that feat of idiocy... The cops showed up within 5 min of me dropping my pants. Good times! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 424
Heavy basic movements in the beginning. Then once the development is there, work on the details. I always have done a full rom, never cheat (like using your hands on the leg press or going half way down on it). I find no benefit to doing leg extensions except for warm ups with very light weight. Much prefer sissy squats or walking lunges with no weight. I always squat, even now with my legs pretty much maxed out. I can't stand when people say they can't squat. Just use less weight and don't ego lift. There is always someone squatting more than me, and I couldn't care less.
Squats, walking lunges with no weight or sissy squats are usually after to force more blood in there and get an extreme pump. Then higher rep leg press (15-30 reps). Stiff legs deads then whatever else I feel like for hamstrings.

Damn! There are some big ass legs in this joint! I now realize I have no decent leg pics while in any kind of shape... Right now I'm to fat to see any real cuts soooo...

This one is kinda interesting though. Mind you that I was 320lbs and that is a five foot security pole in front of a Walmart. I have had 3 major surgeries on the left knee and back surgery so no squats for me. No I'm not wearing pants... There was no way on hell the crotch of my jeans would have made it through that feat of idiocy... The cops showed up within 5 min of me dropping my pants. Good times! :)

Big, agile, and a hell of a writer. Skillz

Heavy basic movements in the beginning. Then once the development is there, work on the details. I always have done a full rom, never cheat (like using your hands on the leg press or going half way down on it). I find no benefit to doing leg extensions except for warm ups with very light weight. Much prefer sissy squats or walking lunges with no weight. I always squat, even now with my legs pretty much maxed out. I can't stand when people say they can't squat. Just use less weight and don't ego lift. There is always someone squatting more than me, and I couldn't care less.
Squats, walking lunges with no weight or sissy squats are usually after to force more blood in there and get an extreme pump. Then higher rep leg press (15-30 reps). Stiff legs deads then whatever else I feel like for hamstrings.

I do exactly what you do. Go for the pump and forget the ego.

Thanks man...I wouldn't say I do anything special....I do use a more narrow stance for my leg press and hack squats not sure if that's contributed a lot or not

I was w/o the hack squat for 10 years but just joined a gym that has one and have been doing them narrow stance and can start to tsee the difference.

bigoso and bboy:eek: that's just not fucking normal:D just sick legs

I was w/o the hack squat for 10 years but just joined a gym that has one and have been doing them narrow stance and can start to tsee the difference.

Yeah, I put my feet together and the outer q's get bombed.

If there was one thing i learned from MDs leg training was little adjustments to feet placing is like doing a whole new exercise. Its amazing.

Hope im not stepping on toes by elaborating

Hitting portions of the VM or Lateral quad is about tracking and weight displacement. Not necessarily foot position. Foot position will USUALLY favor a particular displacement and tracking, though. It can still be screwed up.

what would you suggest for VM's?

If you want to target the lateral quad you focus on displacing your weight on the outside of the foot, slightly more towards the pinky toe and track the knees SLIGHTLY outward (do not overdo this thinking more is better, the tracking directly is SLIGHT SLIGHT SLIGHT).

If you want to target the VM you want to drive more towards the inside of the foot, slightly towards the big toe and track SLIGHTLY inward (medial rotation).

I do believe some studies have shown the VM to also fire harder during lockout where lateralis will fire harder out of the bottom of movements. I will dig them up later if i have time.

Certain stances will favor different versions of the above, but the above is WHY each of those stances that favor that displacement/tracking works for that particular area. Example....close stance hacks is hard to track your knees inward because your feet are already together, so you must track slightly outward. Wider stances make it hard to track the knees outward any more than they already are, so you will get an ever so slight internal (medial) rotation and track inwards (emphasizing the VM)

Hope im not stepping on toes by elaborating

Hitting portions of the VM or Lateral quad is about tracking and weight displacement. Not necessarily foot position. Foot position will USUALLY favor a particular displacement and tracking, though. It can still be screwed up.

If you want to target the lateral quad you focus on displacing your weight on the outside of the foot, slightly more towards the pinky toe and track the knees SLIGHTLY outward (do not overdo this thinking more is better, the tracking directly is SLIGHT SLIGHT SLIGHT).

If you want to target the VM you want to drive more towards the inside of the foot, slightly towards the big toe and track SLIGHTLY inward (medial rotation).

I do believe some studies have shown the VM to also fire harder during lockout where lateralis will fire harder out of the bottom of movements. I will dig them up later if i have time.

Certain stances will favor different versions of the above, but the above is WHY each of those stances that favor that displacement/tracking works for that particular area. Example....close stance hacks is hard to track your knees inward because your feet are already together, so you must track slightly outward. Wider stances make it hard to track the knees outward any more than they already are, so you will get an ever so slight internal (medial) rotation and track inwards (emphasizing the VM)

Yeah I actually do this too. I also look in the side mirror and can see the outer quad muscle flickering, so I know it targets the area.

my quads

Check out these natty wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 315
About to buy a used zercher harness, any one a fan for developed quads and wheels in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting their

Attachments

• 1403221292571.jpg
    1403221292571.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 258
  • 1403221321764.jpg
    1403221321764.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 1403221440575.jpg
    1403221440575.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 273