over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why I don't come on anymore

He was being sarcastic.

LOL - Holy shit I am a fng moron... I am at the office doing too many things at one time... If I had hair I guess it would be blonde.

I realize how my post came across... I was actually just asking in general if he had issues before hand... The thing that blows my mind is hearing about guys not having any issues at all and then something major happens.

Looking back - do you think there were any warning signs that you just didn't pay attention to or notice at the time?

defnot sarcasm

warning signs? none.. just woke up and boom shit began hitting the fan in an epic way

was when I OD'd on dnp

I was out at dinner with a top level cardiologist that does nothing but stints - tells me can't remember doing a stint on a guy over 70 that weighed 220 - said they're all dead by then - he wasn't joking either

Huge muscle mass can't be good for your heart in general no matter how old you are, being older must be even tougher though. You don't see many ex bodybuilders sustain huge size when they stop competing, the majority cut down for health purposes.

No one is telling you what to do or not do. We come here for information and learning from the experiences of others. I don't think we should exclude the negative aspects of the lifestyle just because its uncomfortable to think about.

I guess we should all stop posting about healthy supplements and dietary strategies in order to increase longevity if these guys are going to complain about "preaching."

But how do you know you have those genetics until you try?

I think that is very simple Big A. There is no other sport out there that genetics plays a bigger role in than BB!!! I think if you look back at the history of those individuals who have exceled, you can see as early as their teen years they had genetic potential. My problem is with those many individuals who think massive amounts of steroids, GH, insulin, etc., will somehow give them genetics!!! There is an elite number of guys who will ever set foot on a pro stage. I learned very early in my bodybuilding career that no amount of anabolics would make me Mr. Olympia!!!

Deaths of members here

This is what brought me recently back to the site. One death brought me back and then about 1 week later we lose another member. I think as long as longtime members stick around and keep using the PEDs we are going to have a continual flow of events like this. I would think the rate should remain about the same, I would hate to think of it being any worse than it is now. The thing we have now though that we didn't have 30 yrs ago is that boys are starting to get into it heavy even in high school/college. It is starting in younger.

Here is a story from the UK where a 20 year old died and he had been bodybuilding since he was 15 I think. He has suffered multiple heart attacks and strokes and kept on using. Bodybuilder who took steroids dies age 20 after suffering heart attacks and strokes | UK | News | Daily Express

Abusing the stuff will do you in eventually, IMO. Genetics affect this of course and so some will live longer than others but an early end it will usually be.

I think that is very simple Big A. There is no other sport out there that genetics plays a bigger role in than BB!!! I think if you look back at the history of those individuals who have exceled, you can see as early as their teen years they had genetic potential. My problem is with those many individuals who think massive amounts of steroids, GH, insulin, etc., will somehow give them genetics!!! There is an elite number of guys who will ever set foot on a pro stage. I learned very early in my bodybuilding career that no amount of anabolics would make me Mr. Olympia!!!

How many guys you know compete at say an Olympic level of anything.
Most of those sports only contain genetic freaks at that level its no different.

Everyone should be aware of their limits and pro bodybuilding is not meant for all. We all got to die one day, with or without reason.

This is what brought me recently back to the site. One death brought me back and then about 1 week later we lose another member. I think as long as longtime members stick around and keep using the PEDs we are going to have a continual flow of events like this. I would think the rate should remain about the same, I would hate to think of it being any worse than it is now. The thing we have now though that we didn't have 30 yrs ago is that boys are starting to get into it heavy even in high school/college. It is starting in younger.

Here is a story from the UK where a 20 year old died and he had been bodybuilding since he was 15 I think. He has suffered multiple heart attacks and strokes and kept on using. Bodybuilder who took steroids dies age 20 after suffering heart attacks and strokes | UK | News | Daily Express

Abusing the stuff will do you in eventually, IMO. Genetics affect this of course and so some will live longer than others but an early end it will usually be.

Hi Maldorf I agree with all you have said here sir. If I may add something which is what the news article not pointed out and just blaming steroids this fella was HEAVILY into recreational drugs rave drugs party scene and stuff. I am from UK and I know when this was reported at the time and I have seen his face book page pictures etc as it was all over social media here and some other news sources and his close friends reported this he was indeed doing the drugs but also doing big time all the party drugs ecstasy and what not ( I have never touched any recreational drugs except little weed and snunk here and there occassionally in my younger years , nothing now for years) but he did do hard party on this stuff going on holidays regularly like Ibiza etc etc and even here in UK and drinking alcohol too. So I would to think that played a huge part as well in on top of anabolic steroids especially they are hard on the heart , blood pressure , cns and stuff

How many guys you know compete at say an Olympic level of anything.
Most of those sports only contain genetic freaks at that level its no different.

So true, and you also see it very early in their lives. Many moons ago, I watched an eight grader win the 440 yard dash (yes, that long ago) 15 steps ahead of the next closest competitor in a middle school conference championship. He ran in Barcelona in 92.

I'm just an average joe, with limited AAS use/experience. I'll say this though, reading through these threads the past 6 months or so has REALLY changed my mind about "upping the dose". Been OFF for almost a year now. To be honest I look just as good, ok maybe little less muscle/more fat, whatever. I'm healthier now, and do more cardio. To sum it up... I'm proud I woke up after 3 years of using, rather than 30

This is a good point. Genetics can be very hard to evaluate in beginners. It is rare to see a raw beginner who reeks of pro potential before touching a weight.

I have seen numerous pics of pros before they began training and their was little to nothing about them which indicated they were a pro in the making. Many of these guys had average structures, nothing special in terms of shape or lines (which often can't really be seen until fully developed), and they weren't any larger than your normal guy.

When I owned my gym you'd have average looking guys genetically come in and start lifting and bam... They would grow quicker than anyone else around them.. You won't know someone's genetics until they grab that weight..

So true. Look at Leveron after retiring in the video he made making fun of himself. The guy looked like he had never lifted in his life. But dump gear in him and BAM he's a freak.

CG

my opinion

This is a good point. Genetics can be very hard to evaluate in beginners. It is rare to see a raw beginner who reeks of pro potential before touching a weight.

I have seen numerous pics of pros before they began training and their was little to nothing about them which indicated they were a pro in the making. Many of these guys had average structures, nothing special in terms of shape or lines (which often can't really be seen until fully developed), and they weren't any larger than your normal guy.

When I owned my gym you'd have average looking guys genetically come in and start lifting and bam... They would grow quicker than anyone else around them.. You won't know someone's genetics until they grab that weight..

So true. So true.

This is a good thread so more on that topic before returning to the OP . . .

Regarding the recent posts about potential . . . many make some good points
but I also think a like number are missing a huge factor / indicator and that is
the ‘rate of growth’.

We have all seen before and after images of very successful bodybuilders which
I think in retrospect, do a great disservice to most ‘normal’ people. The commercial
interests prey on these unsuspecting souls who might and do say to themselves . . .
self: I looked like or look like he did when I was that age . . . all I need to do is X, Y
and Z and I will look like them. An understandable thought process until the reality
of the situation hits you across the face like a used catfish and you wind up consuming
everything including the kitchen sink, run your ass into debt, destroy any worthwhile
relationship you happen to fall into (not develop because you are too self-absorbed),
just because of some before and after pic? Come on!

In very few cases can you judge the potential, the eventual ultimate development
of a trainee by their beginning photographs. I am not going to list them all but
suffice to say the list is long and what they looked like before or at the early stages
of training was in many cases (most?) nothing short of unimpressive and insignificant.

But where these folks shined, what separated them from you and I, was their rate
of change once exposed to weight training, a proper diet and AAS, insulin and GH
and the combined response to all these external factors.

I think from what I have seen (and I have a very extensive collection of before and
after fotos) is that most were lean at the start. Of course there are exceptions but
being lean and athletic from the get go seems to help, not hurt. And while many
teenagers look like then, it is when they hit the weights is when the proverbial shit hit
the fan.

Let me make this perfectly clear . . . I have zero problems with giving this ‘sport’ a
shot but you don’t have to put your health in jeopardy to know if have what it takes.
Once you start training . . . and not that hard or that much . . . it will be immediately
obvious you and to anybody and everybody around you that you just might possesss
something special.

And this will not take a very long time to ascertain. A few months to a few years. If
you don’t have it then, then you never will. Most trainees abtain the majority of their
growth in the first 3 to 5 years. Beyond that the manipulation of other factors (site
injecting, GH, slin, bla, bla, bla) will and do influence where you end up. Make no
mistake about this.

What does all this have to with the OP . . . ‘Why I don't come on anymore’; for me
it is not the unfortunate that are dying, it is the lack of training / diet / and lifestyle
topics that are in seemingly short supply. Hell . . . I am far from a beginner but if I
go the beginners forum, I am hard pressed to help, to be of any value . . . it is all about
drugs.

The drafts file in my Microsoft Outlook has about 10 subjects – topics I have started
to write about as a top post or as a reply but as fast as I write and as fast as I think (which
is fast) I quickly lose interest . . . say to myself; WTF I am I doing this. I will just fall on
deaf ears . . . Not that I have any great pearls of wisdom to distribute but sometimes I feel
like dear friend said to be (wrote) over forty years ago . . .

“while I am certainly no longer naive enough to think that I can change the world, or
even do much in the way of redirecting fools -- I do think that the concentrated efforts
of a few reasonable people can do quite a lot in the way of halting the spread of insanity;
if we can't heal the sick, perhaps we can at least inoculate the upcoming generation of
young bodybuilders with the needle of truth, -- and if the present unhealthy trend can be
reversed, perhaps weight training will someday be accorded the reasonable consideration
it truly deserves”

May you all be well.

alfresco

Exactly. There are also the guys who have a incredible response to gear too. So they could be training and looking good but they try gear for a few months and after it look better than most guys who have been blasting and cruising for 10 years.

Hi Maldorf I agree with all you have said here sir. If I may add something which is what the news article not pointed out and just blaming steroids this fella was HEAVILY into recreational drugs rave drugs party scene and stuff. I am from UK and I know when this was reported at the time and I have seen his face book page pictures etc as it was all over social media here and some other news sources and his close friends reported this he was indeed doing the drugs but also doing big time all the party drugs ecstasy and what not ( I have never touched any recreational drugs except little weed and snunk here and there occassionally in my younger years , nothing now for years) but he did do hard party on this stuff going on holidays regularly like Ibiza etc etc and even here in UK and drinking alcohol too. So I would to think that played a huge part as well in on top of anabolic steroids especially they are hard on the heart , blood pressure , cns and stuff

What is snunk and ibiza? Are those typo"s or am i getting old and i dont know whats out there? It sounds like those might be bad for you

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131