over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Your tips for ham/glute tie-ins

wikipedia is useless...that picture of the glutes going all the way down the outside of the legs is incorrect. the glutes originate on the posterior ilium (top part of the back side of your hips) and insert on the iliotibial band, gluteal tuberosity (on femur), and greater trochanter (for the glute medius and glute minimus).

The Gray Anatomy Illustration is Spot On. Are You telling me this is wrong? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Gluteus_muscles.PNG

Last edited:
In my opinion, there is nothing you can do(that you probably are not already doing...i.e.lunges, stiff legged deads, squats, leg curls, etc..) to improve this "tie-in" that your referring to. With the exception of losing bf and water. I think if you are able to achieve striated glutes for your contest then this "tie-in" should be quite visible. I think if you want there to be more separation between the glutes and hamstrings then you continue to build up the size of the glutes and hamstrings. Just as we cannot increase the size of the "inner-pec" we cannot increase the size of the outer glute.

Strange that more BB do not utilize the glute-ham raise bench. Widely used in powerlifting but not so much in BB. I love mine bought it from a friend in need of cash it came from Dave Tates Elite fitness. Hits the entire posterior chain like nothing else.

In my opinion, there is nothing you can do(that you probably are not already doing...i.e.lunges, stiff legged deads, squats, leg curls, etc..) to improve this "tie-in" that your referring to. With the exception of losing bf and water. I think if you are able to achieve striated glutes for your contest then this "tie-in" should be quite visible. I think if you want there to be more separation between the glutes and hamstrings then you continue to build up the size of the glutes and hamstrings. Just as we cannot increase the size of the "inner-pec" we cannot increase the size of the outer glute.
Exactly.

The Gray Anatomy Illustration is Spot On. Are You telling me this is wrong? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Gluteus_muscles.PNG

no, that picture is correct, the one on the main page showing the glutes going all the way down on the outside of the legs is incorrect...they are including the iliotibial band in that picture.

the reason i said wikipedia is useless is because anyone can edit the page. i guess its fine if you just want some general info on a subject, but as for being a redible source you can forget it.

i agree, certain exercises (like the bulgarian split squat) will allow you a greater stretch on the glutes, hip flexors, and hamstrings...but nothing is going to isolate that one area.

Strange that more BB do not utilize the glute-ham raise bench. Widely used in powerlifting but not so much in BB. I love mine bought it from a friend in need of cash it came from Dave Tates Elite fitness. Hits the entire posterior chain like nothing else.

u got a picture of this machine?

think about doing lower back extensions...its completely opposite of that exercise. the upper body is stabilized and the lower body is in motion. to activate the glute medius and minimus you can put a band around your feet and hold your feet apart while performing the reps, make sure to pause at the top.

**broken link removed** (make sure not to cross your feet like this guy does, but this is the exercise.)

i do nothing for glutes/hams. its all diet

i do nothing for glutes/hams. its all diet

the master has spoken....

QUICK QUESTION...is that the last place to come in for you or is that an easy spot for you?

Oh yeah, what do you know about shredded glutes and hams?:D :D

:p

I see where you're coming from, Alex, and you're probably rigth about the fat loss issue, BUT not working your glutes is also the best way to end up with a flat ass... which is not really aesthetic.

Shredded yes, but shaped up and shredded is even better :)

ckeck it out on elitefts.com ; also reverse hypers really hit these areas hard...weird how these two pieces of equipment are considered absolute necessity to powerlifters and most BB never heard of them

I feel like a dork for posting these pics again but shit im proud of this and heres why. I do not train my glutes and barely train my hams. I do lying curls and some standing one leg curls.

When i do leg presses my hams get worked.

But I do not train my glutes and never do lunges. Just thinking about lunges make my knees hurt!

I am proud of the results, because It really is all diet for me. My glutes are not necessarily the last thing to come in, probably my abs are. But my diet and prep works! Last year I helped a local competitor, he listened to me to a tee and his glutes were damn shredded. Maybe not as deep as mine but his were awesome too.

If you do your diet/prep the optimal way, your going to burn fat from everywhere including the toughest spots to get ripped , the glutes/hams

Attachments

• IMG_4382anotherback.jpg
    IMG_4382anotherback.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 5,739
  • IMG_4410lat.jpg
    IMG_4410lat.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,664
  • IMG_4415backbicep.jpg
    IMG_4415backbicep.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,538
Last edited:
I feel like a dork for posting these pics again but shit im proud of this and heres why. I do not train my glutes and barely train my hams. I do lying curls and some standing one leg curls.

But I do not train my glutes and never do lunges. Just thinking about lunges make my knees hurt!

I am proud of the results, because It really is all diet for me. My glutes are not necessarily the last thing to come in, probably my abs are. But my diet and prep works! Last year I helped a local competitor, he listened to me to a tee and his glutes were damn shredded. Maybe not as deep as mine but his were awesome too.

If you do your diet/prep the optimal way, your going to burn fat from everywhere including the toughest spots to get ripped , the glutes/hams

you dont squat?

ALL HAIL THE GLUTE KING HAS SPOKEN!

That could be highly individual though. My abs are the very FIRST thing to get shreaded before ANYTHING ELSE. My glutes are one of the last (lower back is very last)....so i BARELY had shreaded glutes this year and my back still had a lil chub. I dont think i could have gotten my glutes that lean without tons of lunges, ham work, deep squatting, high foot position leg press' and the site inj GH into the glutes. It was damn difficult to get my glutes in while my quads had sick veins all over. Point is....maybe its not JUST diet for everyone...maybe its just a strong point for you.

I do not know much about dieting or bodybuilding, but I would assume it is diet ... if you have NO fat and no water whats going to be on tops of the hams/glutes?

I do not know much about dieting or bodybuilding, but I would assume it is diet ... if you have NO fat and no water whats going to be on tops of the hams/glutes?

I saw that you posted and was like uh ohhh. Much more mature response than i expected from you in a thread titled such as this one....

i squat, front squats, hacks squats and leg presses.

Im getting my glutes and hams worked hard during these movements. It seems like hacks work the glutes the best for me. Being that my glutes are really sore on days i throw hacks in the workout.

As far as what i meant about diet is this. If you diet down really hard, super hard, do your prep optimal your going to have shredded everything. I just can see how. But im saying if you do your prep really really good and give yourself time.

See I believe that if your doing things optimal with your diet, your going to get fat pulled from everywere and for most people the glutes are the last place to pull the fat from.

I know, during my last prep my glutes were so tight as my diet moved along near the end my ass just got harder and harder and It was almost disapearing its seemed like. But i really took getting lean to a whole new level.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear