over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The self sufficient/self reliant thread

I’m borderline retarded when it comes to mechanics. My dad is even more incompetent at it. I can YouTube fix simple mechanical issues but it takes me significantly longer than it should so I’m jealous of your know-how. Definitely comes in handy at times.
Yea man just keep at it! Take on bigger projects that require more skill. All the shit is on youtube plus I know a guy that is a mechanic just in case i fuck shit up.
I've had old Broncos, Chevelles, Dodge Coronet and brother had a slew of older camaros when we were young. Always something that needed fixing. Every time i took my bronco off road/mudding it was like $200 in parts the next day. My brother had this 72 Camaro that was wound pretty tight(it ran mid 11's) and liked to eat rocker arms and transmissions. We got a tranny swap down to about an hour and half. Though my Dad knew everything and just told us what to do initially. Also having the right tools makes things so much faster. I remember changing his transmission once and he backed it down the driveway, put it in drive and boom, the guy who built it replaced it but we still had to change it. And I imagine you would want a diesel for reliability and its ability to run on used oil. Unless you have a windmill or large solar farm to charge electrics. Though i don't know if they have 4 wheelers that are electric or diesel??

You know what I have always wanted to do for fun is grow a huge pumpkin. I watched a video on it and people are giving these things iv bags of milk. The seeds for the giant ones seem to be $14 and up. But is anyone wants to have a pumpkin competition I am in but I can't think of a way to weigh them?????? I don't have a forklift or anything.

Yea man just keep at it! Take on bigger projects that require more skill. All the shit is on youtube plus I know a guy that is a mechanic just in case i fuck shit up.
I've had old Broncos, Chevelles, Dodge Coronet and brother had a slew of older camaros when we were young. Always something that needed fixing. Every time i took my bronco off road/mudding it was like $200 in parts the next day. My brother had this 72 Camaro that was wound pretty tight(it ran mid 11's) and liked to eat rocker arms and transmissions. We got a tranny swap down to about an hour and half. Though my Dad knew everything and just told us what to do initially. Also having the right tools makes things so much faster. I remember changing his transmission once and he backed it down the driveway, put it in drive and boom, the guy who built it replaced it but we still had to change it. And I imagine you would want a diesel for reliability and its ability to run on used oil. Unless you have a windmill or large solar farm to charge electrics. Though i don't know if they have 4 wheelers that are electric or diesel??

You know what I have always wanted to do for fun is grow a huge pumpkin. I watched a video on it and people are giving these things iv bags of milk. The seeds for the giant ones seem to be $14 and up. But is anyone wants to have a pumpkin competition I am in but I can't think of a way to weigh them?????? I don't have a forklift or anything.

Not sure how to multiquote anymore. Or maybe that was just on AR and not here. Anywho.

What year(s) bronco? I have a few of them.

Good question on the 4wheelers. I know there are diesel SxS's. If I ever broke down and bought one of those I'd get a Roxor probably, nice diesel and can go a reasonable speed unlike a lot of the diesel ones.

I love big shit so I'm always trying to grow huge stuff. Def gonna be going into Dill's Atlantic Giant land once my garden is all set up. I have this GIANT variety of Cayenne I like too, can use them in everything, a little more reasonable heat wise than my superhots.

They look so fucking cool. It’s a flaky white fish. The chef prepared it two ways - plain grilled with some lemon and then made a Maldivian curry and used it in there as well. For whatever reason I didn’t take pics but below are video screengrabs. I also caught a bunch of Skip Jack tuna the chef sashimi’d.

View attachment 193285View attachment 193286
Wow that looks amazing

I think it’s a really cool concept and idea. Lots of work for sure. There is no way I could do it with my 1/8th of acre. I do have a buddy I work with who can do it all so if something happens I’m going to his house. For the most part, my feet stay on concrete. Major respect bro!!

I have a 69 and a 72, really wish I never would have sold either of them but who would have thought that they would be worth big money someday. What year did you have? My 69 had a three on the tree and the linkage would always get bundled up so I would be a stop light with the hood open unbinding the shit. I swapped it to a floor shifter and loved that thing. it had a 302 in it and it hand been rebuilt about 10k miles ago. i knew the owner before it was mine and it was a good friends brother and the had reciepts. but I had the heads ported and polished, new intake, new carb, full headers exhuast. it also had front and rear lockers. Still it needed a lot of work as the heater kinda worked and the front windshield you would have to wipe down on the inside. It had been previously rolled so my uncle told me to find a different bronco to restore. Plus it had a 10 gallon tank and I think the thing got 5mpg. Luckily at the time gas was like 99cents a gallon. but it was just an old car that shit would break on all the time. Though it was very fun had 33's on it and was great to take out 3 friends and myself to just go get muddy. due to the heater and shitty windsheild wipers it was not something you wanted to drive when it was cold or raining. a nice day and a bikini top it was the shit

Sold that and about 3-4 years later came across a 72 and that was just a solid 20 footer. I never did anything to it and it really just stayed in a storage unit I think I owned it about 6 years and a friend of a friend wanted to grab a beer and talk about it. We wound up going to look at it and he made me an offer and countered with three different offers until I was like sweet yea take it as it was more of a burden with insurance and storage fees.

What year you have?

@slesh i would like to see a thread with you and @alfresco both talking about the BEST and WORST things you have eaten/drank in each country/cool places you have visited , especially those culinary dishes/delicacies that seem foreign or bizarre to us "Westerners". . I can continue to live vicariously through your travels.
I was in Bhutan for three weeks a couple of months ago. I ate heaps and heaps of fried rice and veggies the entire time for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was eggs.

I lost ~10 pounds.

Ya know, I am not very adventurous when it comes to food (I have eaten some weird shit, some not by choice). I pretty much eat for fuel . . . but don’t tell my wife that 😱 save for a handful of my favorite and not exotic dishes.

All in all, pretty boring my gastronomy.

I live on 40 acres..essentially kill what I eat..my wife and kids use a lot of locally farmed chicken and beef..I have a shit load of chicken but just for eggs..

Sometimes I do go to the gulf and load up up with the shrimping nets and shit

I have a 69 and a 72, really wish I never would have sold either of them but who would have thought that they would be worth big money someday. What year did you have? My 69 had a three on the tree and the linkage would always get bundled up so I would be a stop light with the hood open unbinding the shit. I swapped it to a floor shifter and loved that thing. it had a 302 in it and it hand been rebuilt about 10k miles ago. i knew the owner before it was mine and it was a good friends brother and the had reciepts. but I had the heads ported and polished, new intake, new carb, full headers exhuast. it also had front and rear lockers. Still it needed a lot of work as the heater kinda worked and the front windshield you would have to wipe down on the inside. It had been previously rolled so my uncle told me to find a different bronco to restore. Plus it had a 10 gallon tank and I think the thing got 5mpg. Luckily at the time gas was like 99cents a gallon. but it was just an old car that shit would break on all the time. Though it was very fun had 33's on it and was great to take out 3 friends and myself to just go get muddy. due to the heater and shitty windsheild wipers it was not something you wanted to drive when it was cold or raining. a nice day and a bikini top it was the shit

Sold that and about 3-4 years later came across a 72 and that was just a solid 20 footer. I never did anything to it and it really just stayed in a storage unit I think I owned it about 6 years and a friend of a friend wanted to grab a beer and talk about it. We wound up going to look at it and he made me an offer and countered with three different offers until I was like sweet yea take it as it was more of a burden with insurance and storage fees.

What year you have?
Mine are all Fullsize. I'm too poor to afford the 66-77 ones lol.

Hey dudes. I’m on a quest to become self sufficient for the most part. I have acreage, an orchard, fields for produce, chickens, sheep, 2 cows and 1 hog. Plus a badass hound/Rottweiler mix that runs security on the property. My goal is to eventually become self reliant. I live in a region where I can grow almost anything. I want to eventually not need to leave my property for months at a time if needed.

I have killer sheep milk and homemade honey for micronutrients. I’m interested in seeing how you other folks are doing the livestock and crops. I’m an active male in the prime of my life and I’m trying to use this time wisely. I’m concerned about what is coming for mainstream folks in the coming years and want to have a viable living plan when the shit hits the fan.

I guess I’m just wondering if there’s others on this forum doing the same thing as me. And if so, I’m hoping we can discuss different aspects of off grid living. It’s one thing to survive when things get wonky. I intend to thrive and with a ton of extra muscle lol. Anyone else into homesteading and stuff?
I have some land and some chickens , I have a pin we use to feed out hogs we catch when needed as well as access to hundreds of thousands of acres of swamp , marsh and river systems to hunt , fish and trap. I have a natural gas gen for the house as well as a couple gasoline units if the power goes out and looking to invest in solar panels because electricity is higher than giraffe pussy now. We have small garden for tomatoes and peppers but could triple it’s size if needed , three fig trees and 4 satsuma trees , I’m very fortunate to have a free flow artesian well.
i have a shit ton of guns and ammo but I’m pretty realistic on having, or being able to use it. In a post apocalyptic situation I’ll probably be using a suppressed 22 LR more than anything.
while a good dog , or even 10 are good security they are easily “bypassed” if needed , peacocks and guinea hens are actually incredibly good alarm bells

I have some land and some chickens , I have a pin we use to feed out hogs we catch when needed as well as access to hundreds of thousands of acres of swamp , marsh and river systems to hunt , fish and trap. I have a natural gas gen for the house as well as a couple gasoline units if the power goes out and looking to invest in solar panels because electricity is higher than giraffe pussy now. We have small garden for tomatoes and peppers but could triple it’s size if needed , three fig trees and 4 satsuma trees , I’m very fortunate to have a free flow artesian well.
i have a shit ton of guns and ammo but I’m pretty realistic on having, or being able to use it. In a post apocalyptic situation I’ll probably be using a suppressed 22 LR more than anything.
while a good dog , or even 10 are good security they are easily “bypassed” if needed , peacocks and guinea hens are actually incredibly good alarm bells
That’s good living and I bet I have a general idea of your whereabouts. I want to build a new cabin next year and want to have solar as a fully capable backup. I also have a natural spring that comes up under a giant rock. I have not tapped into it yet but I’m concerned that the gallons per minute it flows is right at the threshold where it’s useable to pump it up uphill to the new cabin. It’s about 100 yards higher in elevation from where the spring comes out of the ground and according to the research I’ve done it’s going to be close as to wether I can use it as my main water source. It’s delicious and crazy cold water though. The surrounding properties that extend about 6-8 miles used to get their water from my property like many years ago. Many of the pipes they had tapped into my well are still visible on the rugged mountain terrain.

one thing that surprised me about trying to do all this was just how expensive it is to get started. I imagine it becomes a much cheaper way to live once you get everything established but it’s costing a small fortune to get up and running. I’m sure my lack of country boy skills plays a role in that. I’m a beast with a shovel or on some earth moving equipment but everything else is really challenging for me.

My father grew up plowing his fields with horses, canning their own food, slaughtering all their meat, hunting, pumping water from a well. ect. Thinking about how to live that self sufficient life now that i am past my prime years just makes me tired and glad i don't have to put in all those hours of work a day.

Yep Guineas are annoying asf lol. I'm getting some as soon as my fence is up.

Mine are all Fullsize. I'm too poor to afford the 66-77 ones lol.
Shit man I like those.too! I bought my 69 for.3k.....lol hard to believe but that was 30 years ago. Like wtf have I been doing for.the last 30 years.

My father grew up plowing his fields with horses, canning their own food, slaughtering all their meat, hunting, pumping water from a well. ect. Thinking about how to live that self sufficient life now that i am past my prime years just makes me tired and glad i don't have to put in all those hours of work a day.
See, that is the kind of hard work I enjoy. It’s so fulfilling. Just being so in touch with the land is so good for our mind, body and soul. I think that’s the good life. For me at least.

It's hard. Gotta be a electrician, plumber, carpenter, farmer, all in 1. And more. Good luck brother. I have 10 acres and its definitely not easy, but I am by no means self sufficient, just love the landscape.

See, that is the kind of hard work I enjoy. It’s so fulfilling. Just being so in touch with the land is so good for our mind, body and soul. I think that’s the good life. For me at least.
Will you still like it at age 50, 60 or 70+? While my father still liked projects up till he died breaking his back and sweating all day long every day was not his cup of tea. In olden times that is when you turned the work over to your sons to run things and support you while you sit on the porch. But if you like it go for it. Just make a plan for those years as well or you could find yourself hungry is my suggestion.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131