over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The self sufficient/self reliant thread

My family is catholic..it is lent..my wife and I cannot have meat today..went outside this morning and picked the 8 biggest eggs I could find and made egg fried rice for breakfast, made shrimp Marsala for lunch, and fried flounder for dinner..every protein I used was harvested by myself..half the vegetables in the fried rice were harvested by me as well..but I fucken refuse to grow mushrooms

Will you still like it at age 50, 60 or 70+? While my father still liked projects up till he died breaking his back and sweating all day long every day was not his cup of tea. In olden times that is when you turned the work over to your sons to run things and support you while you sit on the porch. But if you like it go for it. Just make a plan for those years as well or you could find yourself hungry is my suggestion.
Listen, I get where you are coming from..and I can’t speak for everyone, just myself. But, the day I stop working is the day I start falling apart.

I come from a long line of veterans who turned entrepreneurs..I don’t know how to live if it isn’t through direct purpose..I will never be able to stop working. I just do NOT have what it takes

You’ve gotta get yourself a nice small town Texan girl man…

But like normal size, not this modern “husky” size.
Shit man, I did that..she’s a damn nightmare too! Lol

She gave me my kids and makes good money though..so, I’m keeping her around

Will you still like it at age 50, 60 or 70+? While my father still liked projects up till he died breaking his back and sweating all day long every day was not his cup of tea. In olden times that is when you turned the work over to your sons to run things and support you while you sit on the porch. But if you like it go for it. Just make a plan for those years as well or you could find yourself hungry is my suggestion.
I hear ya. I dropped a ton of weight, muscle included, on purpose last couple years for exactly what you’re talking about. The smaller, leaner version of me is far more equipped to handle the rigors of aging while continuing to work my ass off physically. Plus I looked silly a hair under 5’8” and 225. I was literally (almost) as wide as I was tall and it was becoming an issue in my 40s while trying to labor all day outside carrying all that beef.

I look and feel so much better around 190 lbs. Plus it’s so much better for heart and joints. But yes, I do believe I will still enjoy this lifestyle at 60 and beyond. Just need to be smart about my body so I’m capable of doing it.

I hear ya. I dropped a ton of weight, muscle included, on purpose last couple years for exactly what you’re talking about. The smaller, leaner version of me is far more equipped to handle the rigors of aging while continuing to work my ass off physically. Plus I looked silly a hair under 5’8” and 225. I was literally (almost) as wide as I was tall and it was becoming an issue in my 40s while trying to labor all day outside carrying all that beef.

I look and feel so much better around 190 lbs. Plus it’s so much better for heart and joints. But yes, I do believe I will still enjoy this lifestyle at 60 and beyond. Just need to be smart about my body so I’m capable of doing it.
I am keeping all the hard ass muscle i built as long as i can. Really doesn't impact my daily work at all never had to bust my ass all day long day after day doing manual work. Early in life i decided that was not my thing. The extra muscle may slow me down some climbing a mountain. But the 24 year old great niece and her fiance i have been climbing with are not getting to the top ahead of me and when we scramble through the hills mushroom hunting we stop when they say they are starting to get tired. But that extra muscle in the gym is more ego gratifying. I dropped muscle but not on purpose i am down to the low 190's these days at 5'6" and am 64. I would go back to a ripped 220 if i could but sarcopenia is a real thing.

I am keeping all the hard ass muscle i built as long as i can. Really doesn't impact my daily work at all never had to bust my ass all day long day after day doing manual work. Early in life i decided that was not my thing. The extra muscle may slow me down some climbing a mountain. But the 24 year old great niece and her fiance i have been climbing with are not getting to the top ahead of me and when we scramble through the hills mushroom hunting we stop when they say they are starting to get tired. But that extra muscle in the gym is more ego gratifying. I dropped muscle but not on purpose i am down to the low 190's these days at 5'6" and am 64. I would go back to a ripped 220 if i could but sarcopenia is a real thing.
yea dude I had rhabdo and lost a ton of muscle. And I think my muscle memory forgot about the shit too. Its funny how people treat you are going from having muscle to looking like total shit to no muscle at all. Thats not to say I haven't gained any back. I heard this in some navy seal movie and it was his dad talking about dealing with people when they no longer think you are dangerous. That shit is very real

yea dude I had rhabdo and lost a ton of muscle. And I think my muscle memory forgot about the shit too. Its funny how people treat you are going from having muscle to looking like total shit to no muscle at all. Thats not to say I haven't gained any back. I heard this in some navy seal movie and it was his dad talking about dealing with people when they no longer think you are dangerous. That shit is very real
What i have told people for years is once you lose the intimidation factor then you have to fall back on crazy ass bastard. Which can be hard to pull off without a reputation for sporadic insanity. It is not unusual for guys in the gym to timidly ask me if i am also using the machine beside the one i am on. So i guess i have not lost it. Unless i have a rep i don't know about!

What i have told people for years is once you lose the intimidation factor then you have to fall back on crazy ass bastard. Which can be hard to pull off without a reputation for sporadic insanity. It is not unusual for guys in the gym to timidly ask me if i am also using the machine beside the one i am on. So i guess i have not lost it. Unless i have a rep i don't know about!
I can pull off crazy bastard pretty easily lol

Late to the thread, but I’m currently on the “garden and guns” level of prep.

A couple thousand rounds of ammo in multiple calibers to pull down anything from varmints to venison, plus enough garden space to grow my own veggies.

I also have enough non-perishable food to last 6 months, so there’s that.

Wood burning grill so I can boil water for sterilization after I run it through my filter system too.

Late to the thread, but I’m currently on the “garden and guns” level of prep.

A couple thousand rounds of ammo in multiple calibers to pull down anything from varmints to venison, plus enough garden space to grow my own veggies.

I also have enough non-perishable food to last 6 months, so there’s that.

Wood burning grill so I can boil water for sterilization after I run it through my filter system too.
I figure if needed i can use my AK's and AR's to deprive those that have not planned well for what i need!

Hey dudes. I’m on a quest to become self sufficient for the most part. My goal is to eventually become self reliant.
I'm gonna send you down a worm hole Poonami...YouTube Canadian Prepper.

I figure if needed i can use my AK's and AR's to deprive those that have not planned well for what i need!
Lol that too. And I already know I can bag deer with my AR, so I have that base covered. 300 blackout too lol.

Tbh I just want to grab an old Mosin so I have a reliable, simple bolt action. I love shooting those. I don’t want everything to be on an AR platform, regardless of caliber.

Lol that too. And I already know I can bag deer with my AR, so I have that base covered. 300 blackout too lol.

Tbh I just want to grab an old Mosin so I have a reliable, simple bolt action. I love shooting those. I don’t want everything to be on an AR platform, regardless of caliber.
I have bolts in .22 and 30-06. As well as .44 lever action. Not to mention the shotguns for close or far work. My 2 gun safes have a fair selection. And i won't even get into my reloader with pounds of powder and 10's of thousands of primers and buckets of brass! Just in case my thousands of purchased rounds get used up. The financial groups i am in always push gold investing for when the government collapses. And i keep telling them lead is a more valued commodity!

I have bolts in .22 and 30-06. As well as .44 lever action. Not to mention the shotguns for close or far work. My 2 gun safes have a fair selection. And i won't even get into my reloader with pounds of powder and 10's of thousands of primers and buckets of brass! Just in case my thousands of purchased rounds get used up. The financial groups i am in always push gold investing for when the government collapses. And i keep telling them lead is a more valued commodity!
If that ever came true that would totally suck!

My family is catholic..it is lent..my wife and I cannot have meat today..went outside this morning and picked the 8 biggest eggs I could find and made egg fried rice for breakfast, made shrimp Marsala for lunch, and fried flounder for dinner..every protein I used was harvested by myself..half the vegetables in the fried rice were harvested by me as well..but I fucken refuse to grow mushrooms
mycology is a passion of mine. with new teks, its way easier than ever. no more monotubs etc, less chance of contamination. more aggressive colonization possibilities. liquid cultures and spores are readily available. my field is psilocybin @LK3 knows a thing or two also

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ryan.veneficus
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131