post tear

Attachments

• _W5Q0126_AFVZUYGJCM.jpg
    _W5Q0126_AFVZUYGJCM.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 481
  • _W5Q0146_BBLWPPTGSG.jpg
    _W5Q0146_BBLWPPTGSG.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 838
WOW that is an amazing difference. Its a life, career, and financial changing ordeal!!! By looking at the mass he already had in his chest, it doesnt look like he needed to take the risk of benching.

A pic of the tear in the video:

Attachments

• MaruiceGUida.jpg
    MaruiceGUida.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 511
i dont understand how this happend. its so unfortunate. 315 isn't light weight but it isnt very heavy either.

You could say this about any damn exercise. Deadlifts hurt people's backs. Squats hurt people's backs and knees. Hip problems, etc ... military presses cause impingement ... blah blah blah

I'm sorry but injury is multifaceted. Don't blame the exercise, blame the application!

This is true. That's why I do neck presses. Pulls the pecs out and isolates them.

i bench with my elbows completely in. basically powerlifter form with arch and all. when i bench my main focus is to beef up my triceps and shoulders.
do you think this form will put me at less risk of tearing my pec?

Looks ike Crump´s left pec already had something ghoing on... could be a minor tear or a genetic imbalanse or somthing...

Was definitely sad to see Shawn tear his peck! And so bad at that, but he was playing a game he shouldn't have(IMO).. trying to be bigger. I was in a show with him some years back and he was VERY good as a middle weight. Then, he won the NC as a light heavy and looked amazing. When I heard about him going up to heavy weight I could only shake my head.

Never the less, he's an amazing bb

After watching the video I've got to agree with those who were complaining about the half rep thing.

There's a guy in my gym that could wipe the floor with all of these guys, I've seen him rep 10 with 405 easily and he's not near as big as Ben or Guida.

I´m watching the thing again... damn maurice´s head was red as hell...Ben had the best form, elbows tucked in, no bounce and full lockout every rep (no question about it, he didn´t stop at the top but the reps were full)

Last edited:
looks like a jacked up Deniro......with a torn pec

thats not a happy camper guys

:cool:

A couple things that helped me to do all kind of presses pain free
1.-Shoulder stretch to keep those shoulders flexible and healthy
**broken link removed**
2.- Bicep stretch and foam roller. Bis are the weakest link in a press, stretch them hard, foam roll them and don´t forget to warm them up before pressing, that will reduce the posibilities of tearing a bicep training chest
3.-scapula stretches to release all the tension you put there while pressing. Doing it after a pressing workout takes away a lot of the shoulder pain.
4.-Straight arm push ups, like the previous one, it keeps my scapulas and shoulders in check
5.-I do the usual DC stretches to all my bodyparts

I´m not an expert or a trainer, these are just things that I saw and readed about in the webb that I´ve tried and stick to. These improved my ROM painless

Anyone this classic line from Tommy Boy: "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it."

I tend to be someone that has to learn things for myself rather than listen to others. Often, and not suprisingly, this equates to learning the lesson the hard way. For better or worse, that's my nature. I think what makes these warnings so hard is that nobody thinks something bad is going to happen to them until it does.

I have never really liked the bench press myself though, so that is one warning I have listened to. When I have done it, I have not had any issues with my pec, but my shoulder always hurts after (I'm sure my form isn't great). I got a slight tear in my posterior labrum last March and since then have avoided it entirely.

I have a question for Dante or Shelby or whoever else has an opinion. Do you think the bench press is dangerous for people of all strength levels, or just as people start pressing huge weights? I only ask because in the gyms I lift in, I see a ton of people using horrendous form on their presses, bouncing the weights, not using collars and having the weights fall off, tons of forced reps, etc, but I never see anyone get hurt. Thing is, most of these guys are using 65-155 pounds. Would you discourage everyone from benching, or just as guys get stronger? It seems to me that if it isn't a great chest exercise anyway, might as well play it safe and skip it, but I'm a bit curious about how you guys feel about the bench for weaker lifters?

That sir, is an opinion not a fact.
So was this from Dante: "but for every 1 quad tear, or bicep tear there is a 1000 pec tears." Along with almost everything else in this thread.

Perhaps your statement would be accurate if you started it with the word 'Often' rather than wording it to imply that ego and technique are always the cause of injuries when benching.
I do agree with you here. I also could have added stupidity to the list of reasons after looking at some of the kids benching in my gym today.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws