over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anyone use IP6, is it worth it?

What are the benefits of taking this before a workout?

What are the benefits of taking this before a workout?

Increases the hemoglobin oxygen transportation capacity. If you planing to use creatine before training with the IP6 than take only 100mg creatine.

So possible increase in endurance I may notice maybe? Again I'd be doing 500mg

Yes, 500mg OK, is not over doze. Disturbances in the calcium metabolism can be observed after prolonged administration of high doses of IP6, so the intake of calcium-rich foods is recommended during treatment.

Yes, 500mg OK, is not over doze. Disturbances in the calcium metabolism can be observed after prolonged administration of high doses of IP6, so the intake of calcium-rich foods is recommended during treatment.

In theory, unbound phytic acid can bind up more than just calcium. I haven't read much of the research, but don't you think that other mineral imbalances can occur? This can even happen when eating bound phytates from food like nuts and whole grains, though that's less likely to be an issue.

I've seen some conflicting opinions about whether IP6 in bound food form or unbound supplemented form is more beneficial.

what do you consider prolonged/high doses?

In theory, unbound phytic acid can bind up more than just calcium. I haven't read much of the research, but don't you think that other mineral imbalances can occur? This can even happen when eating bound phytates from food like nuts and whole grains, though that's less likely to be an issue.

I've seen some conflicting opinions about whether IP6 in bound food form or unbound supplemented form is more beneficial.

Here a good read.

PHARAMACOLOGY AND ACTION

Inositol hexaphosphoric acid (phytic acid, INN Fytine acid Roempps Chemie Lexicon, 1983) serves as a phosphate depot in the body and is broken down by phytase to myo-inositol. The human body contains about 40 g of myo-inositol. It also plays the role of a growth factor and is identical in action to the formerly designated as "bios I" factor, necessary for optimal growth. Based on its mode of action, myo-inositol can be classified to the vitamin complex of ht B-group (Roempps Chemie Lexicon, 1983). In the body, myo-inositol can be synthesized from glucose-6-phosphate, but human requirements are chiefly covered through consumption of fruit and cereals, where it occurs in the form of inositol-hexaphosphate (phytic acid).

By competitive chelate formation phytic acid participates in the process of intestinal absorption of calcium, magnesium and iron ions. The formation of insoluble chelate complexes of phytic acid accounts for some of its extremely important properties, such as its anticancer and antiviral activity.

Myo-inositol increases the oxygen transporting capacity of hemoglobin in red blood cells, improves and regulates cellular metabolism, especially in conditions of phosphorus deficiency in the body, stimulates hemopoiesis and bone tissue formation, and improves the tone of the nervous system.

The overall complex effect of Phytin is expressed in a general tonic action which, combined with its involvement in the regulatory metabolic processes, improves the intensity and stability of attention, increases performance and work capacity, removes the feeling of fatigue, and stimulates the organism's defenses through yet not entirely clear mechanisms (Torre et al., 1991).

Phytin as a food supplement is very good for prophylaxis in conditions of physical and mental strain, and for increasing general endurance during active exercise and sports. Phytin can also be included in the complex therapy of such conditions of the nervous system that are associated with phosphorous deficiency. For bone diseases, in combination with calcium preparations, it can be used rickets, osteomalacia, and bone fractures. In combination with iron preparations, it can be used for anemia in adults and children. It is recommended for insomnia and loss of appetite, either alone or in combination with various prescription drugs.

The inhibitory effect of phytic acid on the proliferation of human immune deficiency viruses (HIV), implicated as causative agents of the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), has been tested in vitro by Japanese scientists (Otaka et al., 1989). They found that phytic acid, at a concentration of 1.67 mg/ml, inhibits the cytotoxic effect of the immune deficiency virus and the specific antigenic reaction in the effected cells.

Several studies (Nicoletti F. et al. 1989) have demonstrated an increase of calcium ion influx in cerebellar neurons. They provide evidence for a direct activating effect of phytic acid and its salts on the functional activity of the central nervous system. These data are further confirmed by other authors, who established an important role of phytic acid in the regulation of cell metabolism.

Various studies (Shamsuddin A. M. et al., 1989; Ullah A. et al. 1990) in recent years investigated the anticancer effect of phytic acid and its salts. Interesting results were obtained on experimental intestinal tumors in mice and rats. The antineoplastic effect was tested in physiologic pH. The reported anticancer activity in test animals, expressed in significant tumor reduction, suggests a likely prophylactic use for phytic acid and its salts in humans who are predisposed to intestinal and pancreatic tumors.

Repeated dose administration of Phytin has revealed no changes in the body mass and electrolytic balance, and no signs of toxicity in the test animals, even at higher doses.

The inclusion of inositol-hexaphosphate (InsP6 or IP6) as an active ingredient of fiber-rich diets is being discussed in literature. The anti-carcinogenic activity of inositol-hexaphosphate has been confirmed on in vitro and in vivo models (Shamsuddin A. M. 1996). The investigation of Graf (1993) on the inhibitory effect of phytic acid containing dietetic foods also corroborated that activity.

According to most recent studies of phytic acid as a major component of cereal grains and beans is considered an important antioxidant and is increasingly used in various therapeutic diets for its protective effect on cancer of the colon and rectum (Owen R.W. et al. 1996). Rao P.S. et al (1991) studied the antioxidation properties of phytic acid at oral doses of up to 15 mg/100g body mass in rats for its protective effect on ischemic heart disease and found improved perfusion in the ischemic myocardial region.

Here a good read.

PHARAMACOLOGY AND ACTION

Inositol hexaphosphoric acid (phytic acid, INN Fytine acid Roempps Chemie Lexicon, 1983) serves as a phosphate depot in the body and is broken down by phytase to myo-inositol. The human body contains about 40 g of myo-inositol. It also plays the role of a growth factor and is identical in action to the formerly designated as "bios I" factor, necessary for optimal growth. Based on its mode of action, myo-inositol can be classified to the vitamin complex of ht B-group (Roempps Chemie Lexicon, 1983). In the body, myo-inositol can be synthesized from glucose-6-phosphate, but human requirements are chiefly covered through consumption of fruit and cereals, where it occurs in the form of inositol-hexaphosphate (phytic acid).

By competitive chelate formation phytic acid participates in the process of intestinal absorption of calcium, magnesium and iron ions. The formation of insoluble chelate complexes of phytic acid accounts for some of its extremely important properties, such as its anticancer and antiviral activity.

Myo-inositol increases the oxygen transporting capacity of hemoglobin in red blood cells, improves and regulates cellular metabolism, especially in conditions of phosphorus deficiency in the body, stimulates hemopoiesis and bone tissue formation, and improves the tone of the nervous system.

The overall complex effect of Phytin is expressed in a general tonic action which, combined with its involvement in the regulatory metabolic processes, improves the intensity and stability of attention, increases performance and work capacity, removes the feeling of fatigue, and stimulates the organism's defenses through yet not entirely clear mechanisms (Torre et al., 1991).

Phytin as a food supplement is very good for prophylaxis in conditions of physical and mental strain, and for increasing general endurance during active exercise and sports. Phytin can also be included in the complex therapy of such conditions of the nervous system that are associated with phosphorous deficiency. For bone diseases, in combination with calcium preparations, it can be used rickets, osteomalacia, and bone fractures. In combination with iron preparations, it can be used for anemia in adults and children. It is recommended for insomnia and loss of appetite, either alone or in combination with various prescription drugs.

The inhibitory effect of phytic acid on the proliferation of human immune deficiency viruses (HIV), implicated as causative agents of the acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), has been tested in vitro by Japanese scientists (Otaka et al., 1989). They found that phytic acid, at a concentration of 1.67 mg/ml, inhibits the cytotoxic effect of the immune deficiency virus and the specific antigenic reaction in the effected cells.

Several studies (Nicoletti F. et al. 1989) have demonstrated an increase of calcium ion influx in cerebellar neurons. They provide evidence for a direct activating effect of phytic acid and its salts on the functional activity of the central nervous system. These data are further confirmed by other authors, who established an important role of phytic acid in the regulation of cell metabolism.

Various studies (Shamsuddin A. M. et al., 1989; Ullah A. et al. 1990) in recent years investigated the anticancer effect of phytic acid and its salts. Interesting results were obtained on experimental intestinal tumors in mice and rats. The antineoplastic effect was tested in physiologic pH. The reported anticancer activity in test animals, expressed in significant tumor reduction, suggests a likely prophylactic use for phytic acid and its salts in humans who are predisposed to intestinal and pancreatic tumors.

Repeated dose administration of Phytin has revealed no changes in the body mass and electrolytic balance, and no signs of toxicity in the test animals, even at higher doses.

The inclusion of inositol-hexaphosphate (InsP6 or IP6) as an active ingredient of fiber-rich diets is being discussed in literature. The anti-carcinogenic activity of inositol-hexaphosphate has been confirmed on in vitro and in vivo models (Shamsuddin A. M. 1996). The investigation of Graf (1993) on the inhibitory effect of phytic acid containing dietetic foods also corroborated that activity.

According to most recent studies of phytic acid as a major component of cereal grains and beans is considered an important antioxidant and is increasingly used in various therapeutic diets for its protective effect on cancer of the colon and rectum (Owen R.W. et al. 1996). Rao P.S. et al (1991) studied the antioxidation properties of phytic acid at oral doses of up to 15 mg/100g body mass in rats for its protective effect on ischemic heart disease and found improved perfusion in the ischemic myocardial region.

Thanks! I'm not sure this really draws direct attention to the differences between phytic acid in food and unbound phytic acid in supplement form.

Without being as well read as you on IP6, the thought process I've come across was that IP6 form food is bound to minerals, and since IP6 has a higher affinity for toxins and heavy metals than things like mag/calcium that it would release the minerals in the food, bind to the heavy metals or toxins and then help pull those out of the body. This same thought process which is held by several nutritionists I've read material from (PhDs) leads them to believe that IP6 in supplement form may have a higher tendency to bind up minerals and prevent their absorption. Seems logical, but speculative.

1000mg per day.
over what say a year?
Thanks! I'm not sure this really draws direct attention to the differences between phytic acid in food and unbound phytic acid in supplement form.

Without being as well read as you on IP6, the thought process I've come across was that IP6 form food is bound to minerals, and since IP6 has a higher affinity for toxins and heavy metals than things like mag/calcium that it would release the minerals in the food, bind to the heavy metals or toxins and then help pull those out of the body. This same thought process which is held by several nutritionists I've read material from (PhDs) leads them to believe that IP6 in supplement form may have a higher tendency to bind up minerals and prevent their absorption. Seems logical, but speculative.

this is where the iron chelating that ip6 is known for comes into play i guess:lightbulb:

It doze, but it helps the absorption, in the Bulgarian studies it show that if your iron is to low and you take iron supplements it will help to absorb the iron, it can regulate some minerals in the body, it regulates cell metabolisim, especially in phosphorus deficiency-related conditions in humans.
Also IP6 it can supply both the phosphate groups and the necessary calcium ions for enzymatic reaction favorable to the production of testosterone.

Increases the hemoglobin oxygen transportation capacity. If you planing to use creatine before training with the IP6 than take only 100mg creatine.

how will this benefit me? i thought maybe increased endurance perhaps...:confused:

how will this benefit me? i thought maybe increased endurance perhaps...:confused:

It will increase oxygen level in the blood and will help with the carbon dioxide washout.

As exercise continues at high intensity, the body's acidity level can only be maintained (or its increase constrained) if the carbon dioxide-related component of the acidity is reduced. The body therefore ‘compensates’ by increasing ventilation proportionally more relative to carbon dioxide production. This reduces alveolar and arterial carbon dioxide levels as a result of the increased carbon dioxide washout. Clearly, the greater the amount of carbon dioxide ‘washed out’ under these conditions, the less will be the increase in acidity for any given level of lactic acid production.

Thanks E, very detailed as always

Emeric is IP6 safe to take with CKD? I know some use to prevent Kidney stones etc but how about safety for Kidneys

I like it pre-bed for neurotransmitter health, Charles Poliquin had an article on it (inositol), I sleep better and apparently according to Charles it balances neurotransmitters, all I know is I feel better.

I like it pre-bed for neurotransmitter health, Charles Poliquin had an article on it (inositol), I sleep better and apparently according to Charles it balances neurotransmitters, all I know is I feel better.

what dose you taking it pre-bed bro?

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01