appetite falls off - solutions?

Cabron

Registered
Newbies
summary

-5'10
-31 years old
-desk job
-training is P/P/L focusing primarily on mechanical overload in the 6-10 rep range
-get up to 250-260 with visible abs
-appetite falls off a cliff once i reach this weight

**gear: test, deca, mk677 (for appetite)

**current strategy: eat in caloric surplus for 4 weeks, pull back calories hard for 1 week to restore appetite/insulin senstivity, and repeat.

is there anything that i can do in order to keep my appetite from falling off of a cliff once i reach a certain bodyweight - aside from more appetite-increasing drugs?

i have been making very solid gains, and would like to keep gaining without having to employ these mini cuts.

if there is a way i could go 6-8 weeks between each mini cut, that would make a big difference.

considering:
-a scoop of fiber with every meal
-10 to 15 minutes of cardio after every workout
-digestive enzymes

thoughts?

what do your macros look like? if you're eating a diet heavier in protein and fats, your digestion will be a bit slower and you'll feel full for much longer. maybe try a higher carb, lower fat approach? I can't even stay full if I'm eating chicken and rice, whereas if it's steak and eggs, I can be fully satisfied practically all day

what's the reason for the fiber, gastric emptying to make more room? I think it's likely that you'll just feel more bloated and full. if you're having regular, healthy shits, I don't think the fiber will do you much good in terms of what you'd be using it for. cardio can definitely increase hunger and often in a way where you'll want to eat more calories than you just burned, so I think you're on the right track with that...

i dunno what your vices are, but drugs like caffeine, nicotine and even alcohol can kill hunger, so you may want to consider letting up on those a little if they apply to you

summary

-5'10
-31 years old
-desk job
-training is P/P/L focusing primarily on mechanical overload in the 6-10 rep range

**current strategy: eat in caloric surplus for 4 weeks, pull back calories hard for 1 week to restore appetite/insulin senstivity, and repeat.

is there anything that i can do in order to keep my appetite from falling off of a cliff once i reach a certain bodyweight - aside from more appetite-increasing drugs?

i have been making very solid gains, and would like to keep gaining without having to employ these mini cuts.

if there is a way i could go 6-8 weeks between each mini cut, that would make a big difference.

considering:
-digestive enzymes

thoughts?
Get stoned. Does it every time for me.

summary

-5'10
-31 years old
-desk job

considering:
-digestive enzymes

thoughts?

In my mind, the cardio and digestive enzymes are a given, you should be doing those already. Also betaine hcl

I’m against mk because of the water gain, subsequent bp increase, and the fact that over time it made my stomach feel bloated AF after eating ANYTHING and therefore i wouldn’t feel like eating much.

You may just need to force feed at times. When i need to do this i set out the meal and eat it as fast as i can just to get it the hell over with, like its a timed event

ty bros

just ordered some digestive enzymes and betaine HCL off of amazon. i will be taking them with each meal.

also going to do cardio post workout on each training day (let's see how long i stick with that lol). after long bouts of cardio (sometimes 2 hours a day working with some coaches), i dont imagine 15-20 minutes will seem like much. wish i could get an elliptical in my apartment - but i live on the second floor.

i believe i heard Guy Cisternino mention on Fouad's podcast that he takes a shake with lots of fiber before he goes to bed. i think i will do that as well so i can start my mornings off right.

i dont drink coffee, so i dont get the intestinal motility benefit from that - that most adults enjoy

What does a day of eating look like for you?

ty bros

just ordered some digestive enzymes and betaine HCL off of amazon. i will be taking them with each meal.

also going to do cardio post workout on each training day (let's see how long i stick with that lol). after long bouts of cardio (sometimes 2 hours a day working with some coaches), i dont imagine 15-20 minutes will seem like much. wish i could get an elliptical in my apartment - but i live on the second floor.

i believe i heard Guy Cisternino mention on Fouad's podcast that he takes a shake with lots of fiber before he goes to bed. i think i will do that as well so i can start my mornings off right.

i dont drink coffee, so i dont get the intestinal motility benefit from that - that most adults enjoy
I use a magnesium citrate capsule pre bed. I go like clockwork as soon as I wake up

What does a day of eating look like for you?

protein sources: lean meat, eggs, whey

fat sources: eggs, cheese, EVOO

carb sources: pasta, rice, beans, bagels

average about 400g protein, 350g, carbs, 100g fats per day

protein sources: lean meat, eggs, whey

fat sources: eggs, cheese, EVOO

carb sources: pasta, rice, beans, bagels

average about 400g protein, 350g, carbs, 100g fats per day
Pasta and beans would definitely account for some of it. Pretty hard to digest in large quantities. Might want to think about making white rice on of your main carb sources. And 400 grams of protein is VERY satiating. Might want to bring it down to 300 and up the carbs to equal your macros out and see what happens

Only 1 capsule?
It calls for 2, but two gives me loose stools in the morning. 1 sets me up pretty good. I do have sensitive bowels though so your experience might be different

ty bros

Instead of doing cardio, try taking a walk fir ten minutes after 2-3 of your daily meals. It totals up to 30 minutes still, but you don’t have to just walk for 30 minutes. Plus, the repeated bout effect comes into effect and has more overall benefit. But best if all…..I find when I do this I burp up any air I sealed while eating, and I process food much much better

In my mind, the cardio and digestive enzymes are a given, you should be doing those already. Also betaine hcl

I’m against mk because of the water gain, subsequent bp increase, and the fact that over time it made my stomach feel bloated AF after eating ANYTHING and therefore i wouldn’t feel like eating much.

You may just need to force feed at times. When i need to do this i set out the meal and eat it as fast as i can just to get it the hell over with, like its a timed event
The only reason I weigh my food is so I make sure I eat enough of it. If I eyeball it…I won’t serve myself as much as I need to eat

You're having trouble eating 3400 calories a day???
This

I'd echo what heavy hitter said, change your food sources to stuff that digests well.

Red meat, add in whole eggs, yogurt bananas Your eating egg whites and whey and chicken breasts no wonder your full.

You need to eat foods that are calorie dense and go down easy not bulky low calorie food. I'm 190 3500 maintain my weight so at your size your not eating much.

Better food choices before pills and peptides. You shouldn't need fiber and enzymes imo to eat 3900 calories, if you need all that to down 3900 then what will you do when you need to eat 5000?

He didn't say he was having trouble eating the calories. He said his appetite drops off after growing for a few weeks, which is a sign something is off in his body. He's already identified a correct work around, going on mini-cuts to resensitize insulin.

When insulin resistance occurs through diet like a bulking diet could cause, then insulin levels INCREASE in the body which sends an anorexigenic signal to the brain, signaling satiety which can DRASTICALLY reduce appetite.

OP, what is your fasted glucose levels and do you know pre/post meal glucose levels through the day, particularly once your appetite has crashed while growing?

I would say stop taking the MK. It does increase appetite by increasing ghrelin but it also can cause MASSIVE insulin resistance which is probably the source of your issue. Instead of using MK for appetite, maintain great insulin sensitivity and use your training to drive appetite.

rough estimate. some days are quite a bit more. but not everyday by any means.

after several weeks of eating that amount or more every day, my appetite falls off quite a bit

luckily, im not one of those guys who has to eat a ton in order to gain weight

This

I'd echo what heavy hitter said, change your food sources to stuff that digests well.

Red meat, add in whole eggs, yogurt bananas Your eating egg whites and whey and chicken breasts no wonder your full.

You need to eat foods that are calorie dense and go down easy not bulky low calorie food. I'm 190 3500 maintain my weight so at your size your not eating much.

Better food choices before pills and peptides. You shouldn't need fiber and enzymes imo to eat 3900 calories, if you need all that to down 3900 then what will you do when you need to eat 5000?
Egg whites are also very difficult to digest without the egg yolks and can lead to stomach upset over time

OP, what is your fasted glucose levels and do you know pre/post meal glucose levels through the day, particularly once your appetite has crashed while growing?

I would say stop taking the MK. It does increase appetite by increasing ghrelin but it also can cause MASSIVE insulin resistance which is probably the source of your issue. Instead of using MK for appetite, maintain great insulin sensitivity and use your training to drive appetite.

an interesting thought. i should find this out since i have a glucometer around here somewhere

rough estimate. some days are quite a bit more. but not everyday by any means.

after several weeks of eating that amount or more every day, my appetite falls off quite a bit

luckily, im not one of those guys who has to eat a ton in order to gain weight
Okay. Let's say 4,000 calories. At 5'10, 250-260 with abs you're a pretty big boy. You weigh 10lbs more than me and I'm taller than you. So you start losing your appetite and begin to lose weight or maintain weight? And this P/P/L split you're doing, what kind of volume? And when you're not in the gym, are you active or more sedentary?

Some good suggestions here to start with. Caffeine is an appetite suppressant so unless it's before AM cardio or the gym, I wouldn't worry too much about it. What's your target weight? Dig out that BGM. How's your thyroid? Do you have recent bloodwork? Most of the people in this thread have seen a lot and rather than throwing darts, we should start with some basic numbers and have a better idea what direction to point you in, right?

There's some pretty sharp dudes here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner