over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BEAST's 2012 offseason and contest log.

Logs looking good bro and definitely looking forward to the vids.

hey wilder if your carb intolerant try some ALA before your carb meals if there over 40 grams take 600mg - 1g watch what it does has been working for me ,,,

hey dude im rack deading 3x bw last w/o 4 reps this workout 5 reps but had to stop after 2 reps to reset because of no grip whats your opinion on haulin hooks as I dont care about grip strength Im just trying to increase the poundages and get the weight up in solid form

hey wilder if your carb intolerant try some ALA before your carb meals if there over 40 grams take 600mg - 1g watch what it does has been working for me ,,,

hey dude im rack deading 3x bw last w/o 4 reps this workout 5 reps but had to stop after 2 reps to reset because of no grip whats your opinion on haulin hooks as I dont care about grip strength Im just trying to increase the poundages and get the weight up in solid form

I have used ALA in the past. I agree it works well. As far as lifting hooks goes... I have tried one version and did not like them. I can't remember what brand they were. I only use regular straps or APT wraps on a regular basis.

BEAST

March 8, 2012 update:

Training:

3/5/12:

Squat
345 x 8
(up from 315x8) *Just started squatting again.

50-rep leg press widowmaker
615 x 56
(up from 585 x 55)

HS SLDL
435 x 6
(up from 405 x 8)

Seated leg curl widowmaker
Extreme stretches

3/6/12:

Nautilus incline press
475 x 15 + 1 NEG
(up from 455 x 17rp)

DB military press
120 x 14rp
(up from 100 x 33rp)

Pushdowns
280 x 19rp
(up from 270 x 21rp)

Extreme stretches
DC side lateral widowmakers
Incline pushup widowmakers

3/7/12:

OFF

3/8/12: tonight

Back, Biceps, Forearms

3/9/12: tonight

VOLUME LEGS

3/10/12:

Chest, shoulders, triceps

3/11/12:

OFF

The workouts have gone really well so far this week. I continued to use the 50-rep leg press widowmakers this week. They're pretty insane. I will likely be keeping them in the plan as a regular part of my leg routine. I should have some video up by Sunday of some of the lifts from this weeks' workouts. I am planning to get some rows from tonights workout, my 50-rep leg press widowmaker, and some pressing from Saturday all on video for you guys... oops I've said too much. :D

Diet:

Everything is going extremely well this week. I ended up eating a few more carbs that I originally planned to yesterday on my OFF day from training. I do not feel that it will negatively impact my overall progress. I have upped the carbs today and tomorrow to help with my heavy back and leg training. I am also switching back to white jasmine rice from the brown rice that I have been eating. I will track any changes that result. I have kept my proteins the same including chicken breast, lean top round steak, cottage cheese, egg whites, and wpi sparingly (maybe 2-3 shakes per week). I have also continued to utilize cottage cheese for half of the protein coming from certain meals, i.e. with 4-6 oz of chicken or steak, especially earlier in the day and when carbs are lower along with before bed for obvious reasons.

Supplements:

No significant changes.

General:

Progress continues moving along at a good steady pace. Thanks for keeping up with my progress and updates guys. I hope you enjoy the videos coming this weekend!

BEAST

Those 50 rep widowmakers will force those bad boys to grow, no other choice for them! :headbang:

Those 50 rep widowmakers will force those bad boys to grow, no other choice for them! :headbang:

No doubt. I could tell within a few days of starting to perform those leg press widowmakers a sick increase in the fullness to my quad sweep. I cannot wait to see what an entire offseason of utilizing them will produce! :lightbulb:

BEAST

A personal matter crept up at the last second last night right before I was about to leave for the gym. I had to push back my workout from yesterday until tonight. I will be accordingly pushing the other workouts to follow back one day each. Back is up tonight, and I am debating whether to go legs tomorrow and chest Sunday or just do two workouts tomorrow (1 for legs and 1 for chest).

I'm excited about the remaining workouts for the week. Depending upon how I finish off the week in regards to the amount of workouts performed and on what days they are performed I may have to re-access the planned routine schedule for next week. I will update on that subject either Sunday or Monday.

Thanks for keeping up guys! :headbang:

BEAST

March 14, 2012 update:

3/12/12 AM WEIGHT: 224 lbs.

3/12/12 PM WEIGHT: 230 lbs.

Training:

3/8/12:

1-arm seated row
305 x 18rp
(up from 280 x 20rp)

BB deadlift
430 x 6
(up from 420 x 6)

DB drag curls
55 x 17rp *got 18 reps, but didn't like the last one.
(up from 50 x 18rp)

1-arm rev cable curls
50 x 18rp
(up from 45 x 18rp)

Rope pull widowmaker
Extreme stretches

3/9/12:

OFF

3/10/12:

Leg extension
4 x 15-30

Lying leg curl
3 x 12-25

1-leg leg press
3 x 12-15

Walking lunges
2 x 50 steps

3/11/12:

OFF

3/12/12:

Smith incline press
355 x 16rp + 1 NEG
(up from 350 x 15rp)

Nautilus military press
375 x 16rp + 3 NEG
(up from 365 x 15rp)

Deadstop skullcrushers
155 x 17rp
(up from 155 x 15rp)

DC side lat widowmakers
Extreme stretches

3/13/12:

OFF / SICK

3/14/12: tonight

Back, Biceps, Forearms

3/15/12:

LEGS

3/16/12:

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

3/17/12:

Back, Biceps, Forearms

3/18/12:

LEGS

The workouts have continued to go really well. I continued to use the 50-rep leg press widowmakers this week. Strength has continued to increase at a good pace. My lower back strength has increased to a much greater degree than I even anticipated. I am pleased with the lack of issues I have had with my lower back this blast. I have also done really well with my shoulder joints. As you will see from the video of my inclines... my range of motion is somewhat abbreviated. This is due to lack of flexibility and AC joint instability. Ever since my grade 3 AC separation I have had to adjust my range of motion to avoid pain and instability.

Diet:

Diet went really well until my OFF day yesterday when I was sick. I don't know what it is mentally about being sick, but I always crave garbage when I feel like crap. I ended up eating a few meals off of the plan. I am tightening things up with the diet over the next five days. No drinking on St. Patty's Day for this beast.

Supplements:

No significant changes other then dropping DMT.

General:

I have continued to move forward and progress as planned. I am extremely pleased with the progress I have been able to make in such a short time so far. It appears as though I have chosen my target show for this season, but depending upon progress and looking at where I am realistically over the next few months I may have to adjust my plans accordingly. You know what they say about man making plans... God is definitely laughs. :D

Here is the only video I have been able to get up so far:

BEAST incline press 355 lbs. rp set - YouTube

BEAST

March 19, 2012 update:

Training:

My training went pretty decently last week, but I was pretty sick all week and was extremely busy the second half of the week. As a result I only ended up getting in one of the three workouts that I had planned on completing over the weekend.

3/14/12:

NG pullups
BW + 65 x 16rp
(up from BW + 65 x 14rp)

Rack pulls
585 x 3
(up from 545 x 7)

EZ BB curls
145 x 18rp
(up from 145 x 16rp)

DB pinwheel curls
100 x 15rp
(up from 90 x 18rp)

Rope pull widowmaker
Extreme stretches

3/15/12:

OFF

3/16/12:

Rev Hack squat
495 x 10
(up from 475 x 10)

Sumo leg press
905 x 10
(up from 875 x 9)

635 x 59
(up from 615 x 56)

Seated calf raises
Extreme stretches

3/17/12 and 3/18/12:

OFF

3/19/12: tonight

3/20/12:

Back, Biceps, Forearms

3/21/12:

3/22/12:

LEGS

The workouts have continued to go really well. My lower back strength has continued to increase, but I had a large degree of tightness that hindered my rack pulls. I did not feel as strong in the lower back as I had been over the previous weeks. This is another reason for the extra rest time over the weekend. I need to make sure that I do not sustain another lower back injury that could derail any competition plans for this year. I feel really good after the extra rest. I think that my lower back should be good to go this week. I'll know pretty quickly as I do plan to do two back and two leg workouts this week. If I need to cut one of those workouts I will... at this point I am going more by what my body is telling me (within the structure of my current DC blast) than a "set plan." Look for more workout footage coming soon.

Diet:

Diet last week was very good. Over the weekend I was much more loose than usual. I had some pizza, some burgers, nachoes... you know anything that looked good because it was so bad for me :cool:

Supplements:

No more clen, possibly adding in a small amount of T3. Peptide research will begin again on March 26th. Research plan/protocols to follow.

General:

I am fairly pleased with the point that I have reached in this blast. I am looking forward to getting a little bit of rest in a few weeks and then hitting a fresh DC blast over again :D I am really pleased with how my joints are holding up over all. If I were taking TK Labs Deca... I'd think that may have something to do with it :cool: Progress looks to be on track at this point. Updates to come! :D

BEAST

March 20, 2012 update:

Training:

Training went very well. Had a great chest, shoulders, and triceps workout. I also got in a nice walk with my wife and our pup about 2 hours after my workout.

3/19/12:

DB incline press
140 x 23rp
(up from 140 x 21rp)

Smith military press
295 x 16rp
(up from 295 x 14rp)

Smith cg press
315 x 16rp
(up from 315 x 14rp)

DC side lateral widowmakers
Extreme stretches

Diet:

Diet has changed only slightly. I am sticking with the same protein sources, but have added whole wheat wraps as my third carb source (main carb sources are still white jasmine rice and pineapple). I'll keep any changes updated on a regular basis.

BEAST

March 21, 2012 update:

Training:

Had a great training session on Tuesday night. I will post the lifts and weights later today or tomorrow. Today I am taking the day off to rest up before hitting chest, shoulders, triceps on Thursday, legs on Friday, and Back again on Saturday.

Diet:

Since today is an OFF training day... the carbs will be a little bit lower and the fats will increase.

Supplements:

IF I were to research peptides in a laboratory I would exclusively utilize ErgoPep peptides and would adhere to the following protocol:

Weeks 1-4:

GHRP-2 and Mod GRF: 150/100mcg x3/day
IGF DES: 100 mcg bi-lat preWO
MGF: 500mcg bi-lat, microinjects PWO

Weeks 5-8:

GHRP-2 and Mod GRF: 200/100mcg x3/day
IGF DES: 150 mcg bi-lat preWO
IGF LR3: 100mcg bi-lat PWO

Weeks 9-12:

GHRP-2 and Mod GRF: 100/100mcg x2/day

Weeks 13-16:

GHRP-2 and Mod GRF: 200/100mcg x3/day
IGF DES: 200 mcg bi-lat preWO
MGF: 500mcg bi-lat, microinjects PWO

Weeks 17-20:

NONE

Weeks 21-32:

TBD

General:

Everything is going along extremely smoothly. I will likely begin a new foam rolling and muscle massage protocol sometime in the next few weeks. Cardio has been dropped for this week. I will re-access cardio at the end of the week, but I will likely be adding it back in and keeping it in at 20 minutes 3 times per week for the rest of this offseason. I am also planning to kick up the food intake in the coming weeks to really start packing on the weight for the rest of the offseason. Depending upon progress and show selection my offseason will last either through the end of June for an early Nov 2012 show or through the end of the year for a 2013 spring show.

BEAST

March 26, 2012 update:

3/26/12 AM WEIGHT: 224.6 lbs.

Training:

Training went really well through last week and over the weekend. I ended up hitting chest, shoulders, and triceps on Thursday, legs on Friday, and Back again on Saturday. Last week marked the end of the 9th week of my current DC blast. I am now going to take a two week cruise period where I will train with a more typical volume style approach hitting each muscle group once per week except arms which will be hit twice. This should provide my joints with some good rest and recuperation time. I will start my next DC blast cycle on April 9, 2012. I am undecided how long it will go at this point. It will be somewhere between 6 and 9 weeks.

Diet:

Diet is starting to change a bit to allow me to put on some more overall mass. I will be upping the carbs and keeping everything else approximately the same. I will now be including the following carb sources: jasmine white rice, pineapple, whole wheat wraps, ezekiel bread, banana, oatmeal, and carb powders for extra carbs pre, intra, or postworkout.

Here is a sample of what a day in the new diet may look like:

MEAL 1: Eggwhites and oatmeal
MEAL 2: Chicken and jasmine white rice
MEAL 3: Chicken and whole wheat wrap
MEAL 4: Eggwhites and pineapple/banana
Intrawo: BCAAs, creatine, and carb powder and PWO: WPI
MEAL 5: Chicken and white jasmine rice/ezekiel bread
MEAL 6: Steak, cottage cheese, and cashews

Supplements:

Peptide research utilizing ErgoPep peptides began as planned this morning. No other changes noted.

General:

Everything seems to be moving along as planned. I have maintained about the same weight for approximately 3-4 weeks now. I am now prepared to increase the food and get ready to grow some more over the next few months. I will be adding in calories and carbohydrates slowly over time. I am adding in around 25-50g of additional carbs this week. I will access the necessary modifications for next week, but I expect that the changes will be similar to this week, i.e. maybe another 25-50g of carbs next week. Bodyweight is still hovering around 225 lbs. I am looking to get up to between 250-260 lbs at the peak of this offseason. The length of time that it takes me to make these changes with the respectable conditioning I will be looking for at that given bodyweight will guide my decisions on contest selection.

BEAST

Had a really productive chest and tricep workout last night. Research restarted with IGF DES and MGF. The pump during the workout was ridiculous. This is the first time that I have researched regular MGF in microinjects. I will continue to note any differences noticed over time. Tonight is going to be a good back and biceps workout.

Since this is a cruise week (so is next week) for me I will lay out my workout schedule:

Day 1- chest, triceps
Day 2- back, biceps
Day 3- OFF
Day 4- LEGS, calves
Day 5- Shoulders, traps
Day 6- Arms
Day 7- OFF
REPEAT

Depending on how I feel by the weekend I may just take the entire weekend off of training to help me rest up and recover better instead of training arms again on Saturday.

Everything is moving along smoothly. I am already noticing changes in fullness with the adjustments to the diet. I'll keep any changes made over the course of the next two weeks up to date in this log. :D

BEAST

March 28, 2012 update:

Training:

Training went great on Monday and Tuesday. I got really good pumps and got some good volume in. Strength was still up pretty good, but I did not push near failure like I normally would. Tonight, 3/28/12, is an OFF training night. I will have at least two more good workouts this week. Here the workouts so far this week:

3/26/12: Chest, triceps, abs

Incline smith press
Pec Dec flyes
Decline press ss w/ Flat db flyes
Rope pushdowns
1-arm db extensions
1-arm rope extensions ss w/ Rope crunches

3/27/12: Back, biceps

Pulldowns
1-arm seated row
BB deadlifts
Rope pullovers
Alt db curls
Cable curls

3/28/12: OFF

3/29/12: Legs, calves, abs

3/30/12: Shoulders, traps

3/31/12: Arms, abs or OFF

4/1/12: OFF

Diet:

Diet changes have definitely made me fuller. I have increased the carbs and fats by a little bit this week. I will note on any changes in how I feel/look by the end of the week. Today is an OFF training day, so I am having carbs in my first four meals only. Those carbs will be oatmeal, jasmine rice, ww tortilla, and ezekiel bread.

Here is what today looks like:

MEAL 1: Eggwhites and oatmeal
MEAL 2: Chicken and jasmine white rice
MEAL 3: Chicken and whole wheat wrap
MEAL 4: Eggwhites , ezekiel bread, and NPB
MEAL 5: Steak, cottage cheese, and NPB
MEAL 6: Steak, cottage cheese, and cashews

Supplements:

Peptide research utilizing ErgoPep peptides has continued. No other changes noted.

General:

Everything still seems to be moving along as planned. I am feeling really good. My strength is good, and I hope to get a little bit more endurance built back up over the next two weeks with my volume training that will lead into my next DC blast cycle. I will be formulating my strategy for my next DC blast over the next week or so, but I am planning to move back to a more typical 3-way split only training four days per week. This should help me rest and recover more, hopefully helping me to improve some of my weaker areas more efficiently. I am undecided about training legs twice per week still, but I think I am likely to continue to do so. This would cause two out of every three weeks to have five training days as opposed to four.

BEAST

Last edited:
Great log, very thorough. I'll be following from here on out.

Thanks Saku! I appreciate you following along on my journey. :D

BEAST

March 30, 2012 update:

Training:

Leg training went great on Thursday. Here is last nights' leg workout and the rest of workouts for this week:

3/29/12: Legs, calves, abs

Leg extensions
4 x 10-20

Lying leg curls
4 x 10

Squat
5 x 6-7

585 x 70 reps

Seated calf raises
4 x 15

Crunches ss w/ leg lifts
3 x 15

3/30/12:

Shoulders, traps

3/31/12:

Arms, abs

4/1/12:

OFF

Diet:

My carbs have stayed pretty stable this week. My normal days are 200 grams, off days are 135 grams, and leg day was 260 grams. This should stay the same for at least one more week before increasing each day's carb totals.

Here is what the diet looked like on leg day:

MEAL 1: 2 cups Eggwhites and 1 cup oatmeal
MEAL 2: 6 oz Chicken and 1 cup jasmine white rice
MEAL 3: 3 oz Chicken, 3 oz Steak, and 2 whole wheat wraps
MEAL 4: 2 cups Eggwhites and 4 slices ezekiel bread
MEAL 5: 6 oz Chicken, 1 cup jasmine white rice, and 1 slice ezekiel bread
MEAL 6: 6 oz Steak, 1 cup cottage cheese, and 56g cashews

Supplements:

No change.

General:

I am pleased with how my cruise is going so far. My joints are feeling slightly relieved already. After one more week I should be fully ready to jump right into another DC blast cycle. I am excited about the upcoming weekend. Someone is going to be going out for some Japanese steakhouse and sushi for his birthday! ;).

In other news my wife and I have found out for certain that our new baby is a girl! My wife has had regular ultrasounds since 16 weeks (now 28 weeks), and this was the first time my stubborn little girl decided to give us a view haha. She also ninja kicked the ultrasound wand everytime the tech poked her with it to try to get her to move. She'll be here by late June :D

BEAST

Last edited:
April 4, 2012 update:

Training:

Training has gone great over the last week. Here are the workouts since my last update and the rest of workouts for this week:

3/30/12: Shoulders, traps

Smith military press
3 x 10

DB side laterals
4 x 10-15

Rev pec dec ss w/ Rear delt rope pulls
3 x 10-15

DB upright rows
3 x 10

Machine side laterals
3 x 10 and 10 partials

3/31/12: Arms, abs

Pushdowns
3 x 10

Smith CG bench press
3 x 10

1-arm DB extensions
3 x 10

1-arm rope pushdowns
3 x 10

BB curls
3 x 10

Alt db curls
3 x 10

Machine preachers
3 x 10

Rope crunches
3 x 15

4/1/12:

OFF

4/2/12: Chest, triceps

Smith incline press
3 x 10

Nautilus incline press
3 x 10

Flat db flys
3 x 10

Pec Dec
3 x 10

Smith close grip press
3 x 10

DB skullcrushers
3 x 10

1-arm pushdown
3 x 10

4/3/12: Back, biceps

Pullups (weighted)
3 x 10

T-bar rows
3 x 10

1-arm seated rows
3 x 10

Supported t-bar row
3 x 10

Rope lat pulls
1 x 10 (triple dropset)

EZ bb curls
3 x 10

Rev bb curls
3 x 10

1-arm DB hammer preachers
3 x 10

Diet:

Diet has stayed the same as last week with 200 grams of carbs on normal days, 135 grams on OFF training days, and 260 grams on leg day.

Supplements:

No change.

General:

I am extremely pleased with how my cruise is going. My joints feel good, my strength has stayed up, I am fuller and a bit more pumped throughout the day, and the extra volume is increasing my endurance a bit. I will decide by Friday, but I have been debating whether I want to start a new DC blast cycle on Monday or if I want to start a short volume training blast cycle. I have liked the subtle changes in my fullness and overall physique since switching over to volums training on my cruise. I may do a quick volume training blast, do a cruise cycle, and then go back to a DC training blast. Everything else is going along great! Updates will continue on a regular basis. :D

BEAST

April 9, 2012 update:

4/9/12 AM Weight = 226.2 lbs.

Training:

Training went really well last week for the second week of my cruise. This week I will be changing things up a bit and instead of going right back into a typical DC blast cycle I am going to do a 6 week volume training blast. I will still utilize heavy compound movements for every bodypart taking at least one set near failure with as heavy a weight as possible. I was pleased with the amount of endurance I was able to gain throught the volume training on my cruise, even without cardio, so I think it will help my in my future DC blast cycles to gain some endurance with some heavy volume training first. At this point I am planning to hit every bodypart once per week except legs, calves, and abs. Calves and abs will be hit two to three times per week. Legs will be trained twice per week, probably Tuesday and Saturday. I still plan to get some video up over the next six weeks eventhough it won't be typical rest pause sets. Thy typical split will look as follows:

Day 1: Chest, triceps, abs
Day 2: Legs, calves
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: Back, biceps, abs
Day 5: Shoulders
Day 6: Legs, calves, abs
Day 7: OFF

Diet:

Diet has changed up a little bit this week. I have upped the carbs to 235 grams on normal days, 155 grams on OFF training days, and 300 grams on leg days. I plan to keep fats about the same at this point, but in the near future I may be adding additional fats to 1-2 more meals in order to get an extra increase in calories, if needed. At this point the carbs are also remaining the same, i.e jasmine white rice, oatmeal, ezekiel bread, and whole wheat wraps/tortilas.

Supplements:

No change.

General:

I feel like my cruise cycle has given my joints a great chance to heal up and get ready for another round of pounding. The next six weeks should still be relatively easy on my joints considering I will be training with more volume and less extreme intensity compared to rest pause set style training. Everything seems to be moving along smoothly. My weight has not increased as I would like, hence the increase in calories. I still plan to hit a relatively lean 250 lbs. by the end of this offseason. Overall progress has gradually continued. I hope you guys had a good Easter and continue to follow along.

BEAST

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity