over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Constant improvement - some thoughts

A very large carby meal before bed is the best sleeping remedy there is. When i need to switch my bodyclock when finishing nights i always have a super carby 2000 calorie plus super and feel great and wake up with stomach flat and lean. I just eat a little less earlier on on the day. All the other stuff seems on point too

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

A very large carby meal before bed is the best sleeping remedy there is. When i need to switch my bodyclock when finishing nights i always have a super carby 2000 calorie plus super and feel great and wake up with stomach flat and lean. I just eat a little less earlier on on the day. All the other stuff seems on point too

Even pre-contest I would have my nightly (literally middle of the night)

FutureFreak special --- 2 slices ezekiel toast + small amount of sugar-free jam + 2% cottage cheese spread over the toast and jam.....sounds weird but its delicious!

-FF

You actually don't need carbs at all as a bodybuilder....but getting bodybuilders to actually believe this... is like telling someone the world isnt flat back when everyone thought it was. :p

Anabolic: Let's see your carb-free physique? Aren't you struggling to sleep on tren and made a post about it? Maybe part of the solution lies in this thread...

Anabolic: Let's see your carb-free physique? Aren't you struggling to sleep on tren and made a post about it? Maybe part of the solution lies in this thread...

Lack of carbs has nothing to do with it. :)

Fats are the bodys primary fuel source, millions of years of evolution at work.

and they taste turd thats why carbs were created lol

apart from peanut butter but then that needs some jelly or choc to go with it :)

You actually don't need carbs at all as a bodybuilder....but getting bodybuilders to actually believe this... is like telling someone the world isnt flat back when everyone thought it was. :p

I am with you in that regard. Carbs aren't as necessary as people think, it terms of volume

BUT, this is the major BUT. When you are on high levels or even moderate levels of GH, carbs are far more necessary because you crave them and follow that type of hunger levels is a great way to eat. Then if you add insulin, well, then you need more. Even 2iu Thanktropin, has me craving some carby foods 30 minutes post-injection. 2iu Serostim made me sprint to the fridge.

So for the guys that use the high carbs, they usually have the gh/insulin in, maybe a little t3 too. With those parameters, carbs are far more a necessity.

I never intend to use insulin, stay on 12.5mcg pharm grade T3 year round, but use GH 9/12 mos a year and my need for carbs is greater than ever before. I still keep them quite low in regards to my LBM, etc., but that's because I'm prone to water/estrogen effects. Less at this this bf% I'm at, but still prone to it. Never feed that ugly side of me!

Hmmm...no...your body prioritizes using glucose first and foremost. Fats are the last to be used as fuel--not that fats aren't very important for other pathways.

:eek:I would like to hear John's opinion on this statement. I used to think that was true but not anymore. Sure you could survive on nothing but fat and protein but is it optimal like youre saying?

This is probably true. But no one is taking my sweet potato and fruits away from me, for a bodybuilding diet to work it had to be maintainable and enjoyable, for me personally a carb free diet is neither. Also i hate the flat look of no carbs. Carbs keep me full and veiny

I was preaching this anab0lic --- I was heavily into carbs are non essential, were simply not really needed... etc etc...

This is all true as protein turnover can create enough glucose for brain function, minor glycogen replenishment and you will utilizing various energy substrates from glucose (via protein turvover) and ketone bodies shifting back and forth and that is fine...

I do believe that using ALL MACROS is more 'Optimal" in a bodybuilders pursuit for utmost size and leanness + fullness etc....

I always found that relying heavily on essential fats like high omega-3 and omega-9's made me a little "flat" as the anti inflammatory effects did not agree with my body type ---- then the pro inflammatory fats like fatty red meats, PB, cheese etc.... made my body type full and harder --- yet causes ill-effects as high blood triglycerides and cause insulin resistance and prostaglandin markers soar too high.....

A misconception is that keto or higher fats keep you insulin sensitive --- yea maybe the first few weeks --- but consistent ketones + body fat releasing into your blood will cause resistance + if you are the type that uses "any fat is fair game approach" with bacon, ham, cheeses etc....

Of course omega-3 and 9 will cause some insulin sensitivity, but would best used in CONJUNCTION with healthy, nutrient dense carbohydrates like yams, berries, oatmeal, quinoa etc...

When dieting I like keeping carbs into the equation because I feel insulin sensitivity INCREASES as you will be most likely on infrequent carb consumption, lowered carbs and heightened training and cardio....keeping the pancreas some what "alive" keeps it efficient as it wont go on a full vacation...that way carb loading and refeeding are MUCH MORE PREDICTABLE.

When on prolonged high fats --- carbing up for a show is very much a gamble as you are not used to processing carbohydrates.....

This is one of those things that I am for --- know a ton about this approach, but always evolve and look for other ways to improve...and keep an open mind...

-FF

Last edited:
:eek:I would like to hear John's opinion on this statement. I used to think that was true but not anymore. Sure you could survive on nothing but fat and protein but is it optimal like youre saying?

I believe john has stated before he is not anti Carb, but suggests using just enough carbs based on your current goal ( not exact words and correct me if im wrong John) .

Last edited:

At the cellular level:
-The efficiency of gluconeogenesis = it's only around 57% (very poor)
-Deleteriously high demands on the liver and kidneys (due to needing to get rid of the extra nitrogen/urea). Also blood pH must be consider.

When dieting I like keeping carbs into the equation because I feel insulin sensitivity INCREASES as you will be most likely on infrequent carb consumption, lowered carbs and heightened training and cardio....keeping the pancreas some what "alive" keeps it efficient as it wont go on a full vacation

Future freak wouldnt creating a small spike pre and post workout from waxy karbolyn , maltodextrin be useful in contest phase once said bodybuilder is already in a lean condition? rather then using the norm oats, sweet taters, brown rice, grits protocol

Wait til you guys see John's precontest pics when we post them in the next week or so... he's crazy lean and still over 300g carbs daily...

John and Shelby are some of the smartest and adaptable coaches I've seen. Always improving and learning as we all should. That is bodybuilding! I've learned so much! It just blows my mind how much things change and how much smarter we are getting.

Carbs- Without a relatively large dose pre and post workout I recover like shit and feel like shit the rest of the day.
On non training days I've been having them later in the day and have had no increase in bodyfat.

My recent diet changes leave me in a position where I get a meal or 2 in the morning/early afternoon, then a meal around 9-10 PM. Everything else is in liquid form from shakes. IT's not something I like doing but the nutrients are better than none at all in the large gap.

So far i've experienced no adverse effects, so I'm thinking liquid vs. solid doesnt matter as much as I thought it did. The type and ratios of the nutrients are whats actually important. IF the fats in the shakes are the right fats, The carbs are the right carbs, and the amino acid profile of the protien is right, I dont see an issue in sustaining nutrient intake this way for short periods of time.

How does one stay regular without fibre, John? I know some people report worse conditions with high fibre intake, psyllium husks etc. Does a clean diet with veggies in most meals keep you healthy in this respect?

You mean you didn't pass through the low fat AND low carb phase? man that sucked..it was not fun..hahah

JM

The dreaded low fat and low carb; I hated that. My wife has always been open to change and recently has been following what she calls a moderate fast. She only eats from 9:00AM to 9:00PM; starts the day at 6:00AM with BCAA's and 30 min of cardio, at 9:00AM protein/veg, at 11:00AM trains and follows up with approx 1100-1220 calories (she weighs 125lbs) of protein/carbs and fat which she trys to get in by 1:00PM. She says she has no interest in eating until about 6:00PM which is another small meal of protein/carbs and finishes her last meal at 9:00PM with more protein and vegetables.

I speak of my wife alot as she is a top level competitor in the Women's Physique placing 3rd at last years Nationals. She truly has changed her physique with thinking outside the box with unique training and diets.. She will be competing in Chicago next week at JR. Nationals.

I need to add that one of her unique wo's was designed by Mack Truck (who definitely thinks outside).

Last edited:
MD.. I highly agree with you about fiber.. I think we can obtain enough from fruits and vegetables. I am not a fan of fiber supplements or even alot of complex carbs.. Too much fiber sits in the gut and is a breeding ground for bad bacteria.. Also don't like the fact that starchy foods like (beans, rice, grains) carry alot of phytic acid.. That is why proper soaking/sproating is so important to reduce phytic acid levels.. Another reason I like white rice over brown... I also think bodybuilders would be better off eating more organ meats, bone broths, and wild shellfish (clams, oysters, mussels, shrimp, etc.). They are just nutritional powerhouses carrying an abundance of fat-soluble vitamins...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131