over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Constant improvement - some thoughts

I get really backed up and milk of magnesia doesnt work like i thought it would and tried some senna as well.

I eat a balanced diet as far as macros go BUT almost all my meals are chicken almost everyday. Could this be causing the problems? I take metamucil as well twice a day.

Talking to Shelby he suggested i switch up my protein sources which i figured but wanted to get others opinions as well.

Another great read......JM is one of my absolute favorite coaches, and writers....All great stuff.....
Saying i don't know is a strength, being dynamic is also a great strength...
Keep it coming...pure gold!!!

I get really backed up and milk of magnesia doesnt work like i thought it would and tried some senna as well.

I eat a balanced diet as far as macros go BUT almost all my meals are chicken almost everyday. Could this be causing the problems? I take metamucil as well twice a day.

Talking to Shelby he suggested i switch up my protein sources which i figured but wanted to get others opinions as well.

Keep one or the same protein can cause a good allergy so they say, so it is important to change things up. I know it works for me

Diet wise Ive absolutely gone from tunnel vision to "wow there are alot of different variations depending on the persons genotype" vision over the years.

You know I really think this is an interesting little nugget here, and ultimately the benefit of what DC obviously has… experience.
I can’t even count how many times I’ve tried to copy this diet or that diet, each time thinking that because it was supported by science the diet must work. The problem with that was they didn’t. I would end up with a general feeling of unwellness when I forced myself to eat x, y or z at whatever time of day I was "supposed" to. It wasn't something that was instant. It happened over time and there would always be some sort of rebound.

After a while I started eating based upon how I felt, keeping in mind that I always wanted to feel good. Sure enough I started to look the way I felt on a more consistent basis. I did it by eating little to no food during the day (carbs if anything) with the bulk amounts later in the evening when I felt most hungry. My girlfriend on the other hand eats all of her food during the day and almost nothing at night. If either of us tries to copy the other, the results are never good.

With respect to carbs, when I crave them I eat them. If I don't have a very active day with respect to cardio, I don't tend to crave them as much.

It really is all about getting to know how one's body works. Unfortunately, getting there is always a guess test and revise situation. I guess experience is a funny thing like that, and I'm learning... slowly.

Keep one or the same protein can cause a good allergy so they say, so it is important to change things up. I know it works for me

Thats what i figured and heard as well. Needless to say no two meals today have been the same.

I'd like to stir the pot by saying the essential fatty acids (omega 3,6) are really not that essential.. I think fish oil has been completely blown out of proportion for healthy people. I think people are making a mistake taking 5,6, even 10g of fish oil a day..

The requirement is very small.. Foods like liver, egg yolks, and pasture raised animal fats provide adequate amounts.

"One gram per day of Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil reduces cardiovascular mortality in patients with chronic heart failure or who have recently had a heart attack. However, fish oil may increase cardiovascular and total mortality, especially when used for more than four years in combination with a standard modern diet" Chris Masterjohn, Weston Price Magazine v11 number 3

Many native groups eating traditional diets and are free of heart disease do not have a high consumption of marine oils. The Masai's diet is high in saturated fat from butterfat. The inhabitants of Tokelau consume a diet mostly on coconut. The inhabitants of Crete get most of its fat as saturated butterfat from cheese and as monounsaturated olive oil. Fish is part of their diets, but no more than 2% of total calories.. The Inuit of Greenland are the only exception to the rule..

I think man does fine on fats from warm blooded animals..

Every diet has "worked" for me -- but some have worked better than others and I also take into consideration the fact that we change EACH day - month - year from a physiological standpoint...

Not to mention our environmental changes we may go through each year -- new job, and new schedule which means different calorie expenditure each day....

I encourage EVERYONE to notate all diets, training and supp protocols you have done and keep tabs...

references are great nuggets of info

-FF

Every diet has "worked" for me -- but some have worked better than others and I also take into consideration the fact that we change EACH day - month - year from a physiological standpoint...

Not to mention our environmental changes we may go through each year -- new job, and new schedule which means different calorie expenditure each day....

I encourage EVERYONE to notate all diets, training and supp protocols you have done and keep tabs...

references are great nuggets of info

-FF

Hey bud any advice on what i posted above? I just want a second/third opinion.

I've noticed carbs increase soreness and perceived inflammation. No carbs = little to no soreness. I haven't seen too many others mention this effect anywhere. Now what this means as far as what you should eat, I don't know. Just something I noticed.

Lyle McDonald had some explanation which I forget, but it sounded plausible.

Id like to put some emphasis on this as iv noticed this as well and an explanation would be awesome.

I always figured that due to muscular damage and inflammation to the muscles and fascial tissue, the damaged muscle cells being full and pressed out against damaged fascial tissue was what accounted for the soreness.

Wow what an awesome thread, this is gold right here! Thx guys.

1) I used to be a staunch proponent of eating carbs with breakfast. Not anymore. They get put to much better use around training when muscle cells are like vacuums for glucose. i would rather take in 250 grams around training, then 50 grams a meal over 5 meals.JM

When I started reading about the Mountain Dog Diet it said to eat 20% of your carbs in the morning. I had been waiting until 5:30pm (right before my workout) to eat carbs before I started this diet. After 2 weeks of eating carbs in the morning again I felt sluggish all day and switched back to only carbs right before and then after my workouts. I have always had great energy with this method and feel my recovery and sleep are better. This was the only thing I disagreed with when first started the MD Diet. Glad to see you have changed your opinions on this JM!!!

I'd like to stir the pot by saying the essential fatty acids (omega 3,6) are really not that essential.. I think fish oil has been completely blown out of proportion for healthy people. I think people are making a mistake taking 5,6, even 10g of fish oil a day..

The requirement is very small.. Foods like liver, egg yolks, and pasture raised animal fats provide adequate amounts.

"One gram per day of Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil reduces cardiovascular mortality in patients with chronic heart failure or who have recently had a heart attack. However, fish oil may increase cardiovascular and total mortality, especially when used for more than four years in combination with a standard modern diet" Chris Masterjohn, Weston Price Magazine v11 number 3

Many native groups eating traditional diets and are free of heart disease do not have a high consumption of marine oils. The Masai's diet is high in saturated fat from butterfat. The inhabitants of Tokelau consume a diet mostly on coconut. The inhabitants of Crete get most of its fat as saturated butterfat from cheese and as monounsaturated olive oil. Fish is part of their diets, but no more than 2% of total calories.. The Inuit of Greenland are the only exception to the rule..

I think man does fine on fats from warm blooded animals..

But you are making the assumption that you aren't inflamed. You wouldn't know this without lab work. With the majority of people taking in an overabundance of omega 6 fatty acids which are inflammatory they would need omega 3's. Berardi has done a ton of research on this with studies to back it.

But you are making the assumption that you aren't inflamed. You wouldn't know this without lab work. With the majority of people taking in an overabundance of omega 6 fatty acids which are inflammatory they would need omega 3's. Berardi has done a ton of research on this with studies to back it.

If your diet is abundant in Omega 6's, then the solution is not more Omega 3's. It is to reduce Omega 6's. That was the point of my post.. Omega fatty acids should be minimal in diet and can be satisfied thru quality animal meats and egg yolks.

bumping this thread from 5 years because it is absolutely gold

wonder how viewpoints have changed since this..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131