advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Echo results... could be better, could be worse.

Josefein421

Registered
Newbies
First ever echo so I have no comparisons. BP has been a struggle to control under 145 lately. Dr adjusted some things and I'm into the low 130s now but asked to get an echo if the persistent hypertension would get it covered. He agreed. Just to be sure I'm gonna run the interpretation by one of the critical care cardiologists at work.

EF 54%
Mild to moderate LV hypertrophy w low normal systolic function
Mild atrial dilation
Mild regurg in pulmonic and mitral valves

Increasing CoQ10, adding Arjuna and pycnogenal. Keep cardio in. Maybe add some HIIT. E2 was high (118) but that's baseline when on 500mg test and BP historically was 118-124 SBP. Adding Arimidex when over my prescribed 200mg/week see if that helps control BP via reduced estrogen.

CT calcium next week. EKG is good w resting HR 60s normal sinus. Labs are all good except genetic low HDL and a single bump in AST/ALT that I'm gonna get rechecked in 2 weeks.

Could've been worse but it could've been better. Was hoping to see 60%+ EF. If an echo was as easy to get as blood work I'd have gotten one a long time ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2246.jpeg
    IMG_2246.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 18
What is your age?

Yes- do what you need to do to get the BP constantly down to 120 or under.

I would switch the CoQ10 to 400mg a day of ubiquniol
Add 10g of D Ribose a day
Add 4-6g of Taurine a day
At least 1000mg of a high quality Arjuna
Never take cabergoline again
Talk to your cardiologist about possibly adding in Empagliflozin (Jardiance)

If your CT comes in at anything higher than 0 you'll need to add some more meds and support supps in.

@ OP

Look into Dr Nathan Bryant, PhD in Biochem and Molecular Medicine O think. He is / was a Professor of Medicine at some med school in Texas.

He has some pretty cool clips on YT.

He is incredibly smart and focuses on nitric oxide issues in the body, the lack thereof leading to “resistant hypertension” whereby BP meds may not be the fix or enough.

His fix is pretty straight forward and easy and relatively inexpensive - all based on ensuring the body is converting endogenous substrates into Nitric Oxide and how this has a profound effect on so many diseases (cardiovascular, ED, Dementia, and more).

GL

@ OP

Look into Dr Nathan Bryant, PhD in Biochem and Molecular Medicine O think. He is / was a Professor of Medicine at some med school in Texas.

He has some pretty cool clips on YT.

He is incredibly smart and focuses on nitric oxide issues in the body, the lack thereof leading to “resistant hypertension” whereby BP meds may not be the fix or enough.

His fix is pretty straight forward and easy and relatively inexpensive - all based on ensuring the body is converting endogenous substrates into Nitric Oxide and how this has a profound effect on so many diseases (cardiovascular, ED, Dementia, and more).

GL

Here …

Are you taking any Rx meds for BP like an ARB, BB, CCB, or a mild diuretic?

Yes. Losartan was at 50mg daily and kept me in that 118-124 range no problem no matter what I was doing otherwise. About 6 to 8 months ago I got into the 140s and we bumped to 100mg. That didn't work so we added Norvasc at 2.5mg in the morning with the losartan. That still did nothing so it was increased to 5mg and moved to bed with losartan in the morning. This has me in below 130s.

I am going to continue to monitor it and draw labs for the estrogen and see if the Arimidex helps. If not I will go back and talk to him more

But until 6 to 8 months ago I could use 200-80mg of test and regardless of dose BP stayed 118-124.

I'm not overly concerned with the echo now I just don't want it to trend worse in the future.

Yes. Losartan was at 50mg daily and kept me in that 118-124 range no problem no matter what I was doing otherwise. About 6 to 8 months ago I got into the 140s and we bumped to 100mg. That didn't work so we added Norvasc at 2.5mg in the morning with the losartan. That still did nothing so it was increased to 5mg and moved to bed with losartan in the morning. This has me in below 130s.

I am going to continue to monitor it and draw labs for the estrogen and see if the Arimidex helps. If not I will go back and talk to him more

But until 6 to 8 months ago I could use 200-80mg of test and regardless of dose BP stayed 118-124.

I'm not overly concerned with the echo now I just don't want it to trend worse in the future.
losartan in my experience does not work well for bodybuilders - I would change it to telmisartan or even good old Ramipril will be better than what you are currently using, but that's just my opinion

losartan in my experience does not work well for bodybuilders - I would change it to telmisartan or even good old Ramipril will be better than what you are currently using, but that's just my opinion

I have some telmisartan. Dr just called to say he got results and referred to me cardiology for follow up. That should be a month at least. I could try switching to Telmisartan now or wait?

I have some telmisartan. Dr just called to say he got results and referred to me cardiology for follow up. That should be a month at least. I could try switching to Telmisartan now or wait?
Personally I wouldn't wait and change medications but that's me - don't take what I write as advice

Watch your dosage of Adex too. 118 using 500mg of testosterone isn’t bad at all.

Just using myself as an example, I was taking 1g of testosterone and had an estrogen value of 138-140. I wanted to get to the 80’s. I feel the best around the ~80 mark.

Well I used 3mg per week and my estrogen was at 7. I never felt what other members here describe with low estrogen either. I was shocked to see it so low. So it doesn’t take much to lower your numbers. Just take it slow with Adex.

I’ve been using .5mg weekly now. I have yet to re-test my estrogen yet. It’s only been a couple weeks since I switched my Adex dosage to the .5mg. Probably will re-test sometime in mid-April.

Cage

Personally, I have quite severe left ventricular hypertrophy. approx. 2 cm. The doctor who examined me said it was normal considering my size and physical activity. he ordered additional tests, such as a Holter monitor.

First ever echo so I have no comparisons. BP has been a struggle to control under 145 lately. Dr adjusted some things and I'm into the low 130s now but asked to get an echo if the persistent hypertension would get it covered. He agreed. Just to be sure I'm gonna run the interpretation by one of the critical care cardiologists at work.

EF 54%
Mild atrial dilation

Increasing CoQ10, adding Arjuna and pycnogenal. Keep cardio in. Maybe add some HIIT. E2 was high (118) but that's baseline when on 500mg test and BP historically was 118-124 SBP. Adding Arimidex when over my prescribed 200mg/week see if that helps control BP via reduced estrogen.

CT calcium next week. EKG is good w resting HR 60s normal sinus. Labs are all good except genetic low HDL and a single bump in AST/ALT that I'm gonna get rechecked in 2 weeks.

Could've been worse but it could've been better. Was hoping to see 60%+ EF. If an echo was as easy to get as blood work I'd have gotten one a long time ago.
If it were me (not a doctor but a hardcore info collector), I would begin Jardiance 10mg, Telmisartan 40mg, and 5mg Nebivolol to attempt cardiac remodeling (possibly get the EF% higher) and get blood pressure down to 110/70, in addition to lifestyle changes (ex. HIIT & aerobic exercise). I'd continue those supplements.

I would imagine your cardiologist would agree to prescribe these things if you ask.

EF 54%
Mild atrial dilation

What @luki7788 said above. If it were me I would not add a beta blocker in as your RHR is already 60.

I would switch up the meds and keep cardio in 5 days a week with HR of 130 20-30 min daily and hit 10k steps daily.

That’s if it was me.

If it were me (not a doctor but a hardcore info collector), I would begin Jardiance 10mg, Telmisartan 40mg, and 5mg Nebivolol to attempt cardiac remodeling (possibly get the EF% higher) and get blood pressure down to 110/70, in addition to lifestyle changes (ex. HIIT & aerobic exercise). I'd continue those supplements.

I would imagine your cardiologist would agree to prescribe these things if you ask.

How would you try to get your cardiologist to prescribe Jardiance?

How would you try to get your cardiologist to prescribe Jardiance?
Tell him you’re a bodybuilder, have a borderline moderate EF rate and want to be proactive and know Jardiance is indicated to be cardio protective.

EF 54%
Mild atrial dilation

How old are you, a lot of guys on here pushed Nattiokinase and I really like it my labs are pretty much unchanged but I have a 3 week old and a two year old so no change is good I think as when my boy was born my labs and health/fitness tanked at first. I do that with handfuls of krill oil and Citrus Bergamot and like you my HDL when I was a 19 year old Marine was always around 20, once I got on gear it was 5, 7, 5, 8. Now my hdl was sub 80 so the doc said the ratios were fine with him. Niacin did nothing but the natto and CB have me in the teens whilst getting no sleep and cardio severely hampered due to newborn in the house. I actually feel the Nattokinase which maybe in my head but I do AM and Pm and really like it. There’s plenty guys on here know more than me @BBextreme and @Performance Based are stud info machines. Good luck brother.

Tell him you’re a bodybuilder, have a borderline moderate EF rate and want to be proactive and know Jardiance is indicated to be cardio protective.
I read that TB 500 is great for the heart and cardiac remodeling but I don’t know if it’s true, everything else I read in it turned out to be true.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131