over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Evaluating Safer Use Models

Another thing that is about 30 years old I think, is whey protein. In a way it did change things, the high protein intakes we see would be very hard without it. Was the first popular brand "Designer Whey" or something like that? Duchaine pioneered so many things and as I recall he was really involved in hyping it up in MM2K. Not his idea but he saw the benefit. Though even today many good bodybuilders aren't really sure about its benefits, like some think "shakes" are really inferior to solid food. "It's only a supplement, not a food item." I think that's silly, I don't think it's any less a food or inferior to say your boiled egg whites or whatever.
One of my earliest threads on this forum was saying I think the protein from whey is every bit as good as protein from chewable food and that it won't make any noticeable difference in physique. I never got more nasty, angry dickhead replies from vets with superiority complexes at the time. I was and still am 100% right.

One of my earliest threads on this forum was saying I think the protein from whey is every bit as good as protein from chewable food and that it won't make any noticeable difference in physique. I never got more nasty, angry dickhead replies from vets with superiority complexes at the time. I was and still am 100% right.

easily one of my all time favorite rivalries here

Whole Food vs. Protein Powder

Not all AIs are the same. If you’re crashing your estrogen you’re misusing them.
Yes the misuse or abuse of anything can be harmful.
AIs are NOT inherently dangerous or harmful.
A man died from overdosing on vitamin D just a few days ago. By the logic of some people this means that vitamin d is dangerous.
"Excess D wasn’t the only cause of death listed — the coroner also blamed congestive heart failure, chronic kidney failure, hypercalcemia, and Ischaemic Heart Disease — when blood no longer flows efficiently to the organ.

However, due to the high concentrations of vitamin D found, the coroner warned that “Vitamin supplements can have potentially very serious risks and side effects when taken in excess.”

Now I'm not saying that the D was harmless but it sounds like NOTHING was working properly on this gentlemen, so of course they will blame the deadly vitamins, how about the truckload of meds he was likely on for those diseases.........................

That being said anyone taking large doses(>10,000iu/day) should be getting labs to check levels.

Did you catch the gem about him being able to take second to only Arnold were he to have competed at the 1971 Mr. O? Fucking delusional does not even begin to explain what is happening in that mans version of reality. lol

You fell for and FAILED VB's are you an idiot test! I am supremely disappointed in you.
Vic knew that stupid ass hormone men would not read what he said and react since he posted a picture of himself. He knew that stupid men would not read THE ONLY OTHER COMPETITOR ARNOLD S. You see everyone was disqualified at the 1971 Olympia and Arnold won by default thus if you would have competed and managed not to get disqualified you would have gotten second to Arnold at the 71 Olympia see how that works?

@emeric delczeg

Sorry I had to lol

"Excess D wasn’t the only cause of death listed — the coroner also blamed congestive heart failure, chronic kidney failure, hypercalcemia, and Ischaemic Heart Disease — when blood no longer flows efficiently to the organ.

However, due to the high concentrations of vitamin D found, the coroner warned that “Vitamin supplements can have potentially very serious risks and side effects when taken in excess.”

Now I'm not saying that the D was harmless but it sounds like NOTHING was working properly on this gentlemen, so of course they will blame the deadly vitamins, how about the truckload of meds he was likely on for those diseases.........................

That being said anyone taking large doses(>10,000iu/day) should be getting labs to check levels.

I hope I'm not mistaken but I think Phil Hernon said we'd see a lot of kidney failures due to Vitamin D supplements. Not saying he was right, just that he said it.

You fell for and FAILED VB's are you an idiot test! I am supremely disappointed in you.
Vic knew that stupid ass hormone men would not read what he said and react since he posted a picture of himself. He knew that stupid men would not read THE ONLY OTHER COMPETITOR ARNOLD S. You see everyone was disqualified at the 1971 Olympia and Arnold won by default thus if you would have competed and managed not to get disqualified you would have gotten second to Arnold at the 71 Olympia see how that works?
Oh, for crying out loud. You can take "VB bested you" nonsense and do you know what with it. FFS
Here, another one of the 100+ cringe worthy IG posts since I managed to grab the one he outfoxed me with lol.

I hope I'm not mistaken but I think Phil Hernon said we'd see a lot of kidney failures due to Vitamin D supplements. Not saying he was right, just that he said it.
Easily avoidable with a $30.00 lab draw a couple times a year. The guy in question had levels higher than detectable so we are not talking about a 5000iu/day dose here.

I might not pass VB's tests but I am pretty sure I am absolutely killing it when it comes to the universes test! lol

Universe > VB......................................unless of course you ask him lol.

I haven't done that deep of a dive on the subject but I also mentioned egg white specifically because as I understand it the yolk has the real nutritive value. If we compared whey also to for example tuna in a can my hunch is that the whey might outperform tuna as "nutrition" and in their effects on health, as whey can improve immunity and so on. So whey could sometimes be a superior protein source. I also am not clear on the nutritive difference between a whey concentrate and isolate, but I do remember some experts back in the day saying to choose concentrate if you tolerate it as concentrate has some "fractions" that are good and healthy, which are lost in further processing? Whey seems to be the gold standard in the medical establishment as most of the food replacements and complete nutrition solutions in hospital care are whey based from what I've seen, with sometimes complete micronutrients added so patients can live on them exclusively for a period of time if necessary. Some experts seem to think you perhaps should add whey to your diet just for the health benefits, not just for the protein grams per se. Many lifters say they noticed no physique deterioration if they stopped whey shakes which they take to mean whey is crap, but I think there are many potential confounders in a situation like that, doesn't mean "whey doesn't work."

I haven't done that deep of a dive on the subject but I also mentioned egg white specifically because as I understand it the yolk has the real nutritive value. If we compared whey also to for example tuna in a can my hunch is that the whey might outperform tuna as "nutrition" and in their effects on health, as whey can improve immunity and so on. So whey could sometimes be a superior protein source. I also am not clear on the nutritive difference between a whey concentrate and isolate, but I do remember some experts back in the day saying to choose concentrate if you tolerate it as concentrate has some "fractions" that are good and healthy, which are lost in further processing? Whey seems to be the gold standard in the medical establishment as most of the food replacements and complete nutrition solutions in hospital care are whey based from what I've seen, with sometimes complete micronutrients added so patients can live on them exclusively for a period of time if necessary. Some experts seem to think you perhaps should add whey to your diet just for the health benefits, not just for the protein grams per se. Many lifters say they noticed no physique deterioration if they stopped whey shakes which they take to mean whey is crap, but I think there are many potential confounders in a situation like that, doesn't mean "whey doesn't work."
Yes whey will work egg white to , however not as good as having the whole raw milk which contains 20% whey, and the whole egg. Whole milk in addition to its nutrient content, also contains enzymes that helps in the breakdown of macronutrients into smaller fragments for easier absorption and provide additional bioactivity and protective effects to the milk. That why I am suggesting to bland your whey to whole raw milk, it will prevent digesting problems which happens by just consuming whey.

well, slick vic was only 3 or 4 years of age in 71, so the whole thing makes no sense

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws