over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GDA discussion.

That would change my thinking. In that case you could probably do it with meals one through three, maybe with meal 2. Start letting it do its thing then by meal 4 (which Im presuming has carbs) you get improved uptake.
Just one possible scenario.

As i stated in my post above, I do it similar, but I'm naturally carb sensitive...if you go hypo easy, and don't shake it off. Than closer to the carb meals is best.

I know this is only one supplement of many that make up a good GDA but I think this is what I read about Fenugreek.

It's active ingredient, dosinigen is a lab precusror to progesterone(the human body lacks an actual enzyme to convert) and is considered a phyto estrogen. It's aids in synthsising DHEA but also potentially antagonizes the PRL so prolactin might rise.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I know this is only one supplement of many that make up a good GDA but I think this is what I read about Fenugreek.

It's active ingredient, dosinigen is a lab precusror to progesterone(the human body lacks an actual enzyme to convert) and is considered a phyto estrogen. It's aids in synthsising DHEA but also potentially antagonizes the PRL so prolactin might rise.

There is truth to that. Women get it to help when they breast feed, however its never messed with me at all, of course I could do tren and deca together without any problems.

The biggest problem I noticed is it drastically increased mobility time. Try the berberine first they are similar, if it bothers you metiformin will most likely be worse. I find berberine tolerable. Im thinking about trying 4gr cinnamon with both since it helps while slowing mobility.

Thanks Cerb!

Biotin is another good one. 2mg 3x per day. Bitter melon is awesome too.

Be carefull with cinnamon, can be toxic at very high doses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biotin is another good one. 2mg 3x per day. Bitter melon is awesome too.

Be carefull with cinnamon, can be toxic at very high doses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also read somewhere to avoid cinnamon pre workout. Not sure what the issue was

I take my usual GDA's pre cardio as well, and I would do it for two reasons.
#1 to avoid gastrointestinal disturbance, also its better absorbed this way.
#2 to drive my body into immediate ketosis, not like it needs a lot of help at that point but it will enhance fat burning.
Let me add#3
As it kicks in and Im doing cardio, my body is becoming primed for its first and largest carb meal of the day- when those carbs hit my body is going to suck up that glucose back into muscle and liver glycogen much faster and much stronger.
So I can not only impart nutrient partitioning but a somewhat anabolic environment.
And I would be using it in both phases but to me its more important when you are taking more glucose producing carbs in the system.

Metformin doesn't cause ketosis it doesn't affect bs at all. Amino acids will still be body's preferred amino acids. Metformin is also catabolic.

Metformin doesn't cause ketosis it doesn't affect bs at all. Amino acids will still be body's preferred amino acids. Metformin is also catabolic.

I recently got a bunch of metformin and was taking it pre-workout with my slin but read also that it was catabolic so I have been taking one before breakfast. Do you really think it can be catasbolic in the presence of hormones? How would it best be incorporated into a regimen?

Can lower bs

It was something else not sure. Maybe interfered with some sort of workout induced process. I really can't recall.

Energy source... I meant to say

I recently got a bunch of metformin and was taking it pre-workout with my slin but read also that it was catabolic so I have been taking one before breakfast. Do you really think it can be catasbolic in the presence of hormones? How would it best be incorporated into a regimen?

Just cycle the slin and metformin and carbs

Interesting thread fellas. No doubt the post diet rebound can be utilized. I think a cyclic approach to calorie surplus like mentioned here is the smartest approach for keeping body composition optimal and utilizing the great insulin sensitivity.

I take ALA, cinnamon extract with chromium and green coffee bean extract 20-30 min before carbs. I know this isn't the most optimal GDA stack but it's cheap and I didn't throw much at it. The green coffee bean is more for the post-prandial blood sugar spike after eating. It blunts it significantly and improves glucose metabolism. Noticed after being on gh a while I may be getting some blood sugar issues so this was a focus. Only taking 300mg standard ALA before each meal, not sure this is enough.

Ordered some metformin, debating on how to best use it. But I've read it's impact blows away most standard GDAs. Definitely some downsides to its use though. Would love some guidance/experience on metformin use.

Last edited:
I also read somewhere to avoid cinnamon pre workout. Not sure what the issue was

The level of toxicity for cinnamon is stupid high. But it does slow down gastric mobility. So if you take it pre workout everything sits in your stomach....not a goo feeling, and not helpful at this time.

No it doesnt directly, but increasing insulin sensitivity increases the bodies expedience to reach ketosis.
Ask any fat diabetic about what its like to be 'insulin resistant'

And what does this redundant statement even mean?

Amino acids will still be body's preferred amino acids

You know I have noticed you have a preponderance to try and contradict people. When you do next time please be a bit more concise.
I dont mind debate but Im not even sure what you point is.

The level of toxicity for cinnamon is stupid high. But it does slow down gastric mobility. So if you take it pre workout everything sits in your stomach....not a goo feeling, and not helpful at this time.

Toxicity from what? The compound itself or Contaminants (like heavy metals (i.e. Mercury)). I have heard this with GTE also. So you think cinnamon is even worth taking in light of superior GDA/glucose metabolism aids?

Cinnamon is like the number one ingredient in TN'S "proprietary blend" GDA product, probably primarily cinnamon, it's dirt cheap but one of the less impressive glucose metabolism compounds.

Last edited:
No it doesnt directly, but increasing insulin sensitivity increases the bodies expedience to reach ketosis.
Ask any fat diabetic about what its like to be 'insulin resistant'

And what does this redundant statement even mean?

Amino acids will still be body's preferred amino acids

You know I have noticed you have a preponderance to try and contradict people. When you do next time please be a bit more concise.
I dont mind debate but Im not even sure what you point is.

I think what he meant was amino acids, rather than glucose, will still be the body's preferred energy source.

I think what he meant was amino acids, rather than glucose, will still be the body's preferred energy source.

I missed his earlier post where he corrected himself, disregard.

Still under that notion thats like saying doing fasted cardio doesnt burn fat, because aminos are still the 'preferred source of fuel' therefore all you will burn is aminos during fasted cardio.
Not true.
Yes you will burn some aminos, but its not like pac man is going to be out there eating your muscles.
Not too mention MOST guys will be on some sort of AAS which have a ant-catabolic effect we know.
Pros far outweigh the cons for me, especially during high glucose times.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity