over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How common is DNP use?

Homonunculus..... how do you interpret what is being said here in this study?
Is turning off the androgen receptor signalling (in the prostate) a way of resensitizing the receptor to create a rebound effect? If so, and if this theory extends to the AR in muscle tissue.... wouldn't that make AAS much more effective while "on" DNP? or would turning off AR signalling make the AAS compound less effective because it won't accept the hormone into the receptor site?
What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Hey Bud,

I actually addressed this in my post.

The study showed:

1.) DNP deactivates the receptor. Interpretation: It makes AAS less effective when using DNP.

2.) When they removed DNP, there was no rebound. Interpretation: There is no benefit after using DNP in terms of AR activation.

-S

Im very interested in this. I've been using R pre workout for awhile now(admittedly longer than i should have without a break) and im thinking id like to take a two week break and run DNP at 200 mg nightly and see what this can do for helping with insulin sensitivity

Homonunculus..... how do you interpret what is being said here in this study?
Is turning off the androgen receptor signalling (in the prostate) a way of resensitizing the receptor to create a rebound effect? If so, and if this theory extends to the AR in muscle tissue.... wouldn't that make AAS much more effective while "on" DNP? or would turning off AR signalling make the AAS compound less effective because it won't accept the hormone into the receptor site?
What are your thoughts?

It also seems like turning off AR signaling in the prostate would be a benefit when running highly androgenic steroids like tren. I believe that's what SARMS do if I'm not mistaken (like RAD-140) - exhibit AR activity selectively in muscle tissue while not exhibiting it (or actually blocking it, in RAD-140s case) in tissues where it is not desirable like prostate.

It also seems like turning off AR signaling in the prostate would be a benefit when running highly androgenic steroids like tren. I believe that's what SARMS do if I'm not mistaken (like RAD-140) - exhibit AR activity selectively in muscle tissue while not exhibiting it (or actually blocking it, in RAD-140s case) in tissues where it is not desirable like prostate.

So you're saying that possibly DNP usage might help mitigate some of the sides (like prostate enlargement) while using tren?

So you're saying that possibly DNP usage might help mitigate some of the sides (like prostate enlargement) while using tren?

Based on the study, yes that's what I'm saying. If the AR receptor is turned "off" in the prostate, where will tren be able to bind to? (In the prostate)

Hey Bud,

I actually addressed this in my post.

The study showed:

1.) DNP deactivates the receptor. Interpretation: It makes AAS less effective when using DNP.

2.) When they removed DNP, there was no rebound. Interpretation: There is no benefit after using DNP in terms of AR activation.

-S

I'm trying to understand here. So despite the increase in insulin sensitivity from using DNP, there isn't any rebound effect from using AAS directly after?

I'm trying to understand here. So despite the increase in insulin sensitivity from using DNP, there isn't any rebound effect from using AAS directly after?

I need to do more research into this but from my understanding in regards to androgen receptor and reintroducing aas there is no rebound. If DNP has a similar effect on other androgen receptors (in muscle) then it could even negatively effect gains in regards to receptor sensitivity. Although that is just one study and it is just one mechanism of action. I think the fact it also helps you lose body fat and increase insulin sensitivity would be 2 major factors contributing towards post usage "rebound" gains.

DNP gets a lot of hate and I completely understand why but after my limited experience with it I can safely state it is one of the most effective things I have ever used. I would also recommend using it before bulking (with slin) phases too. I will be doing it myself before I bulk and reintroduce slin next (won't be until about Nov though).

Last edited:
Sorry for interrupting thread but Elvia I sent you a pm, would you get back to me when you have a chance? Thanks

Sorry for interrupting thread but Elvia I sent you a pm, would you get back to me when you have a chance? Thanks

Replied. Sorry we don't sell PGE-1 for micro penis but I will see if he can stock it.

:banghead: Damn I've been looking for it everywhere.... Let me know when you guys get some in :D

I just read the study, does anyone know or have knowledge on if the androgen receptors in a gland and a muscle respond the same? I just finished my 10 day 200mg DNP run to help resensitize my insulin receptors and I would think that if the steroid receptors in muscle tissue respond like that of the prostate like in the study then this would effectively help me respond even better to the AAS I'm currently on... I have done this 2 other times in this fashion and I did not really notice the same receptor rebounding effect like when I go off all AAS for 12 weeks.... If DNP does have this effect though maybe not to the same degree as coming off, it could possibly be used to help shorten the planned "off" time... I'm going to do some research on this and see if I can find anything on the similarities and differences in the receptors in the prostate and the muscle...
Little Slice, you have used DNP a lot bro....do you notice responding better to your gear after a run?

Hey bro,

First I want to thank you for posting this! It is the first time I have ever heard of dnp being run to increase insulin sensitivity. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Do you run 200mg ed or eod for the 10 days?

Does metformin not increase insulin sensitivity the way dnp does?

How often do you do something like this?

Do you adjust calories at all, or keep everything the same, except just add in dnp?

thank you!

I've utilized DNP more times than I care to admit ... Extended runs of 250-300mg .... Shorter stints at 300-600mg, etc. I've done it for 10+ weeks before whilst blasting slin/GH/tren and lower dose t3/t4. I seemed to grow better on 250mg DNP with this combo - had me stay fairly close to contest conditioning whilst putting on some solid tissue. I took a year break from DNP and just now am using it at 250mg ED for a brief run to assist with insulin sensitivity (and a few lbs of fat loss) im in prep and my slin sensitivty/resting BG was far too high and really fucking with the prep. Already positively seeing it help.

I think low dose DNP is the key. Less is more. 200-250mg for a few weeks = beautiful results and I can still function enough for work/etc.

Current stack for my prep:
1500mg tren e
300mg mast e
100mg winny ED
100mg var ED
75mcg t3 ED
1mg prami ED
120ncg clen ED (50mg benedryl ED for beta 2 receptors)
10-12iu log 2-3x per week
5iu black tops 5x a week
250mg DNP ED
800mg berberine 5x per week
1000mg TUDCA ED

I run it everynight before bed at 200 mg for 10 days for its resensitizing effects on the insulin receptor. Metformin is similar but is technically a glucose disposal agent and helps you utilize the carbs you consume when you take it. I like Metformin while dieting and DNP prior to an insulin cycle.
I do increase my calories to compensate for the increase in metabolic rate as losing bodyfat is not my priority at this time. I do this by adding in 2 regular Gatorade drinks for the electrolytes and 1 extra scoop of whey protien to my PWO shake, as well as an extra 2 tblsp of all natural peanut butter....this gives an extra 700 calories which I leave in after the DNP is discontinued because the Humalin R that I add in will help utilize these extra calories as I add them all between my pre/intra/post workout shakes.

I run it everynight before bed at 200 mg for 10 days for its resensitizing effects on the insulin receptor. Metformin is similar but is technically a glucose disposal agent and helps you utilize the carbs you consume when you take it. I like Metformin while dieting and DNP prior to an insulin cycle.
I do increase my calories to compensate for the increase in metabolic rate as losing bodyfat is not my priority at this time. I do this by adding in 2 regular Gatorade drinks for the electrolytes and 1 extra scoop of whey protien to my PWO shake, as well as an extra 2 tblsp of all natural peanut butter....this gives an extra 700 calories which I leave in after the DNP is discontinued because the Humalin R that I add in will help utilize these extra calories as I add them all between my pre/intra/post workout shakes.

Interesting. When you do this approach mostly for resensitizing the insulin receptors, do you also notice any fat loss despite the increase in calories?

It's not surprising that DNP would increase insulin sensitivity: It depresses energy status in the cell (that which is sensed by AMPK).

The study that was linked on the first page of this thread shows that DNP INACTIVATES the AR (rapidly!):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1153974/pdf/biochemj00362-0143.pdf

So, DNP would turn off AR signaling (at least in prostate), if that's what one is seeking, in order to create some sort of rebound effect (but I'm not seeing that the study above documents this possibility, as a finding was:

"After DNP was removed from the incubation medium, the level of the receptor complex recovered gradually to about the same level exhibited by the prostate that had been incubated in the absence of DNP for the same length of time.")

-S

We also have to bear in mind; that ex-vivo (incubated out side of living tissue) experiments do not reflect the exact events that happen within a living being, such as an in-vivo setting. I would suspect theres many differentials of action in cell cultured Androgen Response Elements (ARE) vs intact tissue (living) ARE.

Regarding HSP (heat shock proteins) as b_cornelius brought to light (thanks b :) ). In simple terms, increased ATP generation via DNP binds in abundance to HSP, thus supporting the function of the AR.

At least this is how my interpretation perceive it :)

Last edited:
How long were you able to see results at 400? Did you stop before you noticed more stalling of progress?

A month. Then I would increase dosage or attempt to adjust diet more accordingly. Eventually no matter what dose you're on when you get sub 10% it starts to feel like it takes forever even on DNP, to get lower. Being 6-7% takes a lot more, IMO, than just a large dose of DNP sitting around eating a normal diet. That's why my most successful cuts have not come from DNP but a combination of extreme dieting, AAS, and diet aids. DNP can get you close by itself though with enough time.

Based on the study, yes that's what I'm saying. If the AR receptor is turned "off" in the prostate, where will tren be able to bind to? (In the prostate)

I need to do more research into this but from my understanding in regards to androgen receptor and reintroducing aas there is no rebound. If DNP has a similar effect on other androgen receptors (in muscle) then it could even negatively effect gains in regards to receptor sensitivity. Although that is just one study and it is just one mechanism of action. I think the fact it also helps you lose body fat and increase insulin sensitivity would be 2 major factors contributing towards post usage "rebound" gains.

DNP gets a lot of hate and I completely understand why but after my limited experience with it I can safely state it is one of the most effective things I have ever used. I would also recommend using it before bulking (with slin) phases too. I will be doing it myself before I bulk and reintroduce slin next (won't be until about Nov though).

We also have to bear in mind; that ex-vivo (incubated out side of living tissue) experiments do not reflect the exact events that happen within a living being, such as an in-vivo setting. I would suspect theres many differentials of action in cell cultured Androgen Response Elements (ARE) vs intact tissue (living) ARE.

Regarding HSP (heat shock proteins) as b_cornelius brought to light (thanks b :) ). In simple terms, increased ATP generation via DNP binds in abundance to HSP, thus supporting the function of the AR.

At least this is how my interpretation perceive it :)

Several notions here.

This is one study in isolated rat prostate. It is by no means definitive, but the data do no support the notion of a DNP somehow causing an enhanced AR sensitivity or responsiveness. It does not preclude the possibility of such a thing happening either, under the right circumstances.

The issue is is simply that this particular (pasting in a link) does not support DNP as a means of increasing AR receptor action, as far as I can tell. I only stepped in here b/c the study was posted and then it seems as if no one was actually reading the study.

I think it makes sense to actually scrutinize supporting scientific evidence...

-------------

As far as using DNP to limit prostate-related issues, the same thing applies.

How would one target JUST the prostate when taking DNP? Also, this study doesn't suggest any differential regulation in prostate vs. sk. muscle as far as AR.

------------

So, if you look closely at this study - we're talking about a very acute effect here, not treatment with DNP over the course of days or weeks. So, really, this study doesn't hold much water in terms of external validity to the situation that someone using it would be in:

- Isolated tissue vs. whole body
- Prostate, not muscle
- Rodent, not human
- Acute vs. chronic

-----------

DNP is creating depressed energy status in muscle (depressed phosphorylation potential) - energetically speaking it's like doing cardio / increasing activity levels 24 / 7, which is inherently going to entail catabolic processes d/t the increased energy demands. It's not rocket surgery (yes, I said rocket surgery... LOL) to guess that muscle cells would be switched over to a catabolic process and anabolic processes would be limited, while using DNP.

-S

Interesting. When you do this approach mostly for resensitizing the insulin receptors, do you also notice any fat loss despite the increase in calories?
yes I do, but I have also been dropping a little bodyfat reguarly . I'm on extremely high calories and gear and gained 2 lbs during the DNP run while getting to 7% bodyfat at 246 this morning. I feel it is definitely selective in what type of fuel it burns and targets bodyfat first...at least when used in conjunction with high AAS doses and proper diet... that is just my experience. How else could one explain losing 1% bodyfat and gaining 2 lbs of bodyweight on 5500 cals per day.. This is nothing study related or backed up by text or citation... it's simply what happened to me over the last couple of weeks... for more details on what my gear usage and diet looks like check out my log in th Sponsor section.
Regarding the study posted... I dont think it shows anything all that valuable as far as how DNP effect the AR in the human muscle tissue.... I am glad it has been addressed and scrutinized here bc it was initially just posted as a statement about the AR that someones coach told them with no backing on a topic that I have been trying to find a solution to for years...

Last edited:
Detroit muscle.. maybe i did mosunderstand it but i know i definitely felt a differnce when i got back on my normal doses of test/tren/anavar/mastron/and insulin/gh the last 4 or 5 weeks clearly getting off the insulin/growth/and test the last 10 days before my show. I didnt look amazing but i also cheated on my diet too. I also didna 7 week prep and went from 12% bf to 6%

no, it was just that I go off for 12 full weeks in order to clean out the AR and it sucks... if there was a secret I was missing I had to investigate it further... It also just seemed like it was too similar to what DNP does for the insulin receptor and that maybe you just misunderstood.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner