Votes: 41 8.8%
  • 15-20 grams

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • 20+grams

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • None

Votes: 21 4.5%

• Total voters
I use Carlson's lemon flavored fish oild. I try and take a swig with every meal, so about 3-6g

It all depends on your diet and where you're getting your other fats from. So according to mine, I only take 3 grams fish oil a day plus 2600mg Evening Primrose Oil.

Wow I must really be undertaking the stuff, 600-1,200mg daily. I was just reading a few studies that showed impressive weight loss at 6g per day. Which had me curious enough to come search what is the proper dosage and found this thread.

As said above these studies were based towards weight loss. What is the positives to taking while bulking?

Thanks in advance

10g

as a competitive strongman I find this does helps my joints immensely!

I've been using 15-40 grams a day for 10 years. Joints feel good and skin does not dry out during the harsh winters. Might be overkill but Poliquin has recommended high doses and I've just kinda stuck with it over the years.

I bet your joints feel great. How does your cholesterol look?

What really matters is the total amount of EPA/DHA you are taking daily. Some cheaper brand fish oils may have a 1200mg of "fish oil" but only a couple of hundred mg of EPA/DHA. For some you may have to take 10-12gr of generic fish oil to get 2gr of EPA/DHA. But some of the better brands only 4-6gr can give you 3gr of EPA/DHA. As long as you are consuming 2-3g of EPA/DHA a day then you will get all the benefits from fish oils.

What really matters is the total amount of EPA/DHA you are taking daily. Some cheaper brand fish oils may have a 1200mg of "fish oil" but only a couple of hundred mg of EPA/DHA. For some you may have to take 10-12gr of generic fish oil to get 2gr of EPA/DHA. But some of the better brands only 4-6gr can give you 3gr of EPA/DHA. As long as you are consuming 2-3g of EPA/DHA a day then you will get all the benefits from fish oils.

You pretty summed up what I have been saying. Might as well spend the extra cash so you don't have to pop a ton of pills.

3 cans of Brunswick brand kippered snacks (sardines) daily. Not sure of the grams but I believe it is an adeqaute amount of fish oils.

Dont really have a set amount but use quite a lot. Just fill the bottle cap and drink it 2-4 x daily 10-20 grames, my joints and skin complexion thank me for it,and energy level. seem to get some body recomp to-almost like a poor mans gh

I prefer flax seed oil
4 tablespoons a day in my oatmeal. Gives it a buttery flavor too.
only pure and refridgerated

I took it regularly for years. One day I just stopped. I haven't experienced any noticeable effects, short or long-term (though that doesn't necessarily mean it didn't work). It's way overhyped in my opinion. :star-:ars

I took it regularly for years. One day I just stopped. I haven't experienced any noticeable effects, short or long-term (though that doesn't necessarily mean it didn't work). It's way overhyped in my opinion. :star-:ars

Are you sure you were taking enough? How many grams a day did you take and were you using a high quality brand with a lot of Omega 3's per serving or were you using low quality stuff?

For example, if you take **broken link removed**, you get 2.8g of omega 3s per teaspoon; if you take **broken link removed**, you get 1.6g of omega 3s per teaspoon; Nordic Naturals has 1.7g of omega 3s per serving; but lower quality generic cheap stuff you can buy in any store often have very low amounts of omega 3s, e.g. the stuff you can buy at Vitamin World has 300mgs of omega 3s per serving - at that rate, you'd have to take 10 caps to come close to the power that one teaspoon of Carlson's MedOmega has!

I generally do at least 10 grams per day. In the offseason I try to keep it around 20 grams. I sometimes try blasting at 30 grams a day following a mega dosing fish oil program... that usually lasts no longer than 4 weeks at a time.

BEAST

I generally do at least 10 grams per day. In the offseason I try to keep it around 20 grams. I sometimes try blasting at 30 grams a day following a mega dosing fish oil program... that usually lasts no longer than 4 weeks at a time.

BEAST

Do you find any noticeable effects when going from 10 grams to 20-40 grams?

Also, how much omega 3s do you get from using your 10 grams of fish oil?

I'm pretty new to fish oil how do you know you're getting a good brand, is there anything I should be looking for on the label or is this like protein where they'll say you're getting x amount of protein but it could be any blend unless you're getting it from the right spot.

I'm pretty new to fish oil how do you know you're getting a good brand, is there anything I should be looking for on the label or is this like protein where they'll say you're getting x amount of protein but it could be any blend unless you're getting it from the right spot.

When you're looking for fish oil, go with the product that has the most of the following: Omega 3 Fatty Acids, EPA, and DHA. The best I know of is **broken link removed**. Carlson is a good brand (highly respected business) and it is FDA-tested for contaminants. There are some other good products (e.g. Carlson Very Finest Fish Oil, Nordic Naturals, Twinlabs), but none of them match up to MedOmega when it comes to bang for your buck.

Do you find any noticeable effects when going from 10 grams to 20-40 grams?

Also, how much omega 3s do you get from using your 10 grams of fish oil?

I do notice a huge difference. I still get joint pain at 10 grams and upwards of 30 I have a LOT less joint pain. As for the EPA/DHA content... the website I used to get them from in bulk is no longer up and I don't have the COA from the batch anymore but I think it was bulknaturaloils.com possibly... Acutally if you go to the site now it says 18%/12% but I remember mine being alot more pure epa/dha back when I ordered them.

BEAST

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner