over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

life support......

Sure bro, will offer some advice if needed. Question for you bro - my mum has breast cancer. How can I be emotionally prepare when things start going downhill? I am just worry.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Im sorry to hear that bro. I've lost my grandma who is very dear to me. She died of colon cancer. Well, try spend good quality times with her. Talk and do things that makes both of you happy. When doing that, at ties you wont even realise that she has breast cancer and she dont even felt that sheis having it. When things go downhill. You and your mum will remember all the great and happy things that both of you had.

Sure bro, will offer some advice if needed. Question for you bro - my mum has breast cancer. How can I be emotionally prepare when things start going downhill? I am just worry.

Sorry to read this, brother.

Speaking from experience: understand exactly what you're limits are in helping out with your mum's care, etc. We're all constrained by other family, work, etc. Be clear with yourself and set realistic expectations about what you can and can't do - don't give yourself an opening to feel guilty and beat yourself up for not doing enough.

Within those limits, do whatever you can to help her out and bring her comfort. When in doubt, err on the side of just spending time with her.

My mother went through cancer at a late age, and became quite depressed. It was hard to hear her talk of wanting to end her own life, of going on hunger strikes to kill herself. But that's where her mind was at.

My thoughts are with you.

You guys are getting this and making me smile .......brick ....beautiful posts and sharing .....and fire ,as well as phat I commend you both....this what I am talking about ......so many people here can relate or help each other ......no one is alone in their troubles......pm brothers stick together ....and we live by the golden rule ," do unto other as you would do yourself " ....the ideal I want to pound in to guys here is .....sound mind ....sound body .....and that your body is the temple of your soul....take care of it and each other ......but I really hope you guys start to see the power in your hands in this thread ....you can learn community .....unconditional love .....and realise that all human being crave these things ,but they are just afraid .....so they act selfishly or hurt others to gain want they want ....but in the end people suck because of fear .....fear is a false emotion and it doesn't exist here in this thread .....because in this thread ......" All we need is Love "

well ok, i dont usually say much personally about myself on tha boards,but here goes,i really dont know if im looking for advice,words of wisdom or just someone that been in same situation, i was married for 14 years then got a divorce but i did not want a divorce so i went into depression for long time,im not talking about weeks im talking about 4 years,im had isolated myself for a great deal of that time,i just went to work,to the gym and home thats it for the most part, i dated a girl for a little while but we broke it off, now i find myself about to get into a relationship with a really good girl with a great layed back attitude but with everything that i went thru in the past im paranoid as hell about what will happen, and i dwell on everything that could possibly go wrong,and even tho i know it is done and over between myself and my ex i still have feelings for her :banghead:, i dont know it just hard to move foreward even after all this time.

j4 I have been there. Details a little different, I was actually a little glad not to be married to my ex. But the absolute heartache of not having all of my sons... I won't even say what I felt like doing. Others who had been through it told me more or less the same thing -- it will get better. Its hard to believe when you are in the middle of it, but I swear to you, it will get better. I am now coming up on 7 years of marriage to an incredible woman. We met when one of my sons came home from school and said he wanted to go over to "Johnny's" house. I said ok but I wouild like to meet his parents. Well, there was only one, and "Johnny" is now my stepson.

You don't have to see it getting better today to believe that will in the future. Remember that you were 100% responsible for your 50% of the past relationship. During this time of renewal for you, work on you. Take an honest assessment of what you would like to do or be differently, and act on that. This is an exciting time, if you think about it!

You guys are getting this and making me smile .......brick ....beautiful posts and sharing .....and fire ,as well as phat I commend you both....this what I am talking about ......so many people here can relate or help each other ......no one is alone in their troubles......pm brothers stick together ....and we live by the golden rule ," do unto other as you would do yourself " ....the ideal I want to pound in to guys here is .....sound mind ....sound body .....and that your body is the temple of your soul....take care of it and each other ......but I really hope you guys start to see the power in your hands in this thread ....you can learn community .....unconditional love .....and realise that all human being crave these things ,but they are just afraid .....so they act selfishly or hurt others to gain want they want ....but in the end people suck because of fear .....fear is a false emotion and it doesn't exist here in this thread .....because in this thread ......" All we need is Love "

Thats a great one, bro. Totally agreed.

well ok, i dont usually say much personally about myself on tha boards,but here goes,i really dont know if im looking for advice,words of wisdom or just someone that been in same situation, i was married for 14 years then got a divorce but i did not want a divorce so i went into depression for long time,im not talking about weeks im talking about 4 years,im had isolated myself for a great deal of that time,i just went to work,to the gym and home thats it for the most part, i dated a girl for a little while but we broke it off, now i find myself about to get into a relationship with a really good girl with a great layed back attitude but with everything that i went thru in the past im paranoid as hell about what will happen, and i dwell on everything that could possibly go wrong,and even tho i know it is done and over between myself and my ex i still have feelings for her :banghead:, i dont know it just hard to move foreward even after all this time.

It was 11-12 years for me bro. The thing that helped the most was finally forgiving my ex and then forgiving myself...it was only after doing that that I was able to let go of a lot of the fear, anger, and anxiety that I had carried forward from the divorce. Then with moving forward I found that it's hard to accept that somebody else can love you when you doubt yourself due to things that have happened in the past, but the past is gone and we have to let go of it if we want to live in the present....you just have to let go of the doubts and anxieties...sometimes you win, accept it, chances are pretty good that you're not as bad as you think you are. ;)

And this is a fantastic thread, keep it going! We're all in this together and can support each other through it. :)

BigChef

My brother BigChef....I lost my dad to cancer over 3 years ago. It left me and my family devastated. As I mentioned before he was truly a beautiful person and I have tears as a write this. You still have time and I don't know her prognosis but maybe she pulls out of this and survives. I hope that's the case. But do not waste any time, right now be her best friend. Spend as much time with her as possible. Talk,ask questions,go to lunch, go for walks.....do anything and everything with her.

Trust me...if you don't and she passes on you will regret it for the rest of your life. If she makes it you have built a bond both of you will never forget. Take it from me, I was in denial as my dads condition worsened and I didn't get to say and do everything I needed to do before he died. I miss him more then anything and hate myself for not always being there, I loved him so much but didn't show it enough.I cry every single day both for missing him and for so many regrets on my end. Do not make that mistake brother,please. I am here for you if you need to talk...

I think the thing to remeber is things allways get better. It the ability to see the light at the end of the tunnel that will help see you through. The best thing about feeling your worst or beeing at you lowest point is that one day things will get better. Look for impovment be open to new posibilities. Only you can make things better for you. I know that we all have the ability to be who we want or lead what ever life we want.
Loosing loved ones is one of the hardest things to go though just remeber the love that was there and that although you miss that person they can be with you in your heart forever. I know the pain and can only imigine the fear of knowing some one will soon pass.
Trusting new people in our lives can be extreemly difficult, all you can do with this is hope for the best , the good ones will shine through. If you dont keep an open mind youll never have a chance to see what could be, but also remember that not everyone we hope will be the one for us is.
I would like to thank Jay for his post .It only takes one person doing one thing to make this world a better place. It nice to see someone making a difference in so many peoples lives. Its funny to me that one of the few tuff guys left in the world can be so caring, compasionent, and giving to so many people. Take a bow brother your a good man.

wow ......the responses have been great thus far ........can you see the power in this ? Can you understand the concept of having a place to go at anytime to vent , ask for help , support , or ask questions? Do you see that you don't need to fear being judged ? That you can really be yourself and be open without restriction here .....if you fellas buy into this ......you can change the world and become better people yourselves.......now you have a place to help or give everyday ........and people that care and listen ......if you open up and trust the premise here ......there is power in numbers and community........and remember like the title of my book " Love Conquers all !"

Think about this .......most of you elite in some way ......you know what it is like to succeed and fail in the gym ......diet ....make sacrifice .....work through injury or illness......your brothers here our warriors ......they aren't just the average person [ nothing wrong with that btw ] , but being a warrior comes with courage .........and a fortitiude that most never develope.....the people here are special .....they deserve love ,help , and support .......and they can offer a wealth of knowledge as well as experience ......I plan on bringing in some female prespective to this thread soon as well ........so if you have some females friends or partners .....maybe you can tell them about this concept and getting on board ......we all deserve this......

Here is something I've been reading for years, I could probably recite it if I had to...it always helps anyone I share it with.

**broken link removed**

The seeds of success by Og Mandino.

Iron .....that is awesome.....thanks for sharing .....I enjoyed that ....I just assigned a friend to memorize that and I plan on doing so myself ...good stuff!!!

I'm definitely late into all of this, but BigChef, just be there for everyone; be strong for your mom and cherish every single moment with her. It's a good wake up call to stop taking advantage of the time we all have. It ain't much, but thats all the advice I can offer since I haven't been in that experience. :eek:

@J4ever, just take one step at a time. Be open, be honest. I have to say this to you brother-

If it is meant to be, then it is meant to be.

That statement always helped me in situations with doubt or fears.

Actually brothers, I could use some advice.

I'm a young and dumb 24 and happily married. :D We plan to have kids in the future; probably will start trying around 4-5 years. How much should I save up until then?

Seriously, I have no idea how much a kid could cost me in a year LOL.

what an amazing thread! its all too often us "big guys" act tough and emotionless but everyone needs someone. the earliest of our ancestors dating back to the beginning of our evolution have been found in fossils together. we needed each other then and we need each other now. thx for this thread. Im saddened to see the tradgedy that has struck some but happy there is a place for these things to be addressed and coped with.

I can chime in here. I lost my father to emphysema and lung cancer exactly 5 years ago. His condition really started getting bad five years before that. As a smoker his whole life, he had major trouble breathing and couldn't walk a few feet without feeling completely exhausted. Towards the end, he needed an oxygen tank (despite how badly he didn't want one due to his ego). The point being, his condition got progressively worse and worse. By the time he was in hospice care, I was a mess emotionally but I had already been mentally prepared. I knew his spirit was pretty much gone at that point. It was horrible seeing what was left of him in that bed. The thing about it being a progressive thing is that you are more and more prepared each and every day. By the time it finally happens, while it really stings, would have been much worse had it been a sudden thing that came out of nowhere.

I suggest reading what Baldnazi said about savoring every moment with her and appreciating everything. Make these hard times count. She will feel better emotionally, and so will you

bybon......my best advice would be for you and your wife [congrads btw] to start looking into some parenting classes together now [you can find them locally usually at jr college or rec center....if not ,there are plenty of resources on line].....the reason I say now , is that these classes will prepare you for the responsibility of being parents , give you some guidelines of how to do it well , help you understand the cost , and it will build that understanding between you both togehter ........Once educated ,it should be easy to calculate the costs for the say the first couple of yrs ......then If I were you and your wife I 'd just begin to start living as you already had those expenses......set the money for food , clothing, toys , schooling, and ins. away each month like you had a child now .....maybe things are tight now ,but this disipline will pay off later and build a trust and confidence between you and your wife that is imparitive when a child is added to the picture.......also .....work on making your wife feel loved and appreciated each and every day ......women are loving beings....they needed to be able to feel and give love every day .[ if they don't they will resent you and find it else where ] Work on listening and communication ......remember a marriage is a partnership that you form to make each other better,happier , and more productive human beings.....it is work .....and takes understanding and effort.....so dont be lazy .....ever !!!

great thread

j4...I wanted to leave you with this for now.....and it is important....read it over and over ......you can not change your past or control the future ......but you can choose to live right now in this very moment !!! Living in the presant is one of the keys to overcoming fear and anxiety......most people let worry and stress run their lives ......I would truely suggest ...before we go deeper into this .....to realise you must master your mind in order to heal ......have you tried meditation and yoga? If not you may really want to consider practicing both .....learning to breath and clear ones mind at will ....Will serve you well .....more than any drug or amount of muscle you can gain .....it is this control over breath and your thoughts that will offer you true power over your life .......happiness isn't gained from others[you can't control what someone else does, no matter how great you are ] ....it comes from within and it really is just a choice ....to remain presant ...you must gain control over your breath and thoughts .....live through thankful eyes ....truth is just ones prespective .....stay in the moment ....you aren't a victim.....live your life !!! So be the captin of your ship !!! We all have rough stuff happen to us ....people hurt or abuse us ....but how we deal with it is entirely up to us ....You are the captin of your ship so to speak ....." Life throws you lemons ....then make lemonaide"

Great advice Jason. I have a lot of work to do on myself, as this post
confirms and helps. Thanks my friend.

I have never considered myself a strong person, but living in the moment
as you say is the single most difficult thing I have ever attempted to do.

Mental stress / anxiety “kills,” and I am convinced that is harder on your
body than just about anything one can throw at it. I really feel for the
people that truly suffer; have lost a loved one, or are going through the
difficult times that personal relationship can and do bring, or financial
hardships that seem to be all too common during these difficult times
(when much of the forces are beyond our control). Human suffering is
not something that must be endured alone, but sadly, often is.

What find most interesting is that when one is feeling strong, in the moment
as you say, it is inconceivable to me that I could feel any other way, that the
dark cloud has passed, never to return and that I am healed. But when one is
not present for whatever reason and feeling the weight of the world upon ones
shoulders, it is equally inconceivable that one could ever feel “well” again,
that that dark skies that were once blue and streaming with warm and welcoming
sunlight, will ever return.

The mind is fickle beast, equally strong as it is both perplexing and bewildering.
To tame it sometimes seems to be a Herculean feat. But is can be done . . .
of that I am convinced.

I think the thing to remeber is things allways get better. It the ability to see the light at the end of the tunnel that will help see you through. The best thing about feeling your worst or beeing at you lowest point is that one day things will get better. Look for impovment be open to new posibilities. Only you can make things better for you. I know that we all have the ability to be who we want or lead what ever life we want.
Loosing loved ones is one of the hardest things to go though just remeber the love that was there and that although you miss that person they can be with you in your heart forever. I know the pain and can only imigine the fear of knowing some one will soon pass.
Trusting new people in our lives can be extreemly difficult, all you can do with this is hope for the best , the good ones will shine through. If you dont keep an open mind youll never have a chance to see what could be, but also remember that not everyone we hope will be the one for us is.
I would like to thank Jay for his post .It only takes one person doing one thing to make this world a better place. It nice to see someone making a difference in so many peoples lives. Its funny to me that one of the few tuff guys left in the world can be so caring, compasionent, and giving to so many people. Take a bow brother your a good man.

There are some real pearls of wisdom in this post Big C. Thanks for sharing.

Now . . . if I could only summon my fingers to write something helpful, useful
to add to this thread . . .

And not to forget BigChef (and others in need) . . . hang in there. Wish I had
a crystal ball or a magic wand, but since both seem to be in short supply now
a days, know that you have our, my support during this difficult time.

Sempre avanti.

bybon......my best advice would be for you and your wife [congrads btw] to start looking into some parenting classes together now [you can find them locally usually at jr college or rec center....if not ,there are plenty of resources on line].....the reason I say now , is that these classes will prepare you for the responsibility of being parents , give you some guidelines of how to do it well , help you understand the cost , and it will build that understanding between you both togehter ........Once educated ,it should be easy to calculate the costs for the say the first couple of yrs ......then If I were you and your wife I 'd just begin to start living as you already had those expenses......set the money for food , clothing, toys , schooling, and ins. away each month like you had a child now .....maybe things are tight now ,but this disipline will pay off later and build a trust and confidence between you and your wife that is imparitive when a child is added to the picture.......also .....work on making your wife feel loved and appreciated each and every day ......women are loving beings....they needed to be able to feel and give love every day .[ if they don't they will resent you and find it else where ] Work on listening and communication ......remember a marriage is a partnership that you form to make each other better,happier , and more productive human beings.....it is work .....and takes understanding and effort.....so dont be lazy .....ever !!!

Thanks for the advice. I don't know if we have to use classes because we are close to our relatives, thus we could get advice from them (want to come to Sunday Supper?). It's great being old fashioned and living in a town of 2500, especially when it comes to advice for raising kids.

Speaking of being old fashioned, we have no problem budgeting like you suggest. Hell, the city is 45 minutes away, so it is a very easy choice to decide on staying home, have the wife cook, watch a movie and watch the sun set on the fields. ;)

Thanks for the reminder on the love part. Call me old fashioned, but marriage is fucking awesome. Sadly, sometimes life's stupid shit makes me forget to calm down and show love and attention to my wife. Again, thanks for the reminder.

Wish us kids luck!:D

PS To make everyone jealous, the family Sunday Suppers (seriously, its a weekly family get-together) include meats (from steak or pot roast to fried pork chops or ribs), corn bread, turnip greens, green beans, fried green tomatoes, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, spinach, spinach cassarole, twice baked potatoes, corn, beans, gravy, rolls, pecan pie, banana pudding...Grab ya a plate! :cool:

alfresco.....just remember what you have been enduring is not real ......it is your mind playing tricks on you and manisfesting in a physical manner........through this understanding and the use of breath control ......and simple auto -focus or meditation you can conquer this anxiety .......I promise .....you may want to look into simple hypnosis as well ......you need to create trigger that when you start drifting out of the moment that you will be able to breath through ,clear your mind , and find the presant once again ......I believe for you at this time .....these techniques should be the number one focus in your life .....and I have no doubt if you trust my words and go for it you will defeate this once and for all I have zero doubts ......not at all .....it will be just like training ....you will have to work hard , be consist , have vision , and take the pain .....but if you do my friend .....you will get your life back and be free of this .....promise !!!.......Btw thanks for sharing your beautiful pics with me .....not are you talented and smart .....but you are amazing kind loving person that I am glad that I crosses paths with .......not get serious bro .....kick this things butt.....it isn't not real ....fear is something that hasn't happened yet ......fuck fear !!!.....Be YOU !!!.....love ya ....be well ....live better

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member