advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Supplements for health. I want to add more but what?

Vitamix makes smoothies, not juice. It still has the fiber. Juicers remove the fiber. Both are healthy for different reasons.

Did not know that, interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

Hardly any supplements are needed if you consume a total of seven to ten servings of fruits and vegetables per day (a serving is one cup raw or half cup cooked) and consume fatty fish and/or nuts and seeds several times per week. It's very easy to get enough.

True, but to be honest, myself and people that use PEDs, would rather take those supplements to help prevent any possible diseases as best I can.

And I don't believe its very easy to get as much from food.

1 Orange has 70mgs of vitamin c so to get 500mgs of vit-c from an orange I would need 7 oranges a day so that means almost 100 grams of fructose (sugar) a day.

True, but to be honest, myself and people that use PEDs, would rather take those supplements to help prevent any possible diseases as best I can.

And I don't believe its very easy to get as much from food.

1 Orange has 70mgs of vitamin c so to get 500mgs of vit-c from an orange I would need 7 oranges a day so that means almost 100 grams of fructose (sugar) a day.

Lots of sources of vitamin C, for example peppers/chillis, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, peas, papaya, cauliflower and strawberries. Just to name a few, could type all day. But it's also about the other good things in those foods as well.

Lots of sources of vitamin C, for example peppers/chillis, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, peas, papaya, cauliflower and strawberries. Just to name a few, could type all day. But it's also about the other good things in those foods as well.

I agree 100% whole foods are way better than taking pills.
But for convenience Ill stick with the supps. Also as bodybuilders most of us eating quite a bit of veggies/greens, which tend to fill ppl up to much. I would rather eat a cup of broccoli with a meal and take a supp than chowing down on greens and fruits all day, killing my appetite and adding unwanted cals.
I used vit-c and oranges as an example as I can go all day as well listing the foods and sugars etc...

I agree 100% whole foods are way better than taking pills.
But for convenience Ill stick with the supps. Also as bodybuilders most of us eating quite a bit of veggies/greens, which tend to fill ppl up to much. I would rather eat a cup of broccoli with a meal and take a supp than chowing down on greens and fruits all day, killing my appetite and adding unwanted cals.
I used vit-c and oranges as an example as I can go all day as well listing the foods and sugars etc...

I concur :fo:d-smil

<-----Im going to get off this thread before I post LOL (I could post all day on this topic but my wife just called and said "get home" because its 8 oclock at nite and im still at the office working.)

I thought you were going to come back to this thread ;)

I added a few more supps to the arsenal.

I read Hawaiian Astaxanthin works well for adrenal support as that is a big one for me so I picked some up as well as humanofort, ashwagandha and fulvic acid to go with my ubiquinol. I also got some SamE but I'm a little unsure if I should use it as it says not to if your on any ssri type stuff and I'm in lexapro, lamictal and abilify.

Poliquin suggests 4 Grams of magnesium for men. I have been taking that for over a year now. Definitely helps sleep.

I read Hawaiian Astaxanthin works well for adrenal support as that is a big one for me so I picked some up as well as humanofort, ashwagandha and fulvic acid to go with my ubiquinol. I also got some SamE but I'm a little unsure if I should use it as it says not to if your on any ssri type stuff and I'm in lexapro, lamictal and abilify.

I have taken bioastin Hawaiian astaxathin 12 mg pills on & off for long time . never felt anything . hope it did good to me inside . with this dose 1 tab a day is plenty , tub has 50 gel caps so good 50 days supply. I still buy it every now & then

Astaxanthin is a must for me. Been on it over a year from life extension

Great topic, tons of articles and other threads but I for one appreciate restarting threads like this to keep everyone refreshed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poliquin suggests 4 Grams of magnesium for men. I have been taking that for over a year now. Definitely helps sleep.

Yeah I have been hearing a lot about magnesium 400-800mg but I think I need a lot more At 250lbs

Astaxanthin is a must for me. Been on it over a year from life extension

Not human what do u EXACTLY feel on it mate ? I felt nothing on bioastin brand which is suppose to be really really good from Hawaii . I might try LE brand . how many mg is per gelcap ? Bioastin is massive 12 mg per day per gel cap . cheers

Not human what do u EXACTLY feel on it mate ? I felt nothing on bioastin brand which is suppose to be really really good from Hawaii . I might try LE brand . how many mg is per gelcap ? Bioastin is massive 12 mg per day per gel cap . cheers

I actually started using Bio Astin brand an then switched for no other reason than I trust the LE brand. To be honest, I take so many health supps, most of which I started using around the same time, so I don't know what I "feel" on it. I don't really care much if I don't feel anything, the studies and research show so many positive benefits and it's not too expensive so I feel it's irresponsible for me to use lol. Side note, it's a Dante recommended supp so that should count for something too in my book, considering all the time he spends researching this stuff.

I actually started using Bio Astin brand an then switched for no other reason than I trust the LE brand. To be honest, I take so many health supps, most of which I started using around the same time, so I don't know what I "feel" on it. I don't really care much if I don't feel anything, the studies and research show so many positive benefits and it's not too expensive so I feel it's irresponsible for me to use lol. Side note, it's a Dante recommended supp so that should count for something too in my book, considering all the time he spends researching this stuff.

I am like you in that sense. I felt why not for £17 approx , 50 gel caps , 50 days supply. I take a ton of stuff so who knows what is doing what . only one I feel is curcumin meriva phytosome Dr best ( this has sneaked in and climbed to the top as my no 1 health supp). Left elbows issues gone finished over in 8 days mark , thus was months and months ago. Fucking drug like. I still mega dose it 4 pills a day. Not doing anything for my current shoulder though so I am bit disappointed oh well never mind . I can't thank this supp enough for fixing my elbow.

I stop astaxantin for few months and then when Amazon prices drops by few percent I buy against . supplement whores we are proper ones lol

Very odd I read all Dante's stuff and take a lot supp he recommends. I can't remember he mentioning astaxanthin. Memory lapse may be I saw but don't remember now. I will search and find what Dante says about astaxanthin. Cheers mate

Last edited:
I would suspect you guys are taking your astaxantin with a high fat meal?

If not, I'd recommend it.

Sometimes but not 100% of the time. Thanks for the tip.

Yes mate I always took it with a five whole large egg meal or with the meal where I have 20 GM's unpasteurised butter on two toasts :) . never took it with any other meal. thank u

Matey u ever taken LE two per day caps , 120 caps high potency muti Vit and mineral supplement as u like LE . I am currently taking nature s way alive ! Whole food energiser multi without added iron but might be changing . tempted to try LE product

How do you guys feel about SamE

And how about vitamin k

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216