mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Supplements for health. I want to add more but what?

transdermal magnesium gel is another great way to get lots of magnesium w/o dealing with gastrointestinal issues..

not a big fan of the oil but the gel is great (ancient minerals). I don't apply it religiously but when I do, I do about the whole body & that's easily 3g+ of elemental magnesium.
breathing is always much easier immediatly afterwards..feel lots of good things, more effect the more I take (used to do less but experienced more effect the more i put on so eventually became the whole body).

I'm curious as well about how much magnesium people are using. I've only been using 350mg nightly. It's magnesium carbonate powder garden of life called "relax and restore whole food magnesium."

This is the first I've heard of people using high doses. I do consume quite a bit of caffeine and this flushe's magnesium out of the body.

Supplementing with magnesium and vitamin d made an amazing impact on how I felt on a daily basis. Everyone needs to to using these if they aren't already.

big fan of higher dose mg.
for my reasons higher dose helps.
i try to remember to take it 3x ed so in reality anywhere from 1-3 but if im paying attention its 3

500-1gish, i just use a spoon n bag o powder
mag taurate is what i use.

for ppl with autoimmune issues and cns support the higher dose helps:lightbulb:

transdermal magnesium gel is another great way to get lots of magnesium w/o dealing with gastrointestinal issues..

not a big fan of the oil but the gel is great (ancient minerals). I don't apply it religiously but when I do, I do about the whole body & that's easily 3g+ of elemental magnesium.
breathing is always much easier immediatly afterwards..feel lots of good things, more effect the more I take (used to do less but experienced more effect the more i put on so eventually became the whole body).

epsome salt baths are good old school mg sup...
gotta really load up the tub n squeeze into it for 30+ mins but... kinda nice. lol

big fan of higher dose mg.
for my reasons higher dose helps.
i try to remember to take it 3x ed so in reality anywhere from 1-3 but if im paying attention its 3

500-1gish, i just use a spoon n bag o powder
mag taurate is what i use.

for ppl with autoimmune issues and cns support the higher dose helps:lightbulb:

What type of magnesium do you use for higher doses?

I take a lot of supplements for health. My wife thinks I'm crazy because my calendar is filled with supplements but I feel they all have good benefits and I don't mind taking 10,000 pills daily. Here's what I currently take I'm wondering what else I should add to build as it tends to be on the weaker side. I'm going to try adding kratom since I hear it is amazing for health and I'm going to also add Matcha or Japanese green tea. I believe they are similar but different so I'm not sure which to use between the matcha or Japanese green tea.

This is what I currently take:
Multi 3x daily(not a once per day multi)
Turmeric 1500mg
Hawthorn berry 1500mg
Magnesium 400mg with last meal
Fish oil 3G 2x daily
Vit C 1g 3x daily
D-aspartic 3G
D3 10,000iu daily
Ala 300mg 2-3x daily
Fenugreek
Milk thistle
Liv 52
TDUCA 500mg 3x daily
Ubiquinol
Baby aspirin
MSM
Green tea extract
Organic greens
Morning- lemon with ACV

I used to go over the top like this…if not more, spending $1,600 a month. I can't believe a wasted such hard earned money.

I used to go over the top like this…if not more, spending $1,600 a month. I can't believe a wasted such hard earned money.

Well back when I first started lifting I wasted $$ on a huge arsenal of useless shit like biotest’s M, hmb, all the otc supp fads,etc.. but now I don’t consider this a waste as nothing is a waste when it comes to your health. But I agree not everything is needed for the average joe.

What type of magnesium do you use for higher doses?

mag taurate
there was a big long thread about mg, where knight9 n i go into a bunch o detail on it.

fyi i used to spend a lot of money on sups too. now its more bang for buck.
the mg is a staple for ever
a kg lasts...what 3-5 years? lol less then 100 bucks n forget it:lightbulb:
minerals are cheap and often lacking.
:D

I take at least that many supplements a day and have for a couple decades but it doesn't cost me any where near that amount of money. How many people here spend hundreds of dollars a month or more for AS, HGH etc. and all the other things to counter act the effects of those drugs. And it really isn't going to make you any more healthy and will most likely shorten the life span if used long enough. But if some one thinks some thing they are doing to themselves is worth while then it really isn't a waste I guess.

I'm confused by this too. The only supplement that is even kind of expensive that I'd say is a necessity is Ubiquinol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm confused by this too. The only supplement that is even kind of expensive that I'd say is a necessity is Ubiquinol.

ubiqunol is not expensive as such. 36 odd pounds for a bottle of swanson kaneka ubiquunol 100 mg x 120 gel caps. i run 200 mg so 2 caps a day last me 2 months so about 18 pounds a month.

200 mg is a decent dose for anyone.

bet its even cheaper in uncle Sam's land.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

x2

I used to take a ridiculous amount of supplements and I doubt it was even a 1/4 of $1600. Even if he added in all the hbcd's, aminos, pre workouts, wheys etc $1600 is a ridiculous amount of money on supplements. It's true some of the hard hitters are expensive but as Dev pointed out you are talking about $20-50 per month for those.

Can't put a price on health

This doesn't apply to this group, but I've heard that so many "spend their health chasing money when they're younger only to have to spend their money chasing health later in life."

Very true plus everyone has a different budget and views on value for money. But do you honestly think taking $1600 of supplements per month is healthy? Now if this was some special treatment in a world class (expensive) clinic were they inject you with various vitamins and anti-oxidants for $1000 a time then sure that is gtg. But spending $1600 on store bought supplement tubs per month is excessive. It's like stating cardio is healthy for you so I will run 30 miles a day :D Silly example but you get the point.

Sometimes guys assume if it is herbal it can't be bad for you but taking excessive supplements can be bad for you. It may be good for you too. But $1600 per month is excessive. I can take top brands of krill oil, ubiquinol, citrus bergamot, vitamin d, vitamin k2, multivitamin, acai, green powder, synthergine, garlic, carditone, eyebright etc etc and it is a fraction of $1600. Everyone requires different things but surely 10-15 top brand (life extension etc) supps per day is a lot and excessive in it's own right. Perhaps when/if he outlines what he actually used it will explain things more though.

I am not here to tell people what to do. If people are happy then go for it and take what you want. But some guys are on approx 30 supps per day. It's best to be safe but when you are popping 50-100 tabs per day you have gone way over the top imo. It's easily done though as at one time I was doing the same. Supps have so many benefits you add and add and it's hard to take away once you have used for a few months. The list gets bigger and then you hear about the new anti-oxidant 50x stronger than vitamin c or the new herb that will lower LDL by 30% :eek::D

Last edited:
Very true plus everyone has a different budget and views on value for money. But do you honestly think taking $1600 of supplements per month is healthy? Now if this was some special treatment in a world class (expensive) clinic were they inject you with various vitamins and anti-oxidants for $1000 a time then sure that is gtg. But spending $1600 on store bought supplement tubs per month is excessive. It's like stating cardio is healthy for you so I will run 30 miles a day :D Silly example but you get the point.

Sometimes guys assume if it is herbal it can't be bad for you but taking excessive supplements can be bad for you. It may be good for you too. But $1600 per month is excessive. I can take top brands of krill oil, ubiquinol, citrus bergamot, vitamin d, vitamin k2, multivitamin, acai, green powder, synthergine, garlic, carditone, eyebright etc etc and it is a fraction of $1600. Everyone requires different things but surely 10-15 top brand (life extension etc) supps per day is a lot and excessive in it's own right. Perhaps when/if he outlines what he actually used it will explain things more though.

I am not here to tell people what to do. If people are happy then go for it and take what you want. But some guys are on approx 30 supps per day. It's best to be safe but when you are popping 50-100 tabs per day you have gone way over the top imo. It's easily done though as at one time I was doing the same. Supps have so many benefits you add and add and it's hard to take away once you have used for a few months. The list gets bigger and then you hear about the new anti-oxidant 50x stronger than vitamin c or the new herb that will lower LDL by 30% :eek::D

Well I don’t know who is paying $1600 a month for supplements. As much as I take, I’m not even close to that much.

Well I don’t know who is paying $1600 a month for supplements. As much as I take, I’m not even close to that much.

That's what I meant. I know you use loads of supps and I bet you are not even close to half of that.

lol
i used to eat 50-100 caps ed!:eek:
now i just go the .. "clinic" route!!:lightbulb::love::love::love::D
far more efficient!
:sta:-wars

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members