mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Things you would change if you could go back (PEDs )

What are some things that you would change as far as using PEDS if you could go back in time ? I wish I would’ve blasted/cruised instead of doing short bullshit cycles and then using a shitty pct and loosing most of my gains during the pct. Also I would’ve started running gh a lot sooner than I did (it’s def a game changer). My biggest regret though is starting too young. If I could go back I would’ve waited til I was a few years older.

How old were you when you started?

I began PED use with heavy orals like superdrol and epistane and would run bottles back to back - really at a time I had absolutely no place doing so.

I think the most important aspect other than health would be, being financially well off when beginning bodybuilding - I think alot of young guys start bodybuilding unaware of the real costs. Food/gear/taking care of yourself is not cheap and it only grows to be more expensive

If I could go back I could have avoided gynecomastia surgery (twice) because of what I know now!
I would have put off using PEDS a few years longer.
I would have competed in powerlifting first then transitioned to BBing.
I would have used far fewer orals.
Did you have complications or scar tissue? You are probably the first person I have heard say that they regretted getting it done so curious if you don’t mind sharing.

Did you have complications or scar tissue? You are probably the first person I have heard say that they regretted getting it done so curious if you don’t mind sharing.
Maybe he’s just saying he regrets not taking the proper precautions to prevent gyno so he wouldn’t have had to get the surgery Idk. I can tell you getting gyno surgery was some of the best money I’ve ever spent !

Maybe he’s just saying he regrets not taking the proper precautions to prevent gyno so he wouldn’t have had to get the surgery Idk. I can tell you getting gyno surgery was some of the best money I’ve ever spent !
Same. If you had of asked me last November when I developed double hematomas I may have said otherwise. But on the other side now I wish I’d done it sooner.

Mine was very minor, but the head judge told me at my last show I should take care of it before hopping on a national stage. So it was taken care of.

I agree about the diet. No doubt. I get approached all too often by young dudes and the first thing they say is “I’m trying to get like you bro what do you take” ? I ask them to slow down for a second and tell me what they eat. When they tell me what they eat 9/10 times I’m like well that’s yours problem. Eat more food, get your diet down pat consistently.
So is it a matter of what or how much they’re eating that holds them back? Is protein intake something you think is often over or under looked?

So is it a matter of what or how much they’re eating that holds them back? Is protein intake something you think is often over or under looked?
Imo it’s a matter of both! What their eating and not getting in enough calories. And yes imo protein is overlooked a lot !! Lots of new guys especially think they are eating enough protein til you ask them to really add up how many grams they are taking in.

Imo it’s a matter of both! What their eating and not getting in enough calories. And yes imo protein is overlooked a lot !! Lots of new guys especially think they are eating enough protein til you ask them to really add up how many grams they are taking in.

Lot of buzz from evidence based influencers about low protein the last few years.

People are trying to get away with very low protein totals.

Yeah that makes sense, do you subscribe to the popular belief that 1g/lb is sufficient for growth or perhaps guys especially on gear would benefit even more from say 1.5-2g/lb? I’m with the latter group. For the longest time I believed the hacks on YouTube underselling protein importance until I experimented myself and noticed dramatic differences in gains and even fat loss

Yeah that makes sense, do you subscribe to the popular belief that 1g/lb is sufficient for growth or perhaps guys especially on gear would benefit even more from say 1.5-2g/lb? I’m with the latter group. For the longest time I believed the hacks on YouTube underselling protein importance until I experimented myself and noticed dramatic differences in gains and even fat loss
Well I’ve always done good on 1g/lb. I know a lot of guys will say that isn’t optimal but it works for me

Are you referencing gear earlier, if so how do you believe it would have been very different? Personal curiosity.

Of course not using gear right on day 1 I started benching my first barbell, haha. But I often wonder what would have happened if I had jumped on after 3-4 years of good progression, around my early/mid twenties. I just have not much time left pushing really for size, I started too late. Just a question of time.

Imho the 20s to mid 30s are just the prime time for bodybuilding, for really growing huge. It takes time, a lot of food, training, gear etc - and a body that can withstand that beating. Doing that insane stuff now in my 40s is just not the same. I can always improve of course, but I mean really getting big, like being a contender for the top IFBB Pro Shows.

I started in the 1990s so very different then. Low availability, expense, knowledge was duchaine's book and that's it, no internet in early days etc.. Just to frame.

1) took higher doses and stayed on longer
2) used more test/deca as my buddy could clean out an entire local pharmacy (never asked) so I could get as much of that as I wanted.
3) focused on big compounds from day 1 and found a decent OL coach for PL crew sooner
4) we had no pct back then and Ai didn't exist. Was nolva but never really had issues or major sides. Hair was going to go anyway.
5) I don't get much from GH up to 4-5iu daily even as an older guy. Wish I did. I've also never used insulin with it so not in those camps. I do want to try GH on a MWF schedule that many have talked about recently.

All that said at the end of the day it wouldn't have made much difference except in personal achievement. I'm a decent enough athlete but for pure strength sports I'm not ideal (had friends who were). I'm also tall so I'd need to weigh 300-350 and screw that. Above 260 I lose some general athleticism and trade it linearly for strength. Meh. I had fun, enjoyed the ride, still doing okay, and continue to enjoy camaraderie of friends and online. A few friends aren't with us anymore so I prioritize quality of life, enjoyment, etc...

As everyone else has said- hands down use HGH sooner.

For guys in general- don’t rush to go on gear until you know the outcomes.

My gym could employ a full time urologist to fix all the 20 year olds who went straight to test and tren and months later can’t get their wife or gf pregnant. 🤷‍♂️
I hope no 20 year old is trying to get their gf pregenent 😂.

I wouldn't do tren, I wish I never touched it!🙁
It’s overrated and neurotoxic which would explain half the brain damaged idiots around here. Hopefully Tren didn’t turn you into a wild rabid dog like the rest of them.

It doesn’t help that we have CBUM, Claurida and Derek all having a kid coming off last years Olympia. 😂 paints a different picture.

These guys either had their sperm frozen as at 15 or Hany has one hell of a fertility protocol we don’t know about. LOL
Ho do you know ‘it’ did not come from a donor?

What do you guys think about justin harris saying that usually when bodybuilders start pushing and abusing the gh, they have a 10 tear count before starting to look bad. The forearms and quad sweep starts to look bad.
Ronnie coleman Started pushing in 98 when he started working with chad, he said chad doublled his gear usage. In 2006 he lost and was looking worse and worse. Same with Jay from 2001 to 2011, Dorian from maybe 90 or 91 to 97, phil heath from 2011 to 2018, Big Ramy from 2013 to 2022, and many others.

What do you guys think about justin harris saying that usually when bodybuilders start pushing and abusing the gh, they have a 10 tear count before starting to look bad. The forearms and quad sweep starts to look bad.
Ronnie coleman Started pushing in 98 when he started working with chad, he said chad doublled his gear usage. In 2006 he lost and was looking worse and worse. Same with Jay from 2001 to 2011, Dorian from maybe 90 or 91 to 97, Big Ramy from 2013 to 2022, and many others.
Idk but they have some big ass heads and faces for being really lean so there may be some truth to that

Ho do you know ‘it’ did not come from a donor?
Honestly that was the third option I considered. But a lot of guys are not ok with that.

I am legit curious as this is the top Olympia winners all around the same time, two under Hany and Shaun has become close with him and doing content and training together.

They have all been on cycle since teens, they certainly haven’t come off long enough (likely not at all) to do traditional HCG/HMG.

So they all were the smartest young teens and froze their sperm (unlikely) or as you said they all used donors. But Hany is known for his top secret methods. 😂

My wife and I are looking at kids in the next few years so may have to hit one of them up and ask. Lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Beans12
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131