over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on working out at 5am

I wish i could make myself do this working a manual labor job from 7-330 and then working out sucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The times I've trained at 5am I feel weak and nauseas but afterwards I feel energized and happy all day.

Your body adapts to any time. Time doesn't matter just get that work in

I wouldn't mind it if I was training fasted to cut some fat and just sip aminos, but I prefer training in the evening after I have been eating all day.

I like being stronger, hydrated, and full with better pumps. Rather than weak and flat, but I suppose I would adjust.

I agree with some others on here, as much as I have tried to work out early, I just can't get going. If I leave work and go straight to the gym, I am ready and pumped for a good work out from wanting to kill all the morons I work with.

On days I don't work out or if I take a week off, I always go do cardio in the am. Cardio I can do, its the lifting that I can't just get into at 5am

As you get older, You may prefer sleeping after eating All Day.

Just cant imagine lifting w- a Bag of Food in my Billie!

I never felt as good in early AM sessions as I did in late afternoon or evening sessions after work. I would fatigue sooner in the AM too and I felt weaker. One benefit of early AM training is if you did it fasted and were looking for maximal fat loss. This would be ideal. But I always felt like crap too.

I don't mean to say there is a "best" time as that's purely preference. You can build the same physique with AM or PM. But the science does support the idea that your body is more "primed" for weight training toward the afternoon/evening.

1. In the AM, your core temp is lower. As you know, a lower body temp means stiffer body/muscles, etc. Your hydration is also sub-optimal. To me, these two things can pose a higher risk of injury.
2. Body temp typically increases as the day progresses (as does hydration). Muscle strength and endurance are considered to peak in the late afternoon, when body temperature is highest.
3.The afternoon is also (typically) when reaction time is quickest and heart rate and blood pressure are lowest - all of this can combine to increase performance marginally. Racinais S. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports, 2011, Feb.;20 Suppl 3():1600-0838.
4. Cortisol is at its peak in the morning. Cortisol + fasted state = a more catabolic environment.
5. [Applies to McNatties only] Male body produces more testosterone during late afternoon resistance training than it does during morning workouts. Hayes LD, Bickerstaff GF, Baker JS. Chronobiology International, 2010, Oct.;27(4):1525-6073.
6. Gays typically prefer Early AM workouts.

Despite all the brolore and broscience, the hard studies clearly lean one way. Here is yet more recent research on this age old question.

Combination of strength training and cardio: workout at the end of the day results in more endurance capacity and muscle growth.

http://www.ergo-log.com/combination...ay-more-endurance-capacity-muscle-growth.html

If you do strength training because you want to build muscle, then working out early in the evening is a better time than in the morning. We've posted links to studies that have shown this at the bottom of the page. And if you combine strength training with cardio training, early evening workouts also result in more muscle growth than morning workouts, report Finnish sports scientists in Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism.

By no means would I say you cant be a big shredded dude with AM workouts, I know many. It really boils down to preference but there is real science that does point to afternoon/evening being optimal.

Last edited:
Despite all the brolore and broscience, the hard studies clearly lean one way. Here is yet more recent research on this age old question.

Combination of strength training and cardio: workout at the end of the day results in more endurance capacity and muscle growth.

http://www.ergo-log.com/combination...ay-more-endurance-capacity-muscle-growth.html

By no means would I say you cant be a big shredded dude with AM workouts, I know many. It really boils down to preference but there is real science that does point to afternoon/evening being optimal.

I can definitely go harder if I get the chance to work out later in the day. I have no choice but to workout within an hour of waking do to my schedule. For the most part I adjusted well but there are some days when I'm just not with it. On my days off I usually work out later and I can no doubt lift heavier and for longer.

I do mine at 4:45 am 5 days a week.

The studies I have seen show mens strength peaks around mid afternoon. But I have worked out early and made good gains. It may not be preferable, but you do what you need to do.

I worked out fasted, and with 5 meals in me.

Strength and the energy stayed the same; but the pump was different

Takes time to get adjusted but soon you'll just start waking up on your own

To add a good thing is when you need a day off it really shows especially with am training...

Like everyone said, you'll get use to early morning lifting. Im up at 4am lifting M-F before work at 7. The military will prime you for that kind of shit. Lifting before you have to do your death runs

Body adapts and that's a good thing. Sometimes I work out at 3am, sometimes at 5am... depends on situation. With a small dose of human grade hgh workout at any time is possible and profitable:p:p:p

I been on both sides of that coin i use to train 4am then go to work,now i gotta kid its been 1 year already and i have nt gotten back to the am if i get up so does my little one so i go later about 930-10pm there are pros and cons yo both times.i perfer mornings

Sent from my SM-G920T using Professional Muscle mobile app

Used to train strictly evenings for years. The past 2 have been mostly early morning before work...like many have said the body adapts.

I like the benefits of an empty gym, training fasted, and getting the workout out of the way.

The evening workouts are better only in a sense that the gym is usually loaded with hot ladies in yoga pants. Also you get the "looks" from people when you train in the evening with a packed house.

I prefer early morning, get it done and have the rest of the day. A good preworkout with protein and super carb is great to keep you going

If you lift first thing in the morning, you need to spend a LOT of time warming up. The fluid in your discs within your back will not be warm due to your body temp usually dropping 1 degree or more when sleeping. Make your compound movements third.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131