over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on working out at 5am

Maybe with serious stims and a power rack in my house. I wake up feeling very stressed that early no matter what. I usually can lift till the evening or night.

The timing works out well for me but the body....specifically the spine....does not approve. I have hurt my low back twice very badly during early morning workouts. Once was squatting and once while doing bent rows. I have read it has something to do with the spine absorbing fluids during sleep making it more vulnerable to injury. Here is a link (not sure how accurate, but based on anecdotal evidence I agree).

Morning Exercises for Fluid in the Spinal Discs | LIVESTRONG.COM

I can only get good workouts after 4-5 meals which means training after 6pm. Training early in the day also ruins the whole day as I'm tired after the workout.

Workout -> eat -> straight to bed = best results

I use to abhore the thought of am training

But I got a wife and 3 kids and a busy full time job so its a necessity for me to be the dad I want to be to get in and get done early

I have to say I love it now and intra workout nutrition is a godsend for me

No radical diff in strength either
Stronger and bigger than ever

I do a pre workout

And 50-100 carbs from karbolyn or hbcd
Then 50 g hydro whey

I drink 1/3 of that 20 minutes away from the gym
Get there and get to work

The decrease in stress for me is amazing
I’m done training and the rest of the day I’m able to do my thing
Without worrying as much about timing and training and the workouts are MUCH quicker it’s a desert at 530 lol

I have been lifting fasted at 5am for about 2.5/3 years now, it just works with my schedule the best. At first I hated it, but now I am used to it and get annoyed when I end up training at more normal gym hours when the place is busier.

I tend to do cardio in the afternoon because I can just get on a machine and space out and not be bothered. Lifting in the morning early saves me a lot of headaches and I think is a great way to start the day, feel accomplished before most people are even out of bed.

Like several people have said before, I just don't 'feel' it early in the morning. I would love to be able to pull it off though. Nothing must beat having had a great workout before all the unpleasantries of everyday life come your way :headbang:

Old thread but interesting topic. Oddly enough, I only train early on Saturday. I train 4 times a week so I get to knock one out early and I'm home before my wife is even out of bed (she "sleeps in" until about 8:30-9 on Saturday). With a now 6 year old it works out well.

I get to the gym about 6am. Since it's a Saturday and I kind of eat whatever it feels almost therapeutic going to the gym in a relaxed state without the worry of work that day, schedules, meetings, etc.

It becomes no Wonder why so many need extra days of cardio and a Diet spot on just to stay at 10%.
As soon as you get your metabolism moving you eat and go to sleep!
A.M. workouts keep you jacked and Anabolic throughout the entire Day!

my schedule shifts so i have to adjust training depending , i have more energy for the evening workouts then i do for the morning ones.

I usually prefer to move first thing in the morning (walk treadmill light incline on days off cardio and bike sprints on cardio days) get some cals in me then train later in day is possible, maybe around 11 am or noon. However, when I am in depletion running carb cycles I really enjoy training first thing in the morning after my refeed. I refeed dirty because I can, and when I cycle carbs I want to get pre and post work out carbs on my low day (day after a refeed ONLY not all low days) in as early as possible so I just get them out of the way given I gotta ton of them the night before. Just ya know, cant wait to get back to depleting glycogen stores!

I made the switch from 5pm to 5am and LOVE IT.... getting deep in prep now so ill switch back but just until this show is over..... then back to weights at 5am

Again A.M. Fully loaded from feeding the Day before. Your on an empty stomach so its Easy to turn On burning Fat as energy.
Perfect for an ECA dosing plus others!
A Scoop of Bcaa's and a Pre-workout hits Like a Brick.
Then All day to Feed....

I work out at 3 am after I get off work. It's not ideal, but works for me. Less people at the gym so the equipments I need is readily available.

I made the switch from 5pm to 5am and LOVE IT.... getting deep in prep now so ill switch back but just until this show is over..... then back to weights at 5am

Tree, are you doing cardio PWO or just later in the afternoon?
I've been a 5am guy for awhile now and love it. Only change I made was flip flopping my cardio to around 5-6pm and it was fine.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear