over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Type 1 Diabetic - Log to my first show!

9 Weeks and 1 Day Out
2013 NPC Pennsylvania Classic

Woke up at 330 this morning! I ate breakfast, let me stomach sit and then hit the gym for an early morning lift.

Decline BB Bench:
280 x 8 +5lbs +2 Reps
250 x 17
250 x 8

IDK where those 17 Reps came from, felt like I couldnt stop!

Pullups from Smith Rack: BW = 170
BW + 30lbs x 8 +4.5lbs
BW + 10lbs x 12 +5lbs -1 Rep
BW x 13

Barbell Row - Parallel to Chest:
190 x 7 +5lbs
170 x 10 +5lbs +1 Rep
155 x 17 +5lbs +4 Reps

Single Arm DB U-Row:
60 x 8/Side
55 x 11/Side
50 x 15/Side

Donkey Calve Press:
10 Reps with 1 second squeeze, 10 second squeeze on 10th rep, repeat 2 more times. Total of 30 Reps, and 30 Second Hold
200 x 30/30
200 x 30/30
200 x 30/30

Today was my carb day, I ended up tossing in a cheat meal. Waking up so damn early. There was no way I would be able to space out my meals to last me all day.

Feel kind of guilty because I at a little much. This is my biggest problem! I am going to do day long refeeds from now on.

I think with a cheat, my blood sugar and insulin levels spike HARD! and it just throws me off. But spacing all those calories out throughout my 6 meals, should keep things more level.

Just going to do some extra cardio tomorrow!

9 Weeks Out:

Alternate DB Curl: DROP SET
50 x 7 / 40 x 3 / 30 x 5 / 20 x 8

DB Scott Curl (kinda) Hammer SUPERSET Standard Curl:
OK, so Faced the opposite of the Preacher bench, instead of going straight up and down, I turned by body to the side, so arm was lock in on the inner side instead of the back:[/b]
LEFT ARM: 25 x 8 * 20 x 4
RIGHT ARM: 25 x 8 * 20 x 5

LEFT ARM: 20 x 10 * 20 x 4
RIGHT ARM: 20 x 10 * 20 x 4

Regular Curl:
LEFT ARM: 20 x 12
RIGHT ARM: 20 x 12

I really liked how these felt, figured I would experiment a bit.

Reverse Grip Smith Triceps Press:
275 x 8 +10lbs
250 x 10 +5lbs
225 x 15 -1 Rep

Man, this hit my triceps like never before!

***My ankle was really bothering me, so squats were not happening...I will get into this later, might have some bad news :(***

Leg Press:
1000 x 11
1090 x 7
615 x 30

I could not stand up after that last set haha.

Felt strong as hell yesterday.

My lack of dietary control is really bothering me, yesterday and the day before were not good. My blood sugars are dangerously high. I know this happens, and I continue to do it. I think I know what is causing me to do this...I will not get into it.

But Man up Steven! This is your life, is it really worth killing your kidneys so you can stuff your fat face

Literally last night, insulin levels were stupidly high as well as blood sugars. I started eating almonds, and each one I kept telling myself "stop steven, this is going to make it worse and fatten you up"

When my insulin levels get screwy I lose control.

SOLUTION!
STOP DOING IT TO BEGIN WITH!

POTENTIAL BAD NEWS......

OK, as some of you know, I broke my ankle very badly during prep last year. 3 Breaks, 1 Dislocation, and 6 Fractures. Left hospital with a plate and 4 screws on one side, and 2 screws on the other.

So a little over 3 weeks ago while we were moving into our new house, I was carrying a desk with a friend, walking backwards, I rolled my ankle bad on the stairs.

So bad to the point that I used crutches and my support boot for a few days. I ended up getting an X-Ray, she said one of the screws is no longer where it should be.

That alone hurts, but the tendon...if my ankle sits still for a few minutes it completely locks up. And trying to get out of bed in the morning. Yea, I can move, EXCRUCIATING Pain.

The Dr said could be a tendon fray, or something.

So tomorrow I have an appointment with my Ortho Surgeon, who did the surgery to decide what my options are.

Getting screws out is one thing, but if they have to start playing with the tendons, recovery is going to be much longer.

you know what that means.........

Kind of depressed

8 Weeks and 6 Days Out

Well blood sugars were very high all morning. Did not train until late after noon when it was safe to do so.

Today would normally be an off day, but I needed to train. So havent taken a day off in over a week!

Did chest, back, delts, and cardio

Incline Smith Bench:
265 x 5 +15lbs-2 Reps
245 x 8 +20lbs-3 Reps
225 x 10 +1l20bs-2 Reps

Pullups: BW = 176 (+3.5lbs)
BW x 15
BW x 7
BW x 17 w/ V Handle

Two Arm DB Rows:
100 x 8 +10lbs-1 Rep
90 x 15 -5bs +8 Reps
95 x +10lbs-4 Reps

Wide Grip Upright Rows:
145 x 6 +10lbs-1 Rep
130 x 10
115 x 16

Ended with 5 Mins of very intense intervals on the stepper. Rest was 30 seconds, at 25 Steps per min, and blasted bascially until failure with 130 to 150bmp.

Then walked on the treadmill for 23 mins.

Like I said, been going for over a weeks now! I feel fine, but I need a day off. Lower back was telling me to take a day off as well.

So off tomorrow, going to meet with ortho to see what is going on with my ankle. Just cardio tomorrow

On a side note, that binging filled me out a bit.

For the first time in my life, it looks like my upper body is on par and maybe slightly bigger than my legs!
gB3VuZZ.jpg

Stomach looks terrible, we will see where it truly is at tomorrow and after a few days when I drop the bloat
4B4jfLo.jpg

My mental state is better now, did A LOT of thinking and praying. Just gotta be stronger from here on out! Yes 1 M&M would not set me back at all, but it is the principle...it is not on the diet, so dont eat it.

Being tolerant, will lead me down a path of binging.

8 Weeks and 5 Days Out

WEIGHT:166.8
CHANGE:+2lbs

Surprised it was not more after all that food. So maybe it was mostly just water.

Sent Fak the update, we will see what changes need to be made.

Pounded out 45mins on the 15 Incline treadmill this morning. Felt good, did a lot of thinking. Felt like I "sweated" all the emotions and guilt out of me.

Time to get back on track and not STRAY FROM THE PATH

8 weeks and 5 days, that is it! Let's do this!!!

incredible tranformation steven... i hope all the best w the ankle... 8 weeks, go go goooo :headbang:

incredible tranformation steven... i hope all the best w the ankle... 8 weeks, go go goooo :headbang:

Thanks man!

8 weeks until Glory! haha!

8 Weeks and 4 Days Out

35 Mins of cardio this AM, got a good sweat!

Hit the gym after work today

Two Arm DB Hammer Curls:
50 x 7
45 x 10

Arm Blaster Curls with EZ Bar:
70 x 14

Hot damn! The pump after that was intense!

Dips: BW = 173 - Triceps Focus
BW + 100 x 9 +4.5lbs of BW +1 Rep
BW + 100 x 6 +25lbs[color] -5 Reps[/color]
BW + 75 x 15 +25lbs +3 Reps

Was really feeling the dips today!

Summersault Squats:
150 x 8
125 x 13
100 x 15

OUCH, PUMP PUMP PUMP

DB SLDL:
150 x 8 +10lbs -1 Rep

Single Leg DB SLDL:
135 x 15 Per Side

Ham Blasters:
BW + 20 x 8 DROP/ BW x 8

Then did some abs, and 10 mins on the stepper

Great freaking workout, been feeling tired as crap the past few days. Very lethargic. Few more weeks of this stim break!

Last edited:
Try something for me

Hey Bro,

What's the latest with your ankle?

OK. We both understand that insulin is or can be a significant fat storer, right?

I have found that it can also store fat in specific areas for diabetics like us.
Try moving the pump to either side of your lats or upper back. Find your spot by laying on a flat bench and take notice of where your back doesn't touch and place it on that sweet spot. For the last several months I have rotating the pump between those areas, my wife helps when it's time to move it to back.

What I can personally attest to is that your belly and low back area will become leaner. I noticed the difference within 2 weeks.

I have no science to prove this, however, I'd give it a try.
You have nothing to loose by trying this other than perhaps some bodyfat.
I don't think that will bother you, will it? ;)

-MT

Hey Bro,

What's the latest with your ankle?

OK. We both understand that insulin is or can be a significant fat storer, right?

I have found that it can also store fat in specific areas for diabetics like us.
Try moving the pump to either side of your lats or upper back. Find your spot by laying on a flat bench and take notice of where your back doesn't touch and place it on that sweet spot. For the last several months I have rotating the pump between those areas, my wife helps when it's time to move it to back.

What I can personally attest to is that your belly and low back area will become leaner. I noticed the difference within 2 weeks.

I have no science to prove this, however, I'd give it a try.
You have nothing to loose by trying this other than perhaps some bodyfat.
I don't think that will bother you, will it? ;)

-MT

No surgery needed for ankle, he thinks I just sprained it and said to give it time.

I had always wondered that about insulin. My insulin is predominantly injected in my stomach and sides...and that is where I store my fat.

My only problem is that is the only area where I can comfortable put my sites. My sites are small Stainless Steel Needles instead of canulas. I put it in my quad once, but the needle in the leg did not feel good.

I would like to try it else where, but I do not have enough fat there to do it.

I may need to come off the pump if the fat does start dropping off. But I know a competitive type 1, who uses a pump, a lot in the stomach and he gets lean...could be genetics though.

8 Weeks and 3 Days Out

Well I do not need surgery on my ankle. Dr has no idea what is wrong with it. I will deal with it until after the show and then give it time to rest.

45 Mins on the stairs this morning. Dreaded every step for the last 15 mins haha, but had to get it done!

After work I hit the gym

Flat DB Bench:
110 x 6 +10lbs -4 Reps
100 x 10 +10lbs -2 Reps
90 x 11 +5lbs +1 Rep

That was a big accomplishment for me, Never successfully benched over 100lb DBs. Wasn't that bad! Going for at least 7 Reps next time!

Corner T-Bar Rows:
235 x 8 +10lbs +1 Rep
235 x 12 (with some body english towards end) +35lbs -1 Rep
210 x 20 (15 Clean, 5 with some body english) +35lbs +5 Reps

Neutral Grip Pulldowns:
190 x 7 +10lbs Last rep was a cheat
175 x 8 +10lbs -1 Rep
155 x 12 STAGGERED REPS +10lbs

DB Laterals[/color]
40 x 9 +2.5lbs +1 Rep
BIG DROP SET
40 x 8/30 x 8/20 x 8/10 x 8/20 x 5/30 x 4/40 x 2

So pumped I could barely move my arms!

DB Shoulder Press:
55 x 20

Seated Calve Raises:
6 Plates +25lbs x 10 +15lbs
5 Plates x 16 STAGGERED REPS
5 Plates +25lbs x 12 STAGGERED REPS + 8 Partials

Well, going out of town tomorrow and heading to bed now, have a 3 hour drive in front of me tomorrow! Gotta leave my house at like 5:15

I will crush legs when I get to hotel tomorrow night!

Sounds good, Bro.
How about on your triceps or even your side glute.
Just get it off those abs :lightbulb::)

Maybe at some point switch over to the Omnipod if at all possible.
It's 100% water-proof, tubeless, about half the size of yours and just uses a tiny canulus.

Works perfectly and can be switched every 3 days, within 2 minutes.
I love mine. And despite the inconvience, I upped my finger pricks from 10 to about 18, 3 of which happen during the overnight. It really helps with the highs and lows.

-MT

No surgery needed for ankle, he thinks I just sprained it and said to give it time.

I had always wondered that about insulin. My insulin is predominantly injected in my stomach and sides...and that is where I store my fat.

My only problem is that is the only area where I can comfortable put my sites. My sites are small Stainless Steel Needles instead of canulas. I put it in my quad once, but the needle in the leg did not feel good.

I may need to come off the pump if the fat does start dropping off. But I know a competitive type 1, who uses a pump, a lot in the stomach and he gets lean...could be genetics though.

I know your feels lol. I'm a type 1 and store fat on my stomach. Its not your typical fat look either. Its almost like its sub-q fat. I can get my chest shredded and road mapped like non other, but still maintain some fat on my stomach. I've been debating laser lipo (waits for the flamming) on my stomach.

You're looking good dude. Keep up the good work. Curious as to what your basal insulin dosages are. I have yet to use a pump. Been sticking to the good old fashion glucometer and apidra pen.

Sounds good, Bro.
How about on your triceps or even your side glute.
Just get it off those abs :lightbulb::)

Maybe at some point switch over to the Omnipod if at all possible.
It's 100% water-proof, tubeless, about half the size of yours and just uses a tiny canulus.

Works perfectly and can be switched every 3 days, within 2 minutes.
I love mine. And despite the inconvience, I upped my finger pricks from 10 to about 18, 3 of which happen during the overnight. It really helps with the highs and lows.

-MT

I cannot pinch anything but skin on my triceps, not enough fat to put a site.

I could do glutes, but do you ever have issues with it getting pulled out squatting, deadlifting, or simply just sitting down and standing up?

No issues whatsoever with the Omnipod.
When I say glutes, not where you'rer gonna lay or sit on it. For me I apply it way high up on the glute moved to either side so my peripheral vision can see it.
Even with striated glutes, there's a hot spot you can use.

btw, I compliment you on your leanness levels at this point.
You're going in the right direction just keep on going :headbang:

-MT

I cannot pinch anything but skin on my triceps, not enough fat to put a site.

I could do glutes, but do you ever have issues with it getting pulled out squatting, deadlifting, or simply just sitting down and standing up?

Godfather,

I'm glad you joined the part.

I realize your questions were directed to me.
But I'm confident in saying it is the single most significant good decision you'll be so happy you made.

Makes life so much easier for us diabetics.
It allows completed control, you can freeze delivery if needed, which will lower you basal, plus you can bolust as desired every meal and at the exact doing you need to cover the carbs you eat. Took me about a 1 month learning curve to maximize it's use.

My favorite insulin is Novalog because it is in and out of your system more quickly than any other slin on the market. It's the only insulin I use. I use no long acting insulin at all. My last A1C was 5.9.

The thing just works better than the traditional way.

-MT

I know your feels lol. I'm a type 1 and store fat on my stomach. Its not your typical fat look either. Its almost like its sub-q fat. I can get my chest shredded and road mapped like non other, but still maintain some fat on my stomach. I've been debating laser lipo (waits for the flamming) on my stomach.

You're looking good dude. Keep up the good work. Curious as to what your basal insulin dosages are. I have yet to use a pump. Been sticking to the good old fashion glucometer and apidra pen.

No issues whatsoever with the Omnipod.
When I say glutes, not where you'rer gonna lay or sit on it. For me I apply it way high up on the glute moved to either side so my peripheral vision can see it.
Even with striated glutes, there's a hot spot you can use.

btw, I compliment you on your leanness levels at this point.
You're going in the right direction just keep on going :headbang:

-MT

Interesting. I just emailed my pump company to see if I can get some samples of a 6mm Soft Canula infusion site that I could try.

Like I said I had always wondered about the mid section fat and insulin. Since being on the pump the ONLY places I use are stomach, either left or right of belly button or my sides.

Time to experiment!

And thanks for the compliment man. The mental side of this sport kills me. I feel like I am so far from my goal, but I have seen videos of others being 8 weeks out and I really am not.

My upper body is much leaner than the stomach...I think just seeing my stomach throws off my perception

Last edited:
ATTN OTHER DIABETICS READING THIS THREAD:

FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN, THIS THREAD CAN BE A GREAT RESOURCE FOR DIABETICS WHO WANT TO COMPETE

8 Weeks and 2 Days Out

Man LONG ASS DAY! The Lord is for sure blessing me at work, I have been digging up some pretty good stuff lately!

Trained at the Gym attached to my Hotel. So any machine stuff I cannot say if I had progressed or not, just took it to failure!

Reverse Grip Spider Curls:
95 x 9 +5lbs +1 Rep
95 x 9 +5lbs

Close Grip Spider Curls:
75 x 13

Short Rest

Wider Grip Spider Curls:
75 x 10

Reverse Grip Smith Bench:
285 x 8 +10lbs
260 x 13 +10lbs +3 Reps[/b]

Overhead Single Arm DB Extensions:
30 x 15 per arm

I tried squatting, ankle was not having it. Real pissed, I wanted to go real heavy today! Well maybe Saturday I can

Leg Curl:
145 (whole stack) x 12/5/3 each "/" is 5 seconds rest
145 x 10
100 x 21's

Cybex Leg Press Machine - Angled:
295 (whole stack) x 20....not even close to failure
295 x 14 with 4 second negatives

Single Leg Press on Above Machine:
175 x 8 per side
160 x 20 per side

Then did some abs.

Had a wicked pump in the arms after the curls and presses. The leg press thing was really wierd, but I made do.

Got chest tomorrow...thinking about doing 315 on the decline. Havent done that in a LONG time.

Based on last weeks lift and 1 rep max calculators...I should be able to get it for 4...I am not settling for less than 5. We will see, depends on shoulder.

Feeling nice and strong lately!

Interesting. I just emailed my pump company to see if I can get some samples of a 6mm Soft Canula infusion site that I could try.

Like I said I had always wondered about the mid section fat and insulin. Since being on the pump the ONLY places I use are stomach, either left or right of belly button or my sides.

Time to experiment!

And thanks for the compliment man. The mental side of this sport kills me. I feel like I am so far from my goal, but I have seen videos of others being 8 weeks out and I really am not.

My upper body is much leaner than the stomach...I think just seeing my stomach throws off my perception

The mental side will fuck with you badly. I personally feel small and not super lean. However, when I go out with friends people compliment me. Then I tell them I'm a diabetic and they are even more blown away. Your progression looks great, don't let your mental perception discourage you.

The mental side will fuck with you badly. I personally feel small and not super lean. However, when I go out with friends people compliment me. Then I tell them I'm a diabetic and they are even more blown away. Your progression looks great, don't let your mental perception discourage you.

Yea I know...chose the wrong sport for being someone with terrible self image haha

but at the end of this prep, when I step on stage in awesome shape it will all mean that much more!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Kamren
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131