advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who here gently puts down anything above 120lb dumbbells???

Doesn't matter to me anymore, Im the big guy pressing the pink nylon dog bones for reps in the corner...15 lbers hell YES!!

I manage gyms and I tell ppl all the.Time to not drop weights and yes I know what heavy wgt feels like if they ask me I can incline the 140s and seems to bring them down to my knees then set them on the ground

As a manager I know the difference bt launching them after ur set or simply dropping them from a foot up..

Many ppl don't understand dbs are very expensive

You make a good point. There really is no reason at all to drop them on incline, so i am not ok with people tossing them on that movement. On flat if someone lets them go as gently as possible, its really not that bad. But there is no reason to launch them like a douche, like you said its not that hard to tell the difference.

I said earlier i personally dont drop them on flat, but if someone does i can kind of understand. I dont go that heavy so i dont know how hard it is to sit back up with 140's.

I agree with Red on this subject. Now unless your in a position to where you can injury yourself trying to bring them down quietly, then drop them of course. Im sure you guys see it all the time, people dropping VERY managable weight just to get noticed. Im a big guy but Ii dont need my ego stroked by dropping weights to get noticed. Im very confident as it is.

-Baseline

What about deadlifting? Got asked not to slow down my descent on deads at 24, so I said I would try but decided to never do full deads there again. Instead I only do rack deads. 500+ deads are hard to set down super soft and quiet like

I can up to the 150s. I just roll back up and stand up,then go set them down. Basically just reverse the the way you laid down.

So on my last rep,I bring them to chest, then set up,and stand. Has to be done quickly though.

EXACTLY!!!

I fucking hate when people tell me they can't set them down without dropping them and use the "oh yea? why don't you show me how it's done then?!" Which I do and it shuts them up but it's a pain in the dick.

On flat its difficult, but i have been able to not drop them using the method that truelove mentioned. However i cant do it with a heavy weight that i can only get like 4-5 reps with, its the sitting up after thats hard. I never really go heavy to the point where i only get 4-5 reps so its usually not a problem.

It just take's practice man, once you figure it out sitting up is cake because the weight leverages your torso up as you set them on your knees.

What about deadlifting? Got asked not to slow down my descent on deads at 24, so I said I would try but decided to never do full deads there again. Instead I only do rack deads. 500+ deads are hard to set down super soft and quiet like

I stopped deadlifting in commercial gyms so I don't deal with this issue anymore but I know the struggle.

If you're strong, you won't need to drop the weights.

I've never understood how or why people need to drop them. I've pressed 150lbs for military (pre-pec tear). The only sound you could hear was my last rep grunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're strong, you won't need to drop the weights.

I've never understood how or why people need to drop them. I've pressed 150lbs for military (pre-pec tear). The only sound you could hear was my last rep grunting.

If I hear a single "tap" of a DB when we are training you are getting called out.... I hope you bring pillows to rest your DBs on hoss lol

If I hear a single "tap" of a DB when we are training you are getting called out.... I hope you bring pillows to rest your DBs on hoss lol

I don't care much at LA, unless it's a machine that can break.

It's all about equipment. My other gym has old fashioned Ivanko DBs. They have the individual plates bolted together. When I train there regularly, I call 2-3 people out per week because the damn things always get loose and busted.

LA has DB's made of one single mold.

I'd rather get attention by being 270lbs than dropping weights like a Branch Warren wannabe. :)

I don't care much at LA, unless it's a machine that can break.

Mmmm Hmmm sure....

It's all about equipment. My other gym has old fashioned Ivanko DBs. They have the individual plates bolted together. When I train there regularly, I call 2-3 people out per week because the damn things always get loose and busted.

LA has DB's made of one single mold.

I'd rather get attention by being 270lbs than dropping weights like a Branch Warren wannabe. :)

I hear you on the plate lock DBs though... the gym I trained at in PA had these. Great gym, but these Dbs were always loose.

But I'm just saying, you are on watch brother... I'm gonna be watching you like a hawk. One tiny tap and I am going lunk alarm all over that shit lol ;)

One time I was doing flat w db's and my phone fell out of my pocket then I dropped the dumbells on my phone.

hahahaha

I drop the DB's occasionally, but I only go up to 100 lbs, so it's all good :D

I don't get lectured or dirty looks at all when I drop the db's, then again I'm using the 35's :D

I always drop one, then throw one into the most local mirror. I also crave attention from people because I have a low self esteem.

I always drop one, then throw one into the most local mirror. I also crave attention from people because I have a low self esteem.

Do you grunt and yell like your in labor before each set? Lmao :D

Dropping DB's, regardless of how heavy is a sign of being disrespectful
to the gym and the owner(s).

Plus it is absolutely unnecessary. It is a selfish behavior that some think makes them look "bad ass".

A pair of 150's cost the owner about $300.
Having them wielded isn't cheap either.

In the 22 years I owned and operated my gym, I only had to throw out
one member. He paid less for his membership than it cost me to have several sets repaired.

A gym membership doesn't give anyone the right to damage the equipment.

Some people just don't get it.

-MT

If I owned a gym and you were my customer, I'd film you dropping the weight and then take you to court to make you pay for the repairs to my floors.

If you cant handle putting it down easy and safely, dont pick it up. If they are that heavy after your set, ask for a spotter to help you. it isnt hard.

Set those deadlift down quite to Planet fitness says no that business

What if there is horse matting on the floor and they are rubber weighted? I see how some dumbbells can become damaged but if they have rubber shell isn't that the point so you can drop them. I say fuck it drop em no point in injuring yourself trying to be polite. Gyms are for us to get big in not be pump baby weights like a seniors circuit training class. I mean c'mon.

Rubberized break just as well as the iron ones. I have watched plenty of asshats toss the 130s and snap them. Might want to understand physics and not be a dipshit throwing weight around you can't handle.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear