advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You get to train with one person, anybody, alive or dead. Who are you choosing and why?

I will choose John Meadows every time!

A good friend, we spoke regularly about training together one day.

A man of infinite knowledge! There will never be anyone like him!!!

AB

Bill kazmeir
I'll second Kaz, out of all the people mentioned in this thread so far, must say a wide variety of some very good picks, for me, Kaz may just very well be the most interesting and most enjoyable to train with. Honorary mention, Mariusz Pudzianowski, not only would I get to see how he trains and how hard, but I would pick his brain about his PED protocol.

I'll second Kaz, out of all the people mentioned in this thread so far, must say a wide variety of some very good picks, for me, Kaz may just very well be the most interesting and most enjoyable to train with. Honorary mention, Mariusz Pudzianowski, not only would I get to see how he trains and how hard, but I would pick his brain about his PED protocol.
Iv actually met bill when training strongman. He told me to gain weight eat meals on the shitter. Super intense guy. Very likable

Meadows- genius
Milos - giant sets, unique training method
Nubret - hit, logbook, low volume have been pounded into my head so long, learn more about volume or pump training

Iv actually met bill when training strongman. He told me to gain weight eat meals on the shitter. Super intense guy. Very likable
That would be an honor to hang with Bill, such an icon. For a brief period, I trained with Mike Burke in a group setting for strongman. He looked like a lumberjack at the time, tall wiry, but athletic and strong. Then he went off and trained with Brian Shaw and put on all the size he gained for Pro strongman. To me Bill and Mariusz are the two most impressive strongmen that revolutionized how strongman events are attacked with speed and athleticism. Mariusz did compete in bodybuilding for a period of time, so to me his physique is the epitome of someone that not only looked freaky superhuman strong but was superhuman strong and athletically powerful in real life application. Mariusz walked the talk, but with his arrogant attitude in the media, I'm not sure he would be the most enjoyable to train with. But if there is anyone on that level that I would like to know what their PED protocol was its Mariusz.

If not so douchy Mike ohearn.
I give two craps about his natural status.
But I like how he is able to lift heavy while still looking pristine.
The Botox and weird touching of people while their lifting would throw me off though. oh yeah and the constant tutorials while lifting. Maybe he only does that for the cameras.

While he's strong af he's also gentle and book smart.

If I turn off my nostalgia….

1) Scott Stevenson. I would have 437 questions pertaining to physiology and eastern medicine. I probably wouldn’t lift a fucking weight because my mouth wouldn’t stop running.

2) Dusty Hanshaw….I feel like his secret stalker. I was on intense muscle learning the ropes of true hypertrophy training when he began living the DC life…and started becoming the behemoth of a human he is. And he’s hilarious.

3)David goggins….is he that legitimately fucking nuts? Running on broken feet, just signing up for a fucjing 100 mile race on a whim, and finishing it. Doing pull-ups challenge until your skin is falling off….I want to be in the presence of that mindset.

Basically I’m going to shown how incompetent I am cognitively, physically, and mentally. Cover all the bases lol.

Meadows- genius
Milos - giant sets, unique training method
Nubret - hit, logbook, low volume have been pounded into my head so long, learn more about volume or pump training
When I worked with Milos in 2021 he was still trying to train hard. He was doing legs with one of his top athletes now and strained his hamstring so bad that he thought he’d torn it and went to the urgent care. He was on ice for days afterwards.

He was a good sport and joked “I guess I can’t train with my young athletes anymore.”

Guys from his and John’s era loved to train. There was no “off” switch.

In the past I probably would have listed off various open pro bodybuilders. Although I don't need anyone to train hard or push me and sure training with Branch and Milos etc would be great. Quite honestly though me right now if I could train with anyone it would be out of FafaFitness, Stephanie Sanzo or Monique Rizzeto.

If I turn off my nostalgia….

1) Scott Stevenson. I would have 437 questions pertaining to physiology and eastern medicine. I probably wouldn’t lift a fucking weight because my mouth wouldn’t stop running.

2) Dusty Hanshaw….I feel like his secret stalker. I was on intense muscle learning the ropes of true hypertrophy training when he began living the DC life…and started becoming the behemoth of a human he is. And he’s hilarious.

3)David goggins….is he that legitimately fucking nuts? Running on broken feet, just signing up for a fucjing 100 mile race on a whim, and finishing it. Doing pull-ups challenge until your skin is falling off….I want to be in the presence of that mindset.

Basically I’m going to shown how incompetent I am cognitively, physically, and mentally. Cover all the bases lol.
the irony is if you just asked Scott your 437 questions on his forum- https://drscottstevenson.com/forum/index.php -(or hell maybe even here)...he would probably answer them in such depth and detail it would take you double as many days to read the responses, digest, and understand them...trust me when I tell you he is as much a gift to the training world as John was and then some. He just does not promote a lot of video content outside of his forum and podcast(s) @homonunculus

I will add that when able to properly perform his program..fortitude training, it might be the most fun you have had training, but also the most progress you make...the only limitation being your ability to access the equipment needed / when needed to run it as written.

the irony is if you just asked Scott your 437 questions on his forum- https://drscottstevenson.com/forum/index.php -(or hell maybe even here)...he would probably answer them in such depth and detail it would take you double as many days to read the responses, digest, and understand them...trust me when I tell you he is as much a gift to the training world as John was and then some. He just does not promote a lot of video content outside of his forum and podcast(s) @homonunculus

I will add that when able to properly perform his program..fortitude training, it might be the most fun you have had training, but also the most progress you make...the only limitation being your ability to access the equipment needed / when needed to run it as written.

Scott has been awesome, he helped me build my fortitude plan with waving volume and always responded to my questions and ideas.

If he wasn’t so humble, he would have a huge YouTube/social media following. He is definitely brilliant

Discussion purely for fun. Personally, it is hard to pick because there are so many great answers, but I'd probably land on Platz. I mean it was like the guy didn't feel pain. I think a leg session with Tom would be one for the ages.

After Platz it would Arnie, Dorian, Branch
Tom Platz, Branch is awesome and intense but a lil sloppy which always freaked me out same with Ronnie but Gus was great I never walked away having learned anything though just a great fun lift. I’ve never met Platz but he always seems to be not just explaining what he’s doing and why but also still thinking about how to improve it. Which every single lift would get old training should be fun but one dude one time. I will say this watching Ronnie train for the camera is nothing short of amazing there’s no fake weights no bullshit just dude going gorilla like it’s Christmas morning

It’s interesting you brought up John he is my second to Platz and it was a tight decision.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131