advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You get to train with one person, anybody, alive or dead. Who are you choosing and why?

For me, it would be Dante, Dusty, Ron Partlow, Meadows, Scott Stevenson, and I see Shelby up above, who knows how to grind shit out and get to goals thorugh hard work.

Duchaine would be a trip, just so I could pick his brain while training on so many topics:)

Then again, maybe I should pick some hot chick like Salma Hayek in a bikini.....? lol.

Does having Arnold train me count?

Spent a weekend in Chicago with Arnold, Ed Corney, Franco Columbo and John Balik. There were four other ‘trainees’ attending the seminar.

Day one discussion of training and nutrition. (Zero discussion of steroids except Arnold saying they were only used pre-contest to help maintain size acquired during the off season.)

Day two was one-on-one training with Arnold. He supervised each and every repetition of every set of every exercise in the booklet he gave us.

It was a remarkable experience for me.

PS. Being from the west coast and his seminars being given at various places across the country, I chose Chicago because I wanted to meet and watch Sergio train. That did not happen 🙁. I went to the Duncan YMCA where he was know to train on two separate occasions and he was nowhere to be found. Disappointed? Yes.

Attachments

• IMG_3901.jpeg
    IMG_3901.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 14
Dave tate, Louie Simmons, and chuck V.

I just want one more time

My grandfather, who was a legit bodybuilder in the 60s and 70s

Famous BBers, Branch Warren and Johnny Jackson. Back or Leg day

I’m going to throw another name into the mix. Shaun Clarida- dude trains like an animal.

I started going to the LA bodybuilding gyms (Golds, Vince’s and Worlds) in ‘74 and up to the very early 80’s. Saw Arnold and many others train heaps of times. I have said this many times before that I was always surprised at how hard he did not train, many, most(?) I felt always left some gas in the tank. That does not mean he didn’t train hard. Of course he did, but not as hard as I thought he would have / should have from reading all the mags at the time (pre-internet and social media).

But to be perfectly fair, I don’t believe I ever saw him training in contest mode, i.e., multiple times a day. I was more of a summertime visitor form Nor Cal.

If it's true he was training for 2 hours twice a day then he couldn't have gone all out or very hard, it's simply impossible.
Didn't he say if he had to train like Viator he would rather become a ski instructor? In the mags I started to read at like 8 years old it was always emphasized NO ONE in the whole world trained as hard as Arnold haha.

Regarding the original question, as a young guy I would have said Tom Platz. Now I think he's a total clown. But then it dawned on me, how stupid I had been, of course Platz didn't train anything like we've seen in his training clips, it was just acting and for occasional promotional purposes. Or was it? If he trained like that for real then he really was a total clown.

Today I would probably just want to deadlift with Jordan Peters. Hard training for real, not flopping around like Platz lol.

Does having Arnold train me count?

Spent a weekend in Chicago with Arnold, Ed Corney, Franco Columbo and John Balik. There were four other ‘trainees’ attending the seminar.

Day one discussion of training and nutrition. (Zero discussion of steroids except Arnold saying they were only used pre-contest to help maintain size acquired during the off season.)

Day two was one-on-one training with Arnold. He supervised each and every repetition of every set of every exercise in the booklet he gave us.

It was a remarkable experience for me.

PS. Being from the west coast and his seminars being given at various places across the country, I chose Chicago because I wanted to meet and watch Sergio train. That did not happen 🙁. I went to the Duncan YMCA where he was know to train on two separate occasions and he was nowhere to be found. Disappointed? Yes.

That is pretty cool. Arnold lived with an old professor of mine from time to time back in the mid-late 70's.

Charles Clairmonte
probably my favorite bodybuilder of all time. 1990 NABBA Worlds was one of the most perfect physiques I have ever seen. I actually commented something similar on Reddit a few years ago, and a guy who knew him showed him the post. He ended up messaging me and said he was so gracious for my fandom lol. He sent me a high-quality autographed pic. Pretty cool dude.

I would like to train with Franco Columbo, little guy like me but doing the heavy work with decent movement and good techniques (he was a chiropractor so nice knowledge)

I'd train with Noah. We would practice biblical functional fitness by constructing a giant Ark in my backyard. We would then stock the Ark with two specimens each from every NPC female division category. Probably need a real big Ark. Then when the coming nuclear war melts the polar ice caps and causes a giant flood, I would survive and be able to repopulate the world with weird big butted squirrel/human chimeras addicted to drawing selfies with charcoal left over from the incineration of humanity as we know it.

I'd train with Noah. We would practice biblical functional fitness by constructing a giant Ark in my backyard. We would then stock the Ark with two specimens each from every NPC female division category. Probably need a real big Ark. Then when the coming nuclear war melts the polar ice caps and causes a giant flood, I would survive and be able to repopulate the world with weird big butted squirrel/human chimeras addicted to drawing selfies with charcoal left over from the incineration of humanity as we know it.
A+

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner