advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

You get to train with one person, anybody, alive or dead. Who are you choosing and why?

I actually was lucky enough to train with John a few times at Metro Worthington in Columbus back in 2011/12. I will cherish those experiences forever. He was such a genuine guy, and had no reason to give me the time of day as I was not a pro, or huge or anything. I think he just enjoyed teaching / coaching / imparting his wisdom to make others better.

I was also lucky enough to train with Mike Francois, and another really cool ass dude names Travis Branstetter if any of yall know him.

As for the comments about guys from the past, I think it is as someone said nostalgia, and those guys and their videos were influential in getting us into loving this. I
Re: nostalgia

A 20 something me would love to train with Levrone and be a part of that clique. something very Hollywood about Levrone back in the day.
I was on the same wave length back then too.
The whole 'pretty boy' thing.
Probably why I was always at Golds in Pacific Beach in the mid-late 90s. Would always see pros at any given time. Especially Nassar

Arnold at Golds sometime between '71 and '74. I of course would want to be in my 20's also while this is happening. Platz once said he trained with Arnold for 2 weeks when Arnold was in his pre-contest gig (every bdpt 3x ew). He said after 2 weeks he was completely wore out, getting weaker and shrinking, so he stopped. I gotta man dafuq up to do this haha! I would reaaalllly be curious how HARD Arnold trained - I mean to come in during the AM and hit chest & back, THEN come back in the PM and hit LEGS - and do that 3x ew?? Good Lord that's insane. I'd guess his shoulder & arm days were like rest days in comparison.

All in their primes...RC, Branch, John meadows, Dennis wolf, Nasser, Dante, Mentzer, Haney, Hany

Probably just Mike Isratel. Not because he has an amazing olympia physique, but the dude is just absolutely hilarious and super intelligent and well spoken on both bodybuilding and non-bodybuilding topics. I'd love to shoot the shit with him on some casual arm sesh.

Or just Abraham Lincoln. Guy doesn't get enough credit for being one of the best men to ever walk the planet.

John Meadows hands down for me. Why..... I was already researching his video's for years on training techniques before and after his passing. It's because he was truly a trainer of trainers through his own years of experience. You can watch his video's and there is no second guessing he knew. My body changed and my workouts became much more interesting using his techniques. I still watch his vids for inspiration at my age. Many people come to me for training techniques because of my techniques that I owe to him. He will always be my trainer of trainers. God bless sir and you are remembered :(

Phil Hernon or John Meadows

That's it!

I actually was lucky enough to train with John a few times at Metro Worthington in Columbus back in 2011/12. I will cherish those experiences forever. He was such a genuine guy, and had no reason to give me the time of day as I was not a pro, or huge or anything. I think he just enjoyed teaching / coaching / imparting his wisdom to make others better.

I was also lucky enough to train with Mike Francois, and another really cool ass dude names Travis Branstetter if any of yall know him.

As for the comments about guys from the past, I think it is as someone said nostalgia, and those guys and their videos were influential in getting us into loving this. I
Training with John is brutal, that man knows how to tax the hell out of a targeted muscle. Me him and Shelby starnes trained legs together one time and none of us could walk down the gym stairs when it was over.

I will add Shelby Starnes to that list of people I would like to train with. Shelby is very strict, slow, and intense with his reps (how I train now).

Arnold at Golds sometime between '71 and '74. I of course would want to be in my 20's also while this is happening. Platz once said he trained with Arnold for 2 weeks when Arnold was in his pre-contest gig (every bdpt 3x ew). He said after 2 weeks he was completely wore out, getting weaker and shrinking, so he stopped. I gotta man dafuq up to do this haha! I would reaaalllly be curious how HARD Arnold trained - I mean to come in during the AM and hit chest & back, THEN come back in the PM and hit LEGS - and do that 3x ew?? Good Lord that's insane. I'd guess his shoulder & arm days were like rest days in comparison.
I started going to the LA bodybuilding gyms (Golds, Vince’s and Worlds) in ‘74 and up to the very early 80’s. Saw Arnold and many others train heaps of times. I have said this many times before that I was always surprised at how hard he did not train, many, most(?) I felt always left some gas in the tank. That does not mean he didn’t train hard. Of course he did, but not as hard as I thought he would have / should have from reading all the mags at the time (pre-internet and social media).

But to be perfectly fair, I don’t believe I ever saw him training in contest mode, i.e., multiple times a day. I was more of a summertime visitor form Nor Cal.

We've trained together before! (Columbus, with John, 2011) But yah that would be fun!
I'd pick Mentzer because training with a corpse would be present challenges I can only imagine.

We've trained together before! (Columbus, with John, 2011) But yah that would be fun!
I'd pick Mentzer because training with a corpse would be present challenges I can only imagine.
Yes, trust me I remember...LOL
I chose you as someone I would like to train with often, especially now as I feel we have similar training styles.

Some super fine and thicc thighed sexy big ass woman. It’d be f’n leg day every fuckin day!!!!!!

Cage

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner