over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil ....in reguards to diet

Iabadman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I am interested in the whys of your diet [ why no meat ? ect...] . What was your diet like offseason and for competitions back in the day when you were competing versus what you do today ? Why has it evolved to where it is now ?If you were trying to put lean mass on a guy that was wanting to stay lean and healthy along the way how would you do for him nutrition wise? [ remember guys , if Phil answer a question like this ......he would still need to taylor your program and training for you personally just like Dante would need to .....don't be cheap .....it is your body .....these will be outline answers and great insights to answers for our journey in this thing we call bodybuilding ......but the be hypothetical answers only ]

IAB,

I have to agree...people tend to say that so and so diet did not work for me. Well what worked for them may not work for you. That is why we experiment in the beginning to see what happens for ourselves.

When I won the USA

Iabadman said:
I am interested in the whys of your diet [ why no meat ? ect...] . What was your diet like offseason and for competitions back in the day when you were competing versus what you do today ? Why has it evolved to where it is now ?If you were trying to put lean mass on a guy that was wanting to stay lean and healthy along the way how would you do for him nutrition wise? [ remember guys , if Phil answer a question like this ......he would still need to taylor your program and training for you personally just like Dante would need to .....don't be cheap .....it is your body .....these will be outline answers and great insights to answers for our journey in this thing we call bodybuilding ......but the be hypothetical answers only ]

I ate nothing but Liquid aminos from beef, rice, broccoli, chicken, and MCT oil. That was it!!Today, I incorporate more fruit and eat practically no chicken. I also use more olive oil. I forgot to mention that I also eat yogurt for the cultures every day also, along with soy products.

wow .....where do you find your beef aminos ? How and why did you get hooked on the beef aminos ? Do they taste really bad ?......Sounds like your diet is very healthy and efficant . [ completely well rounded and health conscience] Do you time your carb intake and things like ? Do only combine your protien w/ fats like I do , or to include them all together ?

PHIL HERNON said:
I ate nothing but Liquid aminos from beef, rice, broccoli, chicken, and MCT oil. That was it!!Today, I incorporate more fruit and eat practically no chicken. I also use more olive oil. I forgot to mention that I also eat yogurt for the cultures every day also, along with soy products.
Phil turned me onto this diet and after being under 200 lbs for 18 of my 22 years of bodybuilding diets and under 205 for the next 3years...i did phils diet and i am 224 lbs at10% all within a 9 month period..it works

Iabadman said:
wow .....where do you find your beef aminos ? How and why did you get hooked on the beef aminos ? Do they taste really bad ?......Sounds like your diet is very healthy and efficant . [ completely well rounded and health conscience] Do you time your carb intake and things like ? Do only combine your protien w/ fats like I do , or to include them all together ?

They taste great. I have them made for me by a pharmaceutical company.

Beef amino's do they have calories phil? I know amino's are broken down proteins,but how you would covert that into grams, im very interested in learning more.

Thanks

Good question Vitor ......can we buy them from you? How much do go through a day ?

Read an article on IFBB pro Chris Duffy and he claimed that he use to get all his protein from protein shakes...with an ocassional meal of eggs. He would drink up to 8 shakes per day. Said that he never had a huge appetite and was against eating meat for ethical reasons.

I think Ian Harrison did the same.

Phil introduced me to them about 10 months ago...I regret stopping them...it left room in my stomach to eat more foods...rahter than having the high meat in my diet to fill me up. Plus I could eat more times during the day.

they are damn good aminos...if he is still getting them from the same place???

Could someone please PM me with info on who sells this and approximate cost's? I am so sick of chicken breast, tuna, and beef. Phil...these liquid aminos you talk of don't happen to be cherry flavored do they?

Beef Aminos

I can have my friend ship them right to you in a day or two. No carbs, no fats, just protein. Vanilla, choicolate, strawberry. $16 a bottle.

Well , I would love to know the breakdown on the stuff ? I will pm you for address and payment info for the product . But for the other guys interested.......How do you like to use it ? I am dieting very hard right now and we weigh about the same .......So how many serving do you use a day and how much protien would that give me ? I would love to quit eatting steak for awhile .[ I am sick of chewing and cooking ...lol ] Do you just drink it right out of the bottle ? Or do you mix it with oilive oil ? [ I know you like lots of it ] I use a mix of 2 to 1 flax to olive oil and add primrose oil at a gram and 3 grams of CLA and I mix it with with 50 to 75 grams of whey 2 -3 times a day . It has worked great for me ......I basically diet 6 days on 30 grams or less of carbs and only about 300 --350 of protien and the rest is good fats [ of course I add lots of vit / mins as well as fiber ] ....the 7 th day , I refeed and eat lot crap and lower my protien ..... I take in alot of friut as well .......This has worked great ......totally changed my body composition .....No drugs and can't train heavy as I am recovering from serveral pretty bad injuries ....I feel if I can fine tune a few things I will hit the 6 - 8 % bodyfat range I am after in the next couple of months . Then I hope to maintain as long as possible . I won't be the biggest guy around but look damm good because of my balance and shape......As I heal I will adjust my training hopefully slowly improve on my density ....How many bottle sshould I order for a month supply ? Like I said , I would love to give this product a serious try .......sick eatting steak .....lol ....

The formulator keeps it a secret

Iabadman said:
Well , I would love to know the breakdown on the stuff ? I will pm you for address and payment info for the product . But for the other guys interested.......How do you like to use it ? I am dieting very hard right now and we weigh about the same .......So how many serving do you use a day and how much protien would that give me ? I would love to quit eatting steak for awhile .[ I am sick of chewing and cooking ...lol ] Do you just drink it right out of the bottle ? Or do you mix it with oilive oil ? [ I know you like lots of it ] I use a mix of 2 to 1 flax to olive oil and add primrose oil at a gram and 3 grams of CLA and I mix it with with 50 to 75 grams of whey 2 -3 times a day . It has worked great for me ......I basically diet 6 days on 30 grams or less of carbs and only about 300 --350 of protien and the rest is good fats [ of course I add lots of vit / mins as well as fiber ] ....the 7 th day , I refeed and eat lot crap and lower my protien ..... I take in alot of friut as well .......This has worked great ......totally changed my body composition .....No drugs and can't train heavy as I am recovering from serveral pretty bad injuries ....I feel if I can fine tune a few things I will hit the 6 - 8 % bodyfat range I am after in the next couple of months . Then I hope to maintain as long as possible . I won't be the biggest guy around but look damm good because of my balance and shape......As I heal I will adjust my training hopefully slowly improve on my density ....How many bottle sshould I order for a month supply ? Like I said , I would love to give this product a serious try .......sick eatting steak .....lol ....

But I know they harvest it from beef raised on a strict diet. I used a bottle a day getting ready for the USA and night of champions. 1 Tbs is 5 grams of protein, and there are 32 servings. 1 gram of this is way better for me than 5 grams of whey.

so phil, in ur opinion....

so u think that supplements such as the liquid aminos your talking about, digest, metabolize and absorb more readily then a natual food product such as chicken, fish, egg whites or beef? Now I know many of the foods we eat today are not as natural as they once were, but still in the simple process of absorbtion by the small intestines do u think that supplements are more efficient then food? Secondly food is broken down into its smallest molecule being glucose, lipid, or amino acid, and the either stored or used for energy as ATP, the process of digestion takes energy, or energy expenditure and since most supplements that process has been already done do u think this is less energy spent on metabolism? If someone is dieting and wanting to expend more then what they take in wouldnt food groups be more efficient. Just curious and want to pick your brain, but I hope everyone knows that just cause they take a supplement doesnt mean they will look like phil, u r in your own class, and most cannot follow your path cause ur a freak :eek:
gooey

In my opinion.........

gooey said:
so u think that supplements such as the liquid aminos your talking about, digest, metabolize and absorb more readily then a natual food product such as chicken, fish, egg whites or beef? Now I know many of the foods we eat today are not as natural as they once were, but still in the simple process of absorbtion by the small intestines do u think that supplements are more efficient then food? Secondly food is broken down into its smallest molecule being glucose, lipid, or amino acid, and the either stored or used for energy as ATP, the process of digestion takes energy, or energy expenditure and since most supplements that process has been already done do u think this is less energy spent on metabolism? If someone is dieting and wanting to expend more then what they take in wouldnt food groups be more efficient. Just curious and want to pick your brain, but I hope everyone knows that just cause they take a supplement doesnt mean they will look like phil, u r in your own class, and most cannot follow your path cause ur a freak :eek:
gooey

Yes.

SO to clarify this, What is the best way to use this stuff? Right now I use alot of Optimum whey, do use the olive oil alot, and lately have been using liquid egg whites, with 1 whole egg in it. I eat alot of steak as well. Some chicken.

Would mixing like 2-3 tablespoons with 1 to 2 shakes be a good idea or not nearly enough?

WHat I do

vitor said:
SO to clarify this, What is the best way to use this stuff? Right now I use alot of Optimum whey, do use the olive oil alot, and lately have been using liquid egg whites, with 1 whole egg in it. I eat alot of steak as well. Some chicken.

Would mixing like 2-3 tablespoons with 1 to 2 shakes be a good idea or not nearly enough?

I use about 1/4 bottle per day/throughout the day I sip it.

Phil, do you think you could have your friend ship some to me as well?? I would also like to have access to these liquid aminos. If I can help build the customer base, please P.M me the contact info.. Thanks in advance.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws