advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

BEST CARDIO MACHINE TO DESTROY BODYFAT...

WHAT MACHINE IS MOST EFFECTIVE FOR PRE-CONTEST CARDIO?

• TREADMILL

Votes: 246 22.5%
  • BIKE

Votes: 67 6.1%
  • ELLIPTICAL

Votes: 259 23.7%
  • STEPMILL AKA STEPMASTER

Votes: 448 41.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 74 6.8%

• Total voters
Get a dog

My dog is not a "machine" but extreme high energy (Jack Russell) so I have to walk her at least 4 times a day in an urban environment. I just pick a new route or find a "dog friendly" restaurant with patio and head out for 1/2 - 1 hour per walk. It's a great way to get fresh air, explore new neighborhoods, keep my dog happy and I'm able to eat an extra 500 cal or so.

In my condo the gym air condition is broken (Miami at 85 degrees) so at 10 pm there is around 15 people training and sweating like pigs, it feels like 100 degrees, i do 35 minutes of treadmill and you feel yourself melted.

oh brother, will you just stfu. if you don't want to asnwer the question then stay out of the thread.

no, really? you mean you gotta lift weights and diet to get into shape.... hmm....
well then i guess coleman, cutler, preist, yates, every bodybuilder that did 2 hours+ cardio a day going into a contest, i guess those guys didn't have enough muscle "destroy bodyfat"

take your dumb answers to bodybuilding.com where you might impress some 15 year olds.

Chill out bro, it's just a bodybuilding message board.

For me...a clean diet alternating between 2 higher carb and 2 higher fat days while keeping protein at 350g/day and doing the Precor EFX Elliptical makes me shed fat like a mofo! :)

IMO, doing cardio w/ your body full of carbs is senseless!

climbing machine is the best to my knowledge. after that the eliptical. but its always good to mix it up. I like to do 1hr of cardio after weights. I like to keep my heart rate on the higher side 170-190 I push everything to the max.....even cardio.

Dude!!!!

I workout at this gym with really old equipment. Most of it the gym owner made himself(I'm serious). All the powerlifters workout there. The cardio equipment looks like its from the 80's. So Phil tells me to start doing a little cardio. I've been doing the elliptical on something that looks like its at least 10 years old. No heart monitors or anything. All that shit was ripped off the machine. hahaha. Seriously. So I see this thing that resembles a stepper but its real old and has chains hooked up to the little foot platforms. I get on this thing, figure it out, and really hit it. Like I'm Rocky climbing that mountain in the snow in Rocky IV. Man I'm busting ass on this thing...but damn...its suckin' the life out of me bros. So I have to ease up and slow the thing down...shit man...I'm really breathing hard now....so I gotta ease up on the damn thing again and slow it down more. By now, I'm hunched over the front of the machine and really sucking wind. Shit. My quads in both legs are locked up! Holy CRAP! I think I'm also going to hurl.... Good lord. When was this shit built? The dark ages? Come on...I gotta make it ONE more minute...I'm chugging along...sucking eggs...damn. my legs are so cramped up I can't make it this last minute...This shits TOO INSANE FOR ME!!!!

Fellas... Do you know how long I went on this thing, before I felt like I was going to hurl and my quads locked up? Seriously. I couldn't even walk over to a bench to sit down. FOUR MINUTES!!!!!!!!! I kid you not. I thought I'd get FIVE but I couldn't even hang.

All bets are off Fellas. That old StairStepper from 1980 has my name written all over it...and I ain't gonna let that old piece of garbage get the best of me! No SIR!

BTW...I can go 30 minutes with ease on an elliptical. No problems fellas and I can't even do FOUR on that thing!!!! Talk about embarrassing.

The hardest one is without a doubt the stairmaster, but with being said imo for someone who is in a calore deficit it might be a little to much on the high intensity side.

Right now im using the bike/treadmill/eliptical 15 mins. each 45 total 3-4 times week keeping my heart rate between 125-135 and that seems to be working for me.

IMO

I would have to agree that the best is not just one machine. I like to use a variety depending on how my knees are feeling. I'm a pre-breakfast fan. Although, I do drink a fat, carb free 20g protein shake first. 30-45min in the 130-160 HR range is where my fat just melts away. There's also nothing wrong with a good ole' fashioned run down the wrong side of the road.

I workout at this gym with really old equipment. Most of it the gym owner made himself(I'm serious). All the powerlifters workout there. The cardio equipment looks like its from the 80's. So Phil tells me to start doing a little cardio. I've been doing the elliptical on something that looks like its at least 10 years old. No heart monitors or anything. All that shit was ripped off the machine. hahaha. Seriously. So I see this thing that resembles a stepper but its real old and has chains hooked up to the little foot platforms. I get on this thing, figure it out, and really hit it. Like I'm Rocky climbing that mountain in the snow in Rocky IV. Man I'm busting ass on this thing...but damn...its suckin' the life out of me bros. So I have to ease up and slow the thing down...shit man...I'm really breathing hard now....so I gotta ease up on the damn thing again and slow it down more. By now, I'm hunched over the front of the machine and really sucking wind. Shit. My quads in both legs are locked up! Holy CRAP! I think I'm also going to hurl.... Good lord. When was this shit built? The dark ages? Come on...I gotta make it ONE more minute...I'm chugging along...sucking eggs...damn. my legs are so cramped up I can't make it this last minute...This shits TOO INSANE FOR ME!!!!

Fellas... Do you know how long I went on this thing, before I felt like I was going to hurl and my quads locked up? Seriously. I couldn't even walk over to a bench to sit down. FOUR MINUTES!!!!!!!!! I kid you not. I thought I'd get FIVE but I couldn't even hang.

All bets are off Fellas. That old StairStepper from 1980 has my name written all over it...and I ain't gonna let that old piece of garbage get the best of me! No SIR!

BTW...I can go 30 minutes with ease on an elliptical. No problems fellas and I can't even do FOUR on that thing!!!! Talk about embarrassing.
is that the thing that people call the gauntlet?? we have one at this gym in Paducah that my wife works at, and during my prep for jr. in 2005 in got on that thing and it kicked the living shit out of me.. so i feel your pain its like a mountain climber thing right? you move your legs and arms up and down like your climbing the side of a mountain?? man that thing is fucking brutal!

In my experience, cardio in excess or at a heart rate that's too high also breaks down the muscle. For me, diet and low-intensity cardio work best to burn the fat and preserve the muscle.

When it is time to do hardcore fatburning I love interval training, 1 minute reg pace, 1 minute fast (seriously fast) and 1 minute cool down then repeat. Max. 20-25 minutes, maybe 30. Works for me and I prefer the bike for that. Not so much trauma to the leg tissues. As for just normal hour after hour, treadmill with a good 4.5 or more grade!

Last edited:
My version of HIIT

Elipitical/stairmaster for 5 mins (fatburning zone, pulse 110-130) followed immediately w/ an intense set of dips/pushups/or pullups and repeat. Excellent for fat burning and conditioning.

Treadmill here. Low impact for a long duration and spares muscle, at least for me.

LOL, I probably wouldnt last 3 minutes on it then. WOW. Can you take a picture of this thing and post it, Id like to see.

LOL, I probably wouldnt last 3 minutes on it then. WOW. Can you take a picture of this thing and post it, Id like to see.

I think my gym had that machine littlemack was talking about, up until a few months ago. I lasted about 2 minutes:eek:

Never saw anyone use that thing and was curious. It looks like a torture device.

MUSCLE is the "BEST CARDIO MACHINE TO DESTROY BODYFAT"

or more specifically, working muscle with high intensity weight trianing, and correct diet to complete this goal.

This is my philosophy.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity