advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Building a better mind muscle connection?

I've noticed this too...but then you hear guys say the stretch is so important... especially when lengthened. So much conflicting info lol
Sometimes I feel like you paralyze yourself by limiting yourself to one mindset. No reason you can’t incorporate multiple styles into a single training session or split.

From a neurological standpoint Alpha GPC is proven to work for this i think

What built my mind-muscle connection:
  • Flexing in a mirror, watching the muscle move while feeling it squeeze and stretch
  • Flexing and stretching between sets to reinforce the connection with muscle being trained
  • Mentally thinking of only that muscle working during sets
  • Only performing exercises that I feel maximally in the muscle - if you don't feel it squeeze it won't grow optimally
  • Shortening ranges of motion - my quads blow away 99% of guys doing the hamstrings to calves shit and their heads would explode if they saw my ROM
Building my mind-muscle connection wasn't a quick thing - it took a few years of doing this to really master it.

I still hear guys say it's bullshit, they never feel the muscle work, etc. I believe @Beef_Stu_97 has said this. I can't comprehend that because I didn't start making serious progress until I figured it out. But maybe that's one of the big genetic differences between good pros and the biggest guy at the local gym.

I think range of motion is what holds a lot of guys back. Just because you can go from point A to point B doesn't mean you should. Think of unilateral rows for the lats - most guys are starting the lawnmower, pulling back as far as they can. Your lat doesn't contract that far. Find your ideal ranges of motion, which will be smaller the longer your limbs are, and stick with them. I struggled to grow my arms for years and it wasn't until I cut ROM by almost 50% that they really progressed.

Flexing and stretching between sets to reinforce the connection with muscle being trained
Hitting a most muscular between my pressing sets was amazing for developing connection for me

Nick walker does full ROM and you’re not half his size . What works for you doesent work for every one
I must have missed the part where he said it did… 🤔 LOL

Not everyone has Nick Walker’s genetics. He was sharing what helped him build “his”, which I don’t think I could add to his suggestions to make it any better.

Great post for a new member. 😂

Then what exactly was the point of your original post mentioning it?

because it does what was asked, if applied in a certain way.

every now and then i drop little tidbits of things that i have played with or done that are far outside of the norm. here on pm i do this, as it is very drugcentric forum. the thing i often allow myself to forget is that even in a drugcentric place 98.732% of people are total goobers when it comes to real high level drug use or implimintation of ideas that are far outside the box.

there is no proof anywhere in what im saying or have experienced, just my anecdotal results. the studies that i came up with the ideas from require lots of digging and really only provide fuel for though. in all honesty i dont think that anyone has the balls, head, resources or desire to replicate it. which is kind of sad as i get to some interesting stuff from time to time.

this in particular. i posted in another place a tiny bit of some experiments that i had been doing the last few years.
ive used a lot of drugs. in lots of ways. this drug in this way did things i did not expect, like performance enhancement.

neither person who ask have been here long enough or read far enough to understand the depth of that as you need to go to my posts from 10 years ago. today many peope ask and look for the things that i used to post all day about that no one else really messed with. this was simple another chapter of that.

you want to work on mind muscle connection?
i guess first you have to build the two first.
once you have done that there are ways to get to next level.
my results were what i feel all cns related. cns connects mind to muscle. inervation.
with results sort of like using peptides but no glycogen load.

that said. thank you guys for confirming that i was out of place.

lengthened partials - because ever since I started I was fascinated by Ronnie and Jay, I tried from the very beginning to train in 2/3 of the full range without lock out and that's how I grew the best - interestingly, when I switched to the full range of motion, not only did I start growing worse, but I also started to have more injuries
I never did lockouts but nor i even tried to do 2/3 of a rep, i definitely have to try that for legs.

Do you have any video that comes into your mind of a bodybuilder training like that?

Sometimes I feel like you paralyze yourself by limiting yourself to one mindset. No reason you can’t incorporate multiple styles into a single training session or split.
Your not wrong, I definitely am a self admitted over analyzer. But it's more the opposite where I read new things, incorporate them, and keep switching back and forth lol. I do like mountaindog arm training because it sensibly incorporate many styles in a logical way.

Activate, load, pump, stretch

What built my mind-muscle connection:
  • Flexing in a mirror, watching the muscle move while feeling it squeeze and stretch
  • Flexing and stretching between sets to reinforce the connection with muscle being trained
  • Mentally thinking of only that muscle working during sets
  • Only performing exercises that I feel maximally in the muscle - if you don't feel it squeeze it won't grow optimally
  • Shortening ranges of motion - my quads blow away 99% of guys doing the hamstrings to calves shit and their heads would explode if they saw my ROM
Building my mind-muscle connection wasn't a quick thing - it took a few years of doing this to really master it.

I still hear guys say it's bullshit, they never feel the muscle work, etc. I believe @Beef_Stu_97 has said this. I can't comprehend that because I didn't start making serious progress until I figured it out. But maybe that's one of the big genetic differences between good pros and the biggest guy at the local gym.

I think range of motion is what holds a lot of guys back. Just because you can go from point A to point B doesn't mean you should. Think of unilateral rows for the lats - most guys are starting the lawnmower, pulling back as far as they can. Your lat doesn't contract that far. Find your ideal ranges of motion, which will be smaller the longer your limbs are, and stick with them. I struggled to grow my arms for years and it wasn't until I cut ROM by almost 50% that they really progressed.
This is turning into a great thread and this is great advice. I'm slowly learning 😂 lol

Unreal info guys, did arms yesterday was really worked for me was:

- doing all unilateral movements
- 5s squeeze at the top of the concentric for triceps or a 5s pause w tension near the end of the eccentric on biceps

I've already written - cutler, coleman, compton are the best examples
In his heyday here…. Phil Hernon was also a huge proponent of this. He always had me cut off the top 10% of a movement and the bottom 10% and imagine myself moving like a piston in an engine.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131