over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GDA discussion.

Hypo after eating carbs sounds like you quite insulin sensitive and are getting reactive hypoglycemia. Might want to add a bit of fat or fiber to slow the glucose from hitting your stream so fast and getting a strong insulin bump. But you body reacts so good to the insulin it sucks all the glucose up and then has no more left and you go hypo

Even on gh for so long? I do always take a GDA stack before carbs for literally years now... Perhaps you're right. It makes no sense.

Based on research with R-ala and ala I would think you would want to take your gda 30minutes prior to high carb meal

Based on research with R-ala and ala I would think you would want to take your gda 30minutes prior to high carb meal

Yeah something like that, in a perfect world you would be able to time it perfectly- not a perfect world however.

Im giving the injectable resveratrol a try. Im hearing its very good with insulin sensitivity.
Just started to we'll see.

What do you propose happens if taken with or right after the meal?

Ajdos if you ever want to get a tan

The melanocortin agonist melanotan II increases insulin sensitivity in OLETF rats.

Banno R1, Arima H, Sato I, Hayashi M, Goto M, Sugimura Y, Murase T, Oiso Y.

Abstract

Effects of peripheral administration of melanotan II (MTII), a melanocortin agonist, on insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance were examined in Otsuka Long-Evans Tokushima Fatty (OLETF) rats. Subcutaneous administration of MTII with osmotic mini-pumps decreased food intake and body weight in OLETF rats. MTII group showed more sensitivity to insulin compared with that allowed to eat ad libitum or pair-fed group in insulin tolerance tests on day 9. MTII group also showed significantly lower glucose values than ad libitum group in glucose tolerance tests on days 11 and 23. Thus, MTII increased insulin sensitivity and improved glucose tolerance in OLETF rats.

PMID: 15350695 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Intracerebroventricular administration of melanotan II increases insulin sensitivity of glucose disposal in mice

AUTHOR(S)

Heijboer, A. C.; van den Hoek, A. M.; Pijl, H.; Voshol, P. J.; Havekes, L. M.; Romijn, J. A.; Corssmit, E. P. M.

ABSTRACT

Aims/hypothesis: The present study was conducted to evaluate the effects of central administration of melanotan II (MTII), a melanocortin-3/4 receptor agonist, on hepatic and whole-body insulin sensitivity, independent of food intake and body weight. Methods: Over a period of 24 h, 225 ng of MTII was injected in three aliquots into the left lateral ventricle of male C57Bl/6 mice. The animals had no access to food. The control group received three injections of distilled water. Whole-body and hepatic insulin sensitivity were measured by hyperinsulinaemic-euglycaemic clamp in combination with [�H]glucose infusion. Glut4 mRNA expression was measured in skeletal muscle. Results: Plasma glucose and insulin concentrations under basal and hyperinsulinaemic conditions were similar in MTII- and placebo-treated mice. Endogenous glucose production (EGP) and glucose disposal in the basal state were significantly higher in MTII-treated mice than in the control group (71�22 vs 43�12 �mol�min-1�kg-1, p<0.01). During hyperinsulinaemia, glucose disposal was significantly higher in MTII-treated mice (151�20 vs 108�20 �mol�min-1�kg-1, p<0.01). In contrast, the inhibitory effect of insulin on EGP was not affected by MTII (relative decrease in EGP: 45�27 vs 50�20%). Glut4 mRNA expression in skeletal muscle was significantly increased in MTII-treated mice (307�94 vs 100�56%, p<0.01). Conclusions/interpretation: Intracerebroventricular administration of MTII acutely increases insulin-mediated glucose disposal but does not affect the capacity of insulin to suppress EGP in C57Bl/6 mice. These data indicate that central stimulation of melanocortin-3/4 receptors modulates insulin sensitivity in a tissue-specific manner, independent of its well-known impact on feeding and body weight.

What do you propose happens if taken with or right after the meal?

Depends on the meal. If liquid probably doesn't matter much. If solid you may absorb to slowly to get all the effects.

I recommend looking into Cissus quadrangularis and Phellodendron for effects on slin sensitivity etc.

I recommend looking into Cissus quadrangularis and Phellodendron for effects on slin sensitivity etc.
Berberine is where it's at if you need to make it happen. Then ala, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar and the list goes on.

Berberine is where it's at if you need to make it happen. Then ala, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar and the list goes on.

I know I was just adding to the list. Lots of things many of us take help matters. If I was really concerned I would just use metformin. I have taken cinnamon and chromium picolinate for a long time. To be honest they came in a big tub and I would have stopped them if I didn't have so much. ALA I cycle but haven't used for a while. My slin sensitivity is very high so I don't need to take anything really. Although I am sure that will change in the next few months :D

Last edited:
I know I was just adding to the list. Lots of things many of us take help matters. If I was really concerned I would just use metformin. I have taken cinnamon and chromium picolinate for a long time. To be honest they came in a big tub and I would have stopped them if I didn't have so much. ALA I cycle but haven't used for a while. My slin sensitivity is very high so I don't need to take anything really. Although I am sure that will change in the next few months :D

Metformin is great at doing what it does, but it has it's negatives. Why cycle ALA?

The melanocortin agonist melanotan II increases insulin sensitivity in OLETF rats.

Banno R1, Arima H, Sato I, Hayashi M, Goto M, Sugimura Y, Murase T, Oiso Y.

Abstract

Effects of peripheral administration of melanotan II (MTII), a melanocortin agonist, on insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance were examined in Otsuka Long-Evans Tokushima Fatty (OLETF) rats. Subcutaneous administration of MTII with osmotic mini-pumps decreased food intake and body weight in OLETF rats. MTII group showed more sensitivity to insulin compared with that allowed to eat ad libitum or pair-fed group in insulin tolerance tests on day 9. MTII group also showed significantly lower glucose values than ad libitum group in glucose tolerance tests on days 11 and 23. Thus, MTII increased insulin sensitivity and improved glucose tolerance in OLETF rats.

PMID: 15350695 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Intracerebroventricular administration of melanotan II increases insulin sensitivity of glucose disposal in mice

AUTHOR(S)

Heijboer, A. C.; van den Hoek, A. M.; Pijl, H.; Voshol, P. J.; Havekes, L. M.; Romijn, J. A.; Corssmit, E. P. M.

ABSTRACT

Aims/hypothesis: The present study was conducted to evaluate the effects of central administration of melanotan II (MTII), a melanocortin-3/4 receptor agonist, on hepatic and whole-body insulin sensitivity, independent of food intake and body weight. Methods: Over a period of 24 h, 225 ng of MTII was injected in three aliquots into the left lateral ventricle of male C57Bl/6 mice. The animals had no access to food. The control group received three injections of distilled water. Whole-body and hepatic insulin sensitivity were measured by hyperinsulinaemic-euglycaemic clamp in combination with [�H]glucose infusion. Glut4 mRNA expression was measured in skeletal muscle. Results: Plasma glucose and insulin concentrations under basal and hyperinsulinaemic conditions were similar in MTII- and placebo-treated mice. Endogenous glucose production (EGP) and glucose disposal in the basal state were significantly higher in MTII-treated mice than in the control group (71�22 vs 43�12 �mol�min-1�kg-1, p<0.01). During hyperinsulinaemia, glucose disposal was significantly higher in MTII-treated mice (151�20 vs 108�20 �mol�min-1�kg-1, p<0.01). In contrast, the inhibitory effect of insulin on EGP was not affected by MTII (relative decrease in EGP: 45�27 vs 50�20%). Glut4 mRNA expression in skeletal muscle was significantly increased in MTII-treated mice (307�94 vs 100�56%, p<0.01). Conclusions/interpretation: Intracerebroventricular administration of MTII acutely increases insulin-mediated glucose disposal but does not affect the capacity of insulin to suppress EGP in C57Bl/6 mice. These data indicate that central stimulation of melanocortin-3/4 receptors modulates insulin sensitivity in a tissue-specific manner, independent of its well-known impact on feeding and body weight.

I had no idea.
Thing about MT2 is I had skin cancer, it was benign but I have heard if you have it MT2 can really increase the chances of a melanoma.

I have taken both, Phellodendron does pretty well honestly, cissus I didnt notice it I took it on and off since 2004 for my joints.

Metformin is great at doing what it does, but it has it's negatives. Why cycle ALA?

Funds... I am poor :eek: I know it is cheap but it all adds up and there are other things I would rather spend my money on. Although I like to cycle most of my supplements.

There are so many useful supplements if I was to take even 10% I would be on 20 different ones a day. I try to take effective but most needed ones for me at any given time. I used to manage a supplement shop and I was taking alsorts and it is overkill imo (literally 50 pills a day). Right now apart from the above I am just using liverlock (tudca), NAC, vitamin c, huperzine a and an immune booster. I will be getting a few others such as Curcumin and Maqui berry in the next week (used them before). I now have 3 smoothies a day with lots of fruits, greens and good fats so that helps matters.

Last edited:

Ala has negatives too. It's also questionable whether any gda actually helps unless you are damn insulin resistant. Most studies show healthy people with ok insulin sensitivity don't get any benefit

Ala has negatives too. It's also questionable whether any gda actually helps unless you are damn insulin resistant. Most studies show healthy people with ok insulin sensitivity don't get any benefit

What are the negatives with ALA? Those studies you speak of aren't on people like us who benefit from gda's pretty much across the board.

I've asked this before I'm sure. But how can one tell if there insulin sensitivity is high. Or low for that matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carb sensitivity is one of those tricky things to check without bloodwork.
However I gauge mine by how well I hold the carbs, if I start to spill over and look watery I can usually tell if I have been eating higher carbs the point my body starts to become 'less sensitive'. Conversely if I have been low carb for a while thats going to simply put me into a very insulin sensitive environment body wise and a good bunch of carbs will have me filled out and tighter.
But its all something I gauge by feel and mirror, also workouts so far as fullness and pump.

I've asked this before I'm sure. But how can one tell if there insulin sensitivity is high. Or low for that matter

Like AJ said, if you dont check BG levels. It may be hard to tell. For me I can tell I'm getting resistant when 50gr of carbs will make me spill, I'll also get pretty tired after a carb meal.

Thanks man. Been readng and sometimes after sleeping I will hold of on any meals with carbs in an effort to increase sensitivity

Im one of those people genetically that has good insulin sensitivity provided I give myself the proper dietary environment.
When I got my blood work done when my shit was all fucked up, I had all sorts of fucked up numbers but the Dr was in shock that despite my bodyweight in the 290's my blood glucose numbers were fantastic.
Now all the other numbers are in line and blood glucose still good, haven't had blood done in a bit but so far as right now, Im doing low carbs so I would presume that its beautiful and getting ready to go high carb here in a few days.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws