over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

physique and bodybuilding

Crazy how this new generation of kids you see in gyms these days ONLY think about competing in Physique... it's like bodybuilding is slowly fading away, for teens no longer care about it. Only 30+ y.o. guys seem to keep pushing the size road now... :cool:

It's definitely not the "IN" thing these days. Lets face it physique is easier. Not saying it's easy because I know there dieting there ass off but prepping for a bodybuilding show the right way is down right fucking Hard as hell. You gotta love to suffer to be a bodybuilder. Saying that they are ripped as hell which I admire. I think they should maybe switch the beach shorts out for something that might show the quad development more I think a lot physique guys would fall by the way side

that is only on the site from nationals.
I did my homework before, so as not to ask a baseless question.

it is allowed

application allows crossovers per division

Then what is up on the website is very misleading.

^^^^^^there is also more then one national show, and more then one national show promoter

Still no legs to show though. I call that a set back. We will call it like it is: An upper body show.

Their is a post on here with a pic of big rammi standing next to a psyique guy and the physique guys legs match his upper body.

Crazy how this new generation of kids you see in gyms these days ONLY think about competing in Physique... it's like bodybuilding is slowly fading away, for teens no longer care about it. Only 30+ y.o. guys seem to keep pushing the size road now... :cool:

It makes sense. When I got into it like many guys it was after seeing Arnold and wanting to look like that. The pysique look is closer to that and way more appealing to the average guy. I have much respect for the freak monsters and am a fan but would not want to go that route myself. Not to mention when guys realize the amount of drugs and possible health problems it probably turns most off of the 300 lbs of muscle idea. It would be nice to see psyique grow a little more and mirror the 70s 80s bodybuilders like Arnold, mentzer, serge , etc.

I don't recall their being an option to crossover when I did Jr's..... I don't believe that you can to be honest.

once again, you can
and again not all promoters are the same
so....some shows have different rules

I personally have a small draw to the physique class, not so much because my legs are weak, but the posing trunks you guys have the balls to wear. I just don't have the balls(no pun intended:D) to stand up in front of a bunch of strangers wearing today's posing trunks. You guys that do compete in the bb part, my hats off to you on multiple fronts.
But as far as the physique class goes, I'm too macho for that.lol

Last edited:
just so we dont have to hear again how it is not allowed

this below is copy pasted form a national show application

CROSSOVERS
Competitors are permitted to crossover into additional age groups within a Division as long as their age is within the required limits.

There is an additional entry fee for each class entered.

Competitors are also permitted to crossover to a different Division.

Btw, I think it's dumb as hell to have to pay to enter a competition of a decent caliber. If the show sells enough tickets to pay for the venue and trophies, paying to enter is ridiculous.

I've done a few masters BB shows.Done alright got some trophies. Still though for me to win, and really compete, I'd need 15 lbs more mass.And at my age that isn't easy. I could be an old physique guy, and probably do well.After I diet down I'm about 205 lbs stage ready. At 5'11" not that big.getting kind of frustrating to say the least.

lil off topic but IFBB pro Caprese Murray now competes in physique but not in bbing anymore.
I have seen guys at local shows compete in both. of course the NPC is ok with that, its prob a good way to make lil more $

I do think its two different looks (physique and bbing) BUT I am not sure how different it is to prepare and train for either. diet, lil cardio, drugs, weights... I think its more likely its different genetics that make the look different. ie, juice me to the gills and I will look more like Frank Zane than Ronnie Coleman.
-F2S

Could probably pull it off based on water retention. IDK the order, if bb is first and then drink lots of water, otherwise, kinda tough. Partial flexing? lol

I've done a few masters BB shows.Done alright got some trophies. Still though for me to win, and really compete, I'd need 15 lbs more mass.And at my age that isn't easy. I could be an old physique guy, and probably do well.After I diet down I'm about 205 lbs stage ready. At 5'11" not that big.getting kind of frustrating to say the least.

old physique guys get ifbb pro cards too

It makes sense. When I got into it like many guys it was after seeing Arnold and wanting to look like that. The pysique look is closer to that and way more appealing to the average guy. I have much respect for the freak monsters and am a fan but would not want to go that route myself. Not to mention when guys realize the amount of drugs and possible health problems it probably turns most off of the 300 lbs of muscle idea. It would be nice to see psyique grow a little more and mirror the 70s 80s bodybuilders like Arnold, mentzer, serge , etc.

Exactly. I find a lot of bodybuilders who post negatively about physique think young guys dont do bodybuilding because it is harder. They cant be bothered training legs and putting the effort in for all areas. But all the guys I have spoken too simply dont want to look like Ramy and prefer the physique look. The guys I see put just as much work in and are actually more meticulous about their diets.

It is good to see physique evolving though as quite frankly it was a complete joke when it first started. Its good to see the guys getting more developed and balanced. Some of the top physique guys look incredible now.

CM sorry I dont know anyone. You should be the first ;)

Last edited:
Exactly. I find a lot of bodybuilders who post negatively about physique think young guys dont do bodybuilding because it is harder. They cant be bothered training legs and putting the effort in for all areas. But all the guys I have spoken too simply dont want to look like Ramy and prefer the physique look. The guys I see put just as much work in and are actually more meticulous about their diets.

It is good to see physique evolving though as quite frankly it was a complete joke when it first started. Its good to see the guys getting more developed and balanced. Some of the top physique guys look incredible now.

CM sorry I dont know anyone. You should be the first ;)

I have to disagree with you.
Most guys I know who do physique do it for 3 reasons .
1)Either injuries have limited their ability to do legs sufficiently for growth
2)their young and they think physique SEEMS easier.

3) they think they can make more money and get more exposure doing physique over bodybuilding

There are WEIGHT CLASSES in bodybuilding, so the argument about looking like big Ramy is ridiculous (and how many guys even look like him anyways??)

Claiming drug use is irrelevant as both division abuse them, and at the higher levels of physique they probably/maybe use amounts comparable to what a light heavy weight and below bodybuilder might take.

Just my 2 cents ....

I have to disagree with you.
Most guys I know who do physique do it for 3 reasons .
1)Either injuries have limited their ability to do legs sufficiently for growth
2)their young and they think physique SEEMS easier.

3) they think they can make more money and get more exposure doing physique over bodybuilding

There are WEIGHT CLASSES in bodybuilding, so the argument about looking like big Ramy is ridiculous (and how many guys even look like him anyways??)

Claiming drug use is irrelevant as both division abuse them, and at the higher levels of physique they probably/maybe use amounts comparable to what a light heavy weight and below bodybuilder might take.

Just my 2 cents ....

I should add I was mainly referring to young guys. Not so much guys who have been training for years and thinking about bodybuilding then opt for physique. Many of these people havent even been training 1 year. The gyms I go to are full of young guys and many ask me things. Many of them dont even know who Ramy is. They want to look like fitness models. Its not about its easier to attain. A lot of these guys probably think they could look like Ramy if they took loads of gear.

Fact is show a pic of Ramy and one of Sadik to 100x 20 year olds and most will pick Sadik. Their reasoning behind their choice may be a bit flawed (celeb culture, advertising, pussy, negative press on BB etc) but they are still their reasons. Although I should add its not like Sadik is skinny... he is big and well developed and ripped. Thats also a much healthier body to be living in.

But sure drug use shouldnt even come into it... some big bodybuilders will be on 1-2 grams total and some physique guys may be on 5 grams and alsorts of fat burners. No one should ever really bring drugs into it apart from the simple fact physique is easier to achieve so should/will require less drugs for each individual.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity