over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

physique and bodybuilding

I have to disagree with you.
Most guys I know who do physique do it for 3 reasons .
1)Either injuries have limited their ability to do legs sufficiently for growth
2)their young and they think physique SEEMS easier.

There are WEIGHT CLASSES in bodybuilding,

they probably/maybe use amounts comparable to what a light heavy weight and below bodybuilder might take.

Just my 2 cents ....

If things pan out, and i dont have anything derail me, i will be a heavy, and looks like class D physique
should be @215-220#
I have no injuries (shoulder isnt great, but legs are healthy)
Not young, doing open and ,masters

I have changed absolutely nothing about the way I am training, dieting, cardio etc, i just bought shorts and have to tailor them in, so they fit my waist

not being argumentative, just saying hopefully I am not "most guys" as you said

If things pan out, and i dont have anything derail me, i will be a heavy, and looks like class D physique

should be @215-220#

I have no injuries (shoulder isnt great, but legs are healthy)

Not young, doing open and ,masters

I have changed absolutely nothing about the way I am training, dieting, cardio etc, i just bought shorts and have to tailor them in, so they fit my waist

not being argumentative, just saying hopefully I am not "most guys" as you said

What are your reasons for doing physique over bodybuilding if you don't mind me asking?

Something else Ive noticed is guys who compete in physique can come in HEAVIER then if they competed in bodybuilding!

I havent decided to do physique instead of bodybuilding
I am going to do both
Heavyweight and class D

I am struggling with it mightily, but during some posing practice, I was told by a couple pros, and couple judges, a head judge and promoter, along with countless others in my life, that I may be missing an opportunity by not doing physique.

I have been a bb, want to be a bb, will always be a bb at heart, but it has been an overwhelming barrage from many different angles, from people who have nothing to gain, telling me dont leave it on the table for someone else to get it

trust me, it has been hard to accept, and will be a hard thing for me to "own", but if things work out the way they are all saying, I will be in debt for them being so convincing

Part of the reason , besides asking if both had been done, was to see the back lash about physique in general.
people have been bad mouthing it for years, and being truthful, it has weighed on me, that I now might be the punch line.

Last edited:
Claiming drug use is irrelevant as both division abuse them, and at the higher levels of physique they probably/maybe use amounts comparable to what a light heavy weight and below bodybuilder might take.

Just my 2 cents ....

But I would think it's common sense. If the same exact guy has the choice to do pysique or bodybuilding and let's say he is 6 feet tall. To make it to the Olympia stage he would have to weigh over 260 lbs and more likely 280. Now top pysique guys in Olympia are 200 lbs. why would someone need the same amount of drugs to be a lean 200lbs? Lol That is attainable natural by some.

But I would think it's common sense. If the same exact guy has the choice to do pysique or bodybuilding and let's say he is 6 feet tall. To make it to the Olympia stage he would have to weigh over 260 lbs and more likely 280. Now top pysique guys in Olympia are 200 lbs. why would someone need the same amount of drugs to be a lean 200lbs? Lol That is attainable natural by some.

As I stated in the original post, there are weight classes in bodybuilding so that same individual could compete in the light heavy(if they diet harder/drop more water to get under 198) using the same protocol as physique...
Not many people EVER step on the national level stage at a lean 280 even at over feet.

This misconception that you have to be a freak to turn pro in bodybuilding is laughable. There are guys turning pro under 150lbs in bodybuilding every year. They may never win a pro show but let's be honest, not many people win shows in EITHER physique or bodybuilding.

Bodybuilding is not an all or nothing proposition. It can be done recklessly or very calculated to minimize risk (mountain dog proved that this past weekend)..,,

Wasn't the Olympia physique winner almost 220lbs???

I havent decided to do physique instead of bodybuilding
I am going to do both
Heavyweight and class D

I am struggling with it mightily, but during some posing practice, I was told by a couple pros, and couple judges, a head judge and promoter, along with countless others in my life, that I may be missing an opportunity by not doing physique.

I have been a bb, want to be a bb, will always be a bb at heart, but it has been an overwhelming barrage from many different angles, from people who have nothing to gain, telling me dont leave it on the table for someone else to get it

trust me, it has been hard to accept, and will be a hard thing for me to "own", but if things work out the way they are all saying, I will be in debt for them being so convincing

Part of the reason , besides asking if both had been done, was to see the back lash about physique in general.
people have been bad mouthing it for years, and being truthful, it has weighed on me, that I now might be the punch line.

I think you should go for it. For the handful of bodybuilders that give you shit for doing physique, you will have tons of guys telling you that your look is what they aspire to achieve. Physique is much more popular these days than bodybuilding which is obvious when you go to a show and see 10 bodybuilders in the whole show and 100 physique competitors.

took a shot today so I can get feedback
hopefully covering up with shorts doesnt mean "hiding"

Attachments

• pm.JPG
    pm.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Some are pretty big...I personally know an Olympian that is currently 240lbs and lean!! He obviously won't be that on stage but he is a beast.

As I stated in the original post, there are weight classes in bodybuilding so that same individual could compete in the light heavy(if they diet harder/drop more water to get under 198) using the same protocol as physique...
Not many people EVER step on the national level stage at a lean 280 even at over feet.

This misconception that you have to be a freak to turn pro in bodybuilding is laughable. There are guys turning pro under 150lbs in bodybuilding every year. They may never win a pro show but let's be honest, not many people win shows in EITHER physique or bodybuilding.

Bodybuilding is not an all or nothing proposition. It can be done recklessly or very calculated to minimize risk (mountain dog proved that this past weekend)..,,

Well we will have to agree to disagree. And to the 150 lbs pro lol yeah Flávio was 4'10" show me a 150 lbs pro tha is normal height. Also my point was on the Olympia stage so the best of the best can compete at around 200. Their will never be a 6' bodybuilder on tithe Olympia stage under 260lbs and even that would probably be to light.

Obviously this has been done at the lower levels with some success, Ive heard of some local competitors around me who have done this. Even if you could do so at the national level, I don't think it would be as successful. As you rise up the ranks the gap between BB'ing and physique definitely widens in terms of size and shape differences. It takes a lot more size in national shows to be a competitive bodybuilder in all weight classes, and national level physique guys, while in good shape, likely wouldn't have the required size at the national level.

I guess we will see

I just did Southern States and this was happening everywhere.... . The guy that won my class that eventually took the whole Masters Physique Class came back the next day and came in 2nd in the BB MW class..... how does that happen???.... the CRITERIA is DIFFFERENT!!! IMO the guys that took 1st and 3rd in Physique were too big... don't get me wrong... NOT knocking these guys at all as they looked phenomenal.... but WTF are the judges looking for???!!!!

I can only see 3 outcomes when shit like this happens...
Competitor wins a division but bombs the other
Competitor does mediocre in both divisions
Competitor BOMBS both divisions..

How can the Competitor place in BOTH??? just don't get it

Sounds like a good question for MT! But as far as competing in both I mean why not? As long as you know your mandatories it shouldn't be a problem just slap some board shorts on over your posing trunks and boom! I'd say you could win both if your conditioning an posing is on point!

Weight has nothing to do with any of it, put a physique guy next to a bodybuilder and it's 2 different physiques physique doesn't have that 3d thickness bodybuilders get. (look at a 212 guy and a physique guy who weighs the same)

Not a single pro physique guy could stand next to any pro bodybuilder and not look like a joke.

Living in SoCal, physique has taken over it's a joke, 18yo kids in high school who are skinny shredded think they are trainers and gods because they are doing physique shows.

Sounds like a good question for MT!

He actually came and saw me.... SUPER nice guy.... helped me with my posing as well.... He had me place higher than the judges (officially came in 6th)... he felt the guys that took 1st-3rd were too jacked..... which is exactly my point....If size is not to be marked down then you gonna see BB's slap on boardshorts and place high....

He actually came and saw me.... SUPER nice guy.... helped me with my posing as well.... He had me place higher than the judges (officially came in 6th)... he felt the guys that took 1st-3rd were too jacked..... which is exactly my point....If size is not to be marked down then you gonna see BB's slap on boardshorts and place high....

Totally agree bro any big guy or a freak would bomb at physique ( which would be the case for a national show like the OP was asking) So yeah you have a very valid point there I wasn't really thinking about that..

if you are a freak with broad shoulders and a tiny waist you will still do great at any national level MP show. some bbs just dont fit the "look" and stick out like a sore thumb with the overly developed traps and blocky waists. really it comes down to how aesthetic you look in the board shorts.

** when i say freak i mean within reason :D

Last edited:
if you are a freak with broad shoulders and a tiny waist you will still do great at any national level MP show. some bbs just dont fit the "look" and stick out like a sore thumb with the overly developed traps and blocky waists. really it comes down to how aesthetic you look in the board shorts.

** when i say freak i mean within reason :D

Definitely evolving to more of a BB look.... but not the hard, grainy, veiny John Meadows look.... the size is gonna have to be there just not as peeled....

P-Lethal you hit it right on the head..... as long as you look aesthetic in board shorts is all that's gonna matter....

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner