over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Battling Tren Insomnia

Adonis89

Registered
My body tolerates Tren Ace very well (Enanthate was pure sides for me). My labs look perfect even when running 500mg Tren Ace per week. The only side effect that is truly life-interrupting is the Insomnia. The night-sweats don't even bother me as long as I can sleep through them! I use tren for 4-8 week bursts and losing sleep is both unhealthy and not conducive to bodybuilding goals. Therefore, with the advice and prescriptions of my doctor, I have tried several pharmaceutical solutions for sleep while on Tren that I'd like to share.

I've used:

Lunesta 3mg - helps me get to sleep, but after 4 hours I am up with difficulty remaining asleep. My sleep is not very deep with just Lunesta while on Tren.

Lunesta 3mg + Trazadone 50mg: This is a decent solution. I don't have a prescription for Trazadone but I've gotten some from a close Dr. Friend to try out. This is an option that I keep open. Trazadone has little if any withdrawal.

Lunesta 3mg + Seroquel 25mg: This was a great solution, but I'm opposed to using Seroquel except when in a bind. The drug has nasty effects on the metabolism (interferes with lypolysis, insulin sensitivity, etc) and can cause some withdrawal. 25mg is a baby dose but still...

Lunesta 3mg + Klonopin 2-3mg: This is a good solution as well. I like Klonopin as it's mild and long acting. I don't like the idea of using a benzo for too long because of the withdrawal. I didn't have any withdrawal from using it for about a month during my last Tren Ace burst though.

I also use a decent dose of:

ZMA
Tryptophan
Valarian
L-Theanine

However these are not enough on their own while using Tren to get a full, deep 8 hours of sleep that I need (at least for me). I'd ideally like to find an OTC solution that is sedating enough. The problem with sleep on Tren in my opinion has to do with CNS stimulation from the androgenic activity. This is why Seroquel works so well in cases of insomnia because it slows down the dopamine/nor-epinephrine activity in the brain - which is stimulated by Tren.

I was thinking that 5-HTP may be a good way to keep serotonin levels up while on Tren. Since the CNS is pretty active while on Tren, serotonin can be depleted. I may give this a shot.

I like the idea of using some OTC Gaba-related compounds like Phenibut. I have heard that Phenibut users get some nasty hang-over and tolerance issues. Picamilon is a niacin bound GABA that helps it cross the BBB better than free form Gaba and I've seen some decent reports of sleep-help from it online. I will likely be trying picamilon as well.

Many guys who use HGH say that a decent shot of HGH (2+iu) before bed helps reduce the tren insomnia but I don't use HGH that much as of right now.

I have a love-hate relationship with Tren because it has such amazing body-composition effects, doesn't negatively impact my labs but definitely interferes with my sleep...

Does anyone else have any success battling Tren insomnia?

Why don't you just lower the tren dose until you can sleep?

lowering tren is not a feasible option. we all want our cake and eat it too.

for me, gh didn't help with better sleep on tren. 5 htp was good but I felt very groggy the next day.

I could be wrong but I think I remember kaladryn taking about taking a lil prami before bed and he had no sides.

also, that bloke has posted about sleep aids he's udes on tren.

hopefully they chime in.

when looking for a natural alternative its possible 5htp works well because it crosses the blood brain barrier. Gaba pills do not cross.

lowering tren is not a feasible option. we all want our cake and eat it too.

for me, gh didn't help with better sleep on tren. 5 htp was good but I felt very groggy the next day.

I could be wrong but I think I remember kaladryn taking about taking a lil prami before bed and he had no sides.

also, that bloke has posted about sleep aids he's udes on tren.

hopefully they chime in.

Any dose of tren that is worth running causes sleep issues for me. It's a balancing act. I'd rather counter the sleep issues and use an optimal dose of tren then use a sub-optimal dose and still have most of the sleep issues. Again, my overall health is not negatively impacted by tren.

I've heard mixed things about prami. Hopefully we get some more feedback here.

I'm going to pick up some 5-htp and give it a go. I'd rather feel groggy and sleep then not sleep and feel just as groggy...and tired/worn out.

What dose of 5-htp did you have success with?

when looking for a natural alternative its possible 5htp works well because it crosses the blood brain barrier. Gaba pills do not cross.

Correct, Gaba itself doesn't cross the BBB, but picamilon was designed to at least partially correct this issue - at least on paper and through some anecdotal reports that I've seen on insomnia forums, etc. May not be a bad idea to at least try.

Prami should help you sleep, over time. It can and probably will make your sleep worse for at least the first few days, at least, that's how it is for me. So, this could be a cure for your insomnia, but that's not the only factor limiting your sleep. A cold sweat covered pillow could be plenty enough to wake you up, not really much you can do about that one besides get used to it. Lastly, prostate enlargement can have you up feeling the need to piss several times a night. So to stay asleep yes you could invest in some sleep aids, but I personally do not like these types of medications for personal reasons (people seem to get addicted to them too). I use some saw palmetto and try to limit my liquid consumption when it gets close to bed time to minimize the night pissing.

I've been on tren for awhile now, and it seems that my sleep is decent, the only times I wake up are when I go piss, and since I drink a ton of water and gatorade, I'm not too surprised that I piss so often.

Seroquel is a BEAST lol, My dr had me on that a few years ago, but I was taking 50 mg a day, I would fall to sleep at 8pm and would still be groggy by 8 am lol

i too had incureable insomnia on tren.....for me anything over 500mg meant iwas awake 4hrs after i fell asleep.i tried trazadone,lunesta and finally settled for 6ius of gh before bed and 2 somas. sleep wasnt great,but acceptable.still woke up,but was able to go back to sleep.the introduction of the gh before bed did the trick for me.

I used jarrows 50mg, it really needs to be taken on empty stomach to get into system more effectively.

And I agree w the o/p run the optimal dose of tren and then work to combat the sides you get.

for what its worth, a great 'tren-like' stack for me without sides was weekly 700primo 150 test p with 150 tren a wk and 30 var a day.

The test/tren was a blend. You should play around w compounds. I think its possible to avoid tren at high doses and build a good physique.

as little as 40mg of tren makes me not sleep i was up all night the past to nights...

This sleep issue the exactly what my issue with tren is. I am a cautious guy and read enough to know that tren warranted extra caution. I shit you not, I began at 30 mgs of tren every other day. That is equals to a mere 15 mgs a day. Toward the end of my bottle I was at 50 mgs a night and the sleep issue was the same from start to end. Unlike with test, the side effect came at a lower dosage than the results. I was miserable. I am very interested in this thread as well.

Have you tried melatonin? I know that when I take MT2 that shit will make me sleep 10 or more hours a nite at just 250mcg. That's why I hate taking it. I can't stand to sleep that much.

Prami should help you sleep, over time. It can and probably will make your sleep worse for at least the first few days, at least, that's how it is for me. So, this could be a cure for your insomnia, but that's not the only factor limiting your sleep. A cold sweat covered pillow could be plenty enough to wake you up, not really much you can do about that one besides get used to it. Lastly, prostate enlargement can have you up feeling the need to piss several times a night. So to stay asleep yes you could invest in some sleep aids, but I personally do not like these types of medications for personal reasons (people seem to get addicted to them too). I use some saw palmetto and try to limit my liquid consumption when it gets close to bed time to minimize the night pissing.

Thanks for your input. I agree that sometimes the sweat is enough to wake me up, however I've had night sweats on occasion when not on tren (when sleep is normal, deep and sufficient) and they don't usually wake me up. I always keep the fan blasting and a towel nearby in case I wake up - I just throw it over the wet area quickly and get right back to sleep. Prami is definitely something I'll consider. To me at least, it seems like a dopamine agonist like prami would be counter-intuitive since elevated CNS activity from tren/androgens results in more dopamine/nore-epi activity...

I had a prostate check up in the past and even when on tren there was never any size increase. I only use TRT doses of test. I think tren + elevated estrogen (or just elevated estrogen in general in the presence of androgens like endogenous DHT) is the main cause of exacerbated side effects.

I've been on tren for awhile now, and it seems that my sleep is decent, the only times I wake up are when I go piss, and since I drink a ton of water and gatorade, I'm not too surprised that I piss so often.

Seroquel is a BEAST lol, My dr had me on that a few years ago, but I was taking 50 mg a day, I would fall to sleep at 8pm and would still be groggy by 8 am lol

Seroquel definitely works...it's just a shitty drug in my opinion. The side effects it can produce are basically opposite of anything we want as bodybuilders. A reasonable dose of seroquel can bog the metabolism right down.

i too had incureable insomnia on tren.....for me anything over 500mg meant iwas awake 4hrs after i fell asleep.i tried trazadone,lunesta and finally settled for 6ius of gh before bed and 2 somas. sleep wasnt great,but acceptable.still woke up,but was able to go back to sleep.the introduction of the gh before bed did the trick for me.

I've heard many people find that 4-6iu HGH is enough to get sufficient and restful sleep while on tren. In the long term, GH is probably the most favorable solution, lol.

I used jarrows 50mg, it really needs to be taken on empty stomach to get into system more effectively.

And I agree w the o/p run the optimal dose of tren and then work to combat the sides you get.

for what its worth, a great 'tren-like' stack for me without sides was weekly 700primo 150 test p with 150 tren a wk and 30 var a day.

The test/tren was a blend. You should play around w compounds. I think its possible to avoid tren at high doses and build a good physique.

I absolutely love primo. 700+mg of primo is definitely tren-like in some capacities. Primo+var or mast is probably as close as it gets to tren without most of the sides. I've tried mast E and because of the longer half life, it was producing enough androgen activity to screw with my sleep almost as much as tren. Mast P didn't give me this effect at all. I don't lose my hair (never have no matter what I run - and hopefully never will), but I shed a bit faster on Mast.

This sleep issue the exactly what my issue with tren is. I am a cautious guy and read enough to know that tren warranted extra caution. I shit you not, I began at 30 mgs of tren every other day. That is equals to a mere 15 mgs a day. Toward the end of my bottle I was at 50 mgs a night and the sleep issue was the same from start to end. Unlike with test, the side effect came at a lower dosage than the results. I was miserable. I am very interested in this thread as well.

I agree. Any tren in my blood and sleep is affected. That's why I just prefer to run tren at an optimal dose and combat the sleep issues for the time being. I stay on primo most of the year, but I only blast with tren a few times. To me, since the only side I get from tren is insomnia, it's worth it to combat the issue with the necessary means (within healthful reason - like I said, I'm not a fan of the idea getting withdrawal from benzo's or fucking my metabolism up with Seroquel).

Have you tried melatonin? I know that when I take MT2 that shit will make me sleep 10 or more hours a nite at just 250mcg. That's why I hate taking it. I can't stand to sleep that much.

I have. Melatonin doesn't do much if anything for me. MT2 is amazing. It definitely improves my sleep...when I'm not on tren. I'll trade issues with you - I'll gladly take the 10 hours sleep.

While I haven't ran tren yet, as a chronic insomniac by nature I can tell you that after trying everything under the sun, there are only 2 things that help me personally.

Doxylamine Succinate- Helps me stay asleep better than anything else without giving me the dreadful benedryl hangovers. Doesn't help much with getting to sleep though,

Phenibut- Used in higher doses it can get you great sleep AND make you feel high as a kite... even into the next day. I absolutely love this stuff, but the problems are withdrawal, price, and the fact that you build a tolerance to it quickly and need to up the dose or cycle off. Definitely not a long term solution.

You know what you got into dealing with tren, so just deal with it dude.

I dealt with it by taking a good 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I would get 5 hours of sleep at night get my ass moving, get a good workout in and then take a big nap. I only did it for 4 weeks because it screwed up my labs big time.

I asked my doc for some vistaril, it knocks you the f#ck out. It's used as a sedative for pre dental surgery I believe and it's An antihistamine so no w/d's.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws