over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Curcumin: Overhyped trend?

Hard to say either way, but i just started using raw tumeric root that i just chop up into little pieces and down like capsules. I do believe we cant go wrong with the natural forms of various products.
Im very surprised with how well raw ginger works to help pain, amoung other things and tumeric is part of the same family.

Keep in mind for every natural substance that works, youll find studies discrediting them.. likely funded by big pharma indirectly because they want you to buy their products.

Hard to say either way, but i just started using raw tumeric root that i just chop up into little pieces and down like capsules. I do believe we cant go wrong with the natural forms of various products.
Im very surprised with how well raw ginger works to help pain, amoung other things and tumeric is part of the same family.

Keep in mind for every natural substance that works, youll find studies discrediting them.. likely funded by big pharma indirectly because they want you to buy their products.
I can tell you with a good amount of certainty that raw turmeric's bioavailability is so low, you aren't getting much from that compared to these extracts. It's pretty well established the low bioavailability is the hurdle here.

I can tell you with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY ........

After prep i hadnt stocked on LEF BCM-95 and ran out..... stopped for about a month. Knees were KILLING ME again (just like before i started it and attributed the recovery to BPC, TB, cissus, GH which im sure did HELP)... and couldnt figure out why (i went with wear and tear and reduced frequency which barely helped).

Finally slowed down and thought about what i had done to fix the prob initially and realized i was off curcumin (well and also resveratrol and Cissus) so i ordered it all and started back...

So far roughly 12 days and 2 leg workouts in and at least im not holding the sink and lowering myself onto the toilet anymore. Its improving day by day and hopefully restored soon....

You guys saying absorption is the problem - did you actually read the link? The problem is that curcumin seems to show activity where there is none due to the methods measuring biological activity used. That's how I read it, nothing to do with absorption from the digestive tract. The compounds gets in and seems to show activity but the data is faulty.

You always have to be wary of anecdotal reports. So many supplements have fallen out of favor despite tons of initially reported positive effects. Takes a while for people to notice it was mostly placebo.

I just go by other people's positive reports on CRP in bloods. A huge worry of mine is cardimyopathy and inflammation generally as someone prone to asthma and allergies already (inflammatory issues). So for this reason, I'm in. Because its verifiable on bloods, up or down in an otherwise stable system (diet, drugs, generally the same). (BCM95 by the way)

All the other stuff, pain management, I dunno. But bloods don't lie. I don't believe in anything until see it on the blood tests of myself or others. Just going by Dante's and some trusted others at this point, as getting bloods done more than a couple times a year where I'm at is a big problem. Hope soon.

You guys saying absorption is the problem - did you actually read the link? The problem is that curcumin seems to show activity where there is none due to the methods measuring biological activity used. That's how I read it, nothing to do with absorption from the digestive tract. The compounds gets in and seems to show activity but the data is faulty.

You always have to be wary of anecdotal reports. So many supplements have fallen out of favor despite tons of initially reported positive effects. Takes a while for people to notice it was mostly placebo.

just like steroids causing athletic benefits was up until the 1980s officially considered placebo lol

I just go by other people's positive reports on CRP in bloods. A huge worry of mine is cardimyopathy and inflammation generally as someone prone to asthma and allergies already (inflammatory issues). So for this reason, I'm in. Because its verifiable on bloods, up or down in an otherwise stable system (diet, drugs, generally the same). (BCM95 by the way)

All the other stuff, pain management, I dunno. But bloods don't lie. I don't believe in anything until see it on the blood tests of myself or others. Just going by Dante's and some trusted others at this point, as getting bloods done more than a couple times a year where I'm at is a big problem. Hope soon.

What kind of CRP results have you seen pre-curcumin? I've never had mine checked before curcumin, only after.

Its called they know it works and could replace their patented drugs so it gets badmouthed, don't believe it, its bullshit

just like steroids causing athletic benefits was up until the 1980s officially considered placebo lol

Not everything is a grand conspiracy by the evil drug manufacturers. This article doesn't even say curcumin doesn't work for any ailment, what it says is that the research is faulty due to curcumin being a "promiscuous chemical" which causes "false hits" on drug screens. The researchers actually want it to work but have been unable to develop drugs based on curcumin because of, according to the article, the aforementioned problems. Remember that millions of people swear by things like homeopathy but it has never been scientifically proven, and thhere has never been a solid proposed mechanism at work with homeopathy.

I'm not saying curcumin doesn't work, just that people need to be critical or they will fall for anything.

I also remember everyone and their brother trying to debunk creatine when it came out....yet here it is standing the test of time still the number one proven supplement in bodybuilding.

So here we go again in the fitness world.

Whey protein works....no it sucks and this is why.
Waxy Maize/HBCD works....no it sucks and this is why
citrulline works...no it doesnt and here is why

its neverending....yet here is a supplement that the masses say helps joint pain immensely, shows REPEATEDLY on bloodwork that it lowers inflammation and again the trendy thing is ALWAYS TEAR DOWN what is popular.

Put any supplement in google and put "doesnt work" after it and youll see site after site saying why you shouldnt take it...its how you can make a name for yourself in many genre's.

You posted this yesterday Alfresco...about examine.com - alot of guys on here have used that site for years...they do a great job and put a great deal of research into their data. they dont bullshit around on that site.

I tend to believe them and the 280 links at the bottom

https://examine.com/supplements/curcumin/

I also remember everyone and their brother trying to debunk creatine when it came out....yet here it is standing the test of time still the number one proven supplement in bodybuilding.

So here we go again in the fitness world.

Whey protein works....no it sucks and this is why.
Waxy Maize/HBCD works....no it sucks and this is why
citrulline works...no it doesnt and here is why

its neverending....yet here is a supplement that the masses say helps joint pain immensely, shows REPEATEDLY on bloodwork that it lowers inflammation and again the trendy thing is ALWAYS TEAR DOWN what is popular.

Put any supplement in google and put "doesnt work" after it and youll see site after site saying why you shouldnt take it...its how you can make a name for yourself in many genre's.

You posted this yesterday Alfresco...about examine.com - alot of guys on here have used that site for years...they do a great job and put a great deal of research into their data. they dont bullshit around on that site.

I tend to believe them and the 280 links at the bottom

https://examine.com/supplements/curcumin/

Wow, couldn't have said it better myself.

Not everything is a grand conspiracy by the evil drug manufacturers. This article doesn't even say curcumin doesn't work for any ailment, what it says is that the research is faulty due to curcumin being a "promiscuous chemical" which causes "false hits" on drug screens. The researchers actually want it to work but have been unable to develop drugs based on curcumin because of, according to the article, the aforementioned problems. Remember that millions of people swear by things like homeopathy but it has never been scientifically proven, and thhere has never been a solid proposed mechanism at work with homeopathy.

I'm not saying curcumin doesn't work, just that people need to be critical or they will fall for anything.

To be fair, and correct me if I am wrong since I can only go by memory of your post history, but it sort of sounds like you just aren't a believer in supplements.

My father is 73, soon to be 74. He's needed new knees for over a decade, but is too afraid to get the procedure. He won't take pills unless the doctor prescribes them to him.

He loses his mind when he doesn't have his curcumin.

"Hey, uh, make sure you order that stuff real soon. I can feel it when I don't take it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My father is 73, soon to be 74. He's needed new knees for over a decade, but is too afraid to get the procedure. He won't take pills unless the doctor prescribes them to him.

He loses his mind when he doesn't have his curcumin.

"Hey, uh, make sure you order that stuff real soon. I can feel it when I don't take it"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuff has to be the real deal...

I work 2 jobs, alot of hours..now dealing with two babies plus training and I have basically no aches or pains since taking injectable Curcumin. No joint pain at all, can totally tell inflainflammation is low in my body right now.

I also take Kratom too so that may play into it as well.

anyone cares to inform me where I could get the injectable form at this web or else? maybe you could PM me if you are not allowed to display this info publicly. thanks.

anyone cares to inform me where I could get the injectable form at this web or else? maybe you could PM me if you are not allowed to display this info publicly. thanks.
Board sponsor Veteran Supplies.

I really fell off on this but my new years resolution was hrt doses from here on out and more health supps. I'm thankful for this thread.

I've been taking some form of curcumin for over 3 years straight now. I don't even want to imagine what would happen if I stopped.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131