over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Curcumin: Overhyped trend?

Been using it for maybe 4+ years now. Curcumin is so NOT overhyped and I agree with Dante it is the next creatine (look out for all the various "versions" or "delivery methods" as everyone hops aboard this train) BUT useful to so many more walks of life not just gym goers. Just like all things that big pharma fears, this is the next one so anything you read over the next few months or years are those guys worried about their bottom line. You already see what they did with fish oils, they could not deny the benefits and gave in and now sell that overpriced ethyl-ester crap.

I suspect they will not sell this stuff but just demonize it and say it does not work. They successfully did it with ephedrine but no one will be overdosing on Curcumin so it is hear to stay.

Curcumin is so good that even my Dr who is not into all those OTC supps said to me “oh you take Curcumin? …. I hear it is good stuff even has anti-cancer properties”.

The word is out. It is great stuff, just need the right form – BCM etc.

What brand is every talking? LE Curcumin or inject from VR? How much of a disparity is there with the two?

I have been using inj CUR off and on for 10 plus years, as I have gotten older my CUR RES Glut shots are must haves.

side note: Wife and I rescued a Mastiff/american bulldog mix with hip dysplasia, put him on a teaspoon of tumeric a day with meal and not a problem since, now that said it is highly bioavailable in dogs.

Ak

It is great stuff, just need the right form – BCM etc.

You think taking standard curcumin powder with piperine can be comparable to the BCM form?

Literally just pulled the trigger on bulk 95% curcumin powder before reading this :/

You think taking standard curcumin powder with piperine can be comparable to the BCM form?

Literally just pulled the trigger on bulk 95% curcumin powder before reading this :/
Don't worry. Not like it's going to be worthless. I have read that people in India generally don't have high rates of cancer, etc. They're just eating a ton of curry.

Use the piperine and take it with fats.

I would not like to deal with that source, one of the fellas from the gym I go to, had a non pleasant experience with it; do you know any other source, even if it's not from this web? Thanks.

I was taking the BCM 95, but opted to try to injectable curcumin and notice a big endurance change and healthier skin. I've been doing the injections now for over 3 weeks now.

I was taking the BCM 95, but opted to try to injectable curcumin and notice a big endurance change and healthier skin. I've been doing the injections now for over 3 weeks now.
I'm seriously considering trying a few IM items. Curc and glute. What's your dosing?

The difference is incredible.

Ak

I'm seriously considering trying a few IM items. Curc and glute. What's your dosing?

Right now I'm doing 600 curcumin and 400 glut.

If you start, go low and work your way up, there can be some flu like sides to start. Not everyone gets them.

To be fair, and correct me if I am wrong since I can only go by memory of your post history, but it sort of sounds like you just aren't a believer in supplements.

No I believe in supplements just like I believe in drugs. And often there isn't a hard line between a supplement and a drug. Drugs often come straight from nature. If curcumin works, and it seems many will vouch it does, it could be called a drug just as well. I just noticed people hadn't even read the link, talking about absorption when it wasn't relevant to the article - probably lots of in vitro research where absorption from the gut becomes irrelevant (if I understand correctly). I'm no scientist but even I could gather the point about faulty methodology. I find it ridiculous how many will quote studies when it confirms their ideas but talk about conspiracies as soon as it goes against their ideas. Again, researchers in the article try to find out how it works and no doubt try to make drugs based on mechanisms of how it works. And one, whose study failed to show positive results, still think it probably works for some things.

What I'm saying is be critical, it's only smart when it comes to this industry. When guys ask me which supplements really work for bodybuilding I struggle to think of much else than the example Dante gave, creatine. Even with creatine, some level headed guys like Stan Efferding will say it's shit and does nothing, just eat a ton of salt and animal fats instead Lol.

I use supplements all the time though, sometimes against better judgement Lol. Not much ever really made a real difference if I'm honest with myself. So a ton of money down the drain. I couldn't see a difference with curcumin myself but maybe I'll try another brand lol.

Think about this: how many MILLIONS of people will swear homeopathy absolutely works? But I just don't believe it based on what I've seen, despite all the masses of people swearing it works.

Last edited:
Curcumin is amazing. Big difference in energy level, sleep quality, etc. Big improvement in gym performance and stress levels.

You're right, i remember when they were trying to debunk fish oil, creatine and YES, even steroids. "Steroids don't actually work" :rolleyes:

I hate popping pills and don't really like supplements, but my vegetable intake is lacking so i take curcumin as insurance. I do 1 gram of Jarrow's C3 curcumin with 10-20 mg of piperine taken with a fatty meal. Does the trick for sure.

The only other thing i take is pycnogenol/pine bark extract, and that stuff is also amazing.

Last edited:
What brand is every talking? LE Curcumin or inject from VR? How much of a disparity is there with the two?

I've used the VR inject in the past but I just couldn't sustain the injections year round. I use Natural Stacks Curcumin (novasol) now. Supposedly far more bioavailable than BCM95.

I've used the VR inject in the past but I just couldn't sustain the injections year round. I use Natural Stacks Curcumin (novasol) now. Supposedly far more bioavailable than BCM95.

I'd like to see some data on this not sponsored by the company or affiliates.

I'd like to see some data on this not sponsored by the company or affiliates.

Me too. There doesn't seem to be enough on the question of what is the most superior method.

Currently using inj Curc from VRS. 400-600 mg a week.

Going to try and keep up with it for as long as I can. Blows away the pill form...

The oral form doesn't make your muscles fuller like Anavar lol

Currently using inj Curc from VRS. 400-600 mg a week.

Going to try and keep up with it for as long as I can. Blows away the pill form...

The oral form doesn't make your muscles fuller like Anavar lol

Blows away pill form, how so? Just curious what you notice with inj over oral and what oral form did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity