over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old Timer's Ostarine Log

5/13/2016
Wgt: 163.6

Walked 3 miles at lunch.

Tonights workout:
Front Squats (done every minute on the minute)
155x2 for 10 sets

Incline Bench Press (With a new set starting every 2.5 minutes)
173x3,3,2*,3,3,3,3,2,2,2
* The premature set of 2 was done after I was trying to move my squat rack between sets (duh!). I think I'll do 10 sets of 2 with 175 next time and then think about a program change.

Weedeat
Cut-grass**
** Too much stuff to do before the sun went down

Chins
BWx12
BWx12
BWx12

Today's macros:
294c, 221p, 96f, 2924 cals

5/14/2016

Helped my daughter's fiance' move into his new apartment.

Hiit sprints this evening.

Held off what could have been a binge, but I put a lid on it before wheels fell completely off :D

5/15/2016

Yesterday's Macros: 306c, 263p, 97f (3149 cals:D)
Today's Macros: 193c, 246p, 80f (2476 cals)

Today, no walking or lifting, but I rode my bike through the hills.

5/16/2016
Wgt: 164.0

Walked 3 miles at lunch.

Tonights workout:
140x3 for 9 sets

Incline Bench Press (With a new set starting every 2.5 minutes)
175x2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2*
*Rep #2 on Set #10 was a grinder (RPE 10)

Chins
BWx12
BWx12
BWx13

Today's macros:
253c, 243p, 83f, 2731 cals

I was wanting a recomp of sorts (never expected dbol type results :D), and it's working. Abs looked sharper this morning than they ever have at 164.

Love seeing the chins go up!
Thanks, and I have a confession: Since chins are the last thing that I do, I sometimes "log" a projected number of reps for that exercise because I do them later (usually while I help my son out with math) and after I had a moment to get online. I also projected my macros too thinking that I was done for the night. So, here's the adjusted numbers from yesterday:

Chins:
BWx13
BWx13
BWx13
Maybe I'll video a weighted chin set in a few weeks (we leave for FL for vacation on Fri, so there might be a few photos from there too). So the actual number of chins was an improvement over what I projected:D

But I also didn't anticipate the meatloaf sandwich followed by a bowl of Special K Vanilla Almond cereal either. The final damage after the extra cals for yesterday was actually:

329c, 293p, 102f, 3406 cals (that's about 700 or so above maintenance:eek:)

5/19/2016
Wgt: 165.6

Today's workout:
135x4 for 8 sets

Incline Bench Press
150x10
150x10
150x10
135x12
135x12

Chins
BWx12
BWx12
BWx13*
*I was a little weaker than the last workout, but the extra volume from the bench press might have affected this somewhat.

5/22/2016

First full day on vacation after traveling after work on Friday and most of yesterday with my family. Last year I made a mistake and walked too far barefooted and got a blister on day one. Not this time: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. This year I wore shoes (and unfortunately, walked too far and got another blister:eek:).

The pier is quite a distance from our condo, and I wanted to see how far. Found out it's 3.4 miles which of course means 6.8 miles round trip.

I think I'll rent a bike tomorrow:D

My daughter and I are on our way to a gym for a day pass, so barring troubles, there should be a workout to log later.

My daughter and I are on our way to a gym for a day pass, so barring troubles, there should be a workout to log later.
Dumb me: the gym was further than I thought (didn't get there until 4:30) AND it closed @ 5:00:eek: We rushed in for a quick 30 minute workout. She walked the treadmill, and I did the following:

Front Squats (not done EMOM . . . prob ~2 min rest between sets)
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5

Chins
BWx8*
*done neutral grip but also with little break after the squats so I don't know if either of these affected my total being 4-5 reps short of what it normally is. Then:

Incline DB Press ssw Chins
55x12 ssw BWx8
60x9 ssw BWx6
60x8-1/2 ssw BWx6

Done, finito, finished

Since we are on vacation, I am adding the Ostarine to my morning fiber/creatine drink. The condo has more natural light (plus I'm getting up a little later than usual), and I noticed that my bottle is still 90% FULL! That means that I haven't been using the dose that I thought that I was but just ~1/3 of what I was expecting (which, coincidentally, is the dose used in most of the Ostarine studies)

I have an email in to the seller asking for their thoughts, but I can think of only two scenarios:

1) the bottle is larger than claimed (but what mfr would make this mistake)
2) the dropper is improperly marked (still difficult to believe)

If they respond to my email, I'll let you know what they claim, but I'm perplexed.

Quick pic before hitting the beach with my rented beach cruiser. If you zoom in on the upper left corner, you can see me (jk!).

BTW, this was a good workout. The sand appears to be hard and flat, but get on it with a bike and it's NOT.

Yesterday's workouts consisted of hiit sprints on the beach (this beach is very flat with a wide section of hard packed sand adjacent to the water's edge that's perfect for running) and later a 2 mile walk too.

Macros have been estimated to be 700 calories or so above maintenance. We eat out once a day at a different local restaurant (our rule: no nationwide chains while on vacation) and then I just eat whatever and take a wild guess at the calories.

5/25/2016

Went to a different local gym here in FL. Lots of solid equipment.

Front Squats
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x8*
* was hoping for 10, but I'm happy with 8 AND I got the start of an exertion headache so pushing it further would have been a bad idea.

Incline DB Bench
60's x 10
60's x 10
60's x 8

Chins (neutral grip)
BWx10
BWx8
BWx7**
** While the neutral grip might be affecting the number of reps, the biggest factor is that I'm rushing it after the other exercises. At home, I have all the time in the world, and I often will do a set of chins every 15 minutes or so, SO I have PLENTY of time to recover which I didn't today.

Back watching macros more closely. Going for a run (HIIT sprints) in a few minutes. Here's a photo taken at the second gym that I attended in FL. It was a solid gym:

Did you enjoy your vacation?
It was awesome--we went to Daytona, and I worked out at Gold's one day and then an independent gym called Beach Street Gym that was even better than Gold's.

I have a unique job in that I'm an engineer responsible for a particular product line, and normally, my workload just backs up while I'm away on vacation. I typically work 2X as hard before leaving for and then 5X as hard when returning. This time I worked with a new, young engineer prior to leaving. She was assigned to help me while I was on vacation, and although I still had to call her for ~90 minutes each day, returning today (drove for 16.5 hours yesterday!!!) was very manageable.

It was awesome--we went to Daytona, and I worked out at Gold's one day and then an independent gym called Beach Street Gym that was even better than Gold's.

I have a unique job in that I'm an engineer responsible for a particular product line, and normally, my workload just backs up while I'm away on vacation. I typically work 2X as hard before leaving for and then 5X as hard when returning. This time I worked with a new, young engineer prior to leaving. She was assigned to help me while I was on vacation, and although I still had to call her for ~90 minutes each day, returning today (drove for 16.5 hours yesterday!!!) was very manageable.

Glad you had a good time. Hopefully she keep you half way caught up.

I understand about the job part. I have not took a week off in 5 years. That's when I got married. When I do take off there's not a day that goes by I don't get call and probably 50% of the time end up going in for a hour or two.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws