over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old Timer's Ostarine Log

Page Bump (Con't from Page 1)
5/04/2016
Wgt: 165.0

Front Squats (done every minute on the minute)
155x2 for 10 sets

Incline Bench Press (done every other minute on the minute)
167x3 (10 sets)
I was actually tempted to do OHP and just add some volume on the incline bench and give myself another 3 days before attempting more weight, but I figured I'd go for adding just 2# over the last workout. Managed to get all reps but Rep #3 on Set #10 was a grinder. Definitely 0 reps left in the tank.

Chins
BWx11
BWx12
BWx12

I want to share a recipe that I've come to really enjoy. I tweaked what was available on the internet, so I can't take credit for inventing it. It's a variation of "protein fluff." Many recipes are available online, but know that all protein brands and all protein flavors don't fluff well. Casein typically fluffs well, but not all caseins. I've taken a photo of the type of protein that I've been using that fluffs well, and it's available at my Walmart. The recipe is as follows:

Protein: 50g
Sugar-Free/Fat-Free (vanilla) Pudding: 10g
Milk (Whole and Soy fluffs better than skim): 120g (~1/2 cup)
Splenda/SF Sweetener: to taste
Banana Flavored Popsicles: Two "double" popsicles
Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup: 1-2 pumps of this coffee additive item*
* I forgot to photograph the syrup, but it's an optional ingredient

Add all ingredients (I crush the popsicles with a hammer before adding them in) and then mix on high for 5 minutes in a high speed mixer. WARNING: This will drive your family nuts if your mixer is as loud as mine:D . . . and when you're done, you have A LOT OF DELICIOUS "PUDDING" TYPE OF DESSERT. And if you prefer the consistency of soft serve ice cream, you can put it in the freezer for 30 minutes or so. Take a look at this finished bowl (nearly one QUART!) with 44c, 33p, 4f (344 cals) and that's using whole milk:

Last edited:
Walked 3 miles during lunch, and I did HIIT (sprints) this evening. Which reminds me of the joke about the middle age guy who finds out he's got 6 months to live. He's upset about how little time he has left when his doctor suggests "I tell you what you should do. Go find a young widow who owns a dairy farm and has at least 3 kids under the age of 6. Marry her and milk those cows both day and night and be a good father to those kids by fishing, hunting, coaching t-ball, going to dance recitals, etc." The guy looks at the doctor kind of funny and asks "and that will extend my life?" when the doctor says "NO, but that'll feel like the longest 6 months you ever had!":D

Interval sprints are like that BUT IN REVERSE. I'm doing 60 second sprints followed by 60 seconds of walking. My my my how quick the 60 seconds of walking goes by;)

Last edited:
5/06/2016
Wgt: 164.2

Had to work through lunch so no walking

Got home and rode the hills with my bike.

Yesterday's macros: 180c, 221p, 59f (2135 cals)

5/07/2016
Wgt: 164.4

135x3 for 9 sets

169x3 (10 sets)
Went up 2# and rep 3 on set 10 was definitely an RPE of 10!

Chins
BWx12
BWx12
BWx13

Day 15 on the Osta and I am really starting the feel the effects. Working out in the am instead of in the evening might have had somewhat of an affect too, because I worked out after taking EC. In my evening workouts, it has been hours since taking the EC.

And I was cognizant of the eccentric portion of my chins to make sure I wasn't rushing it . . . that's obviously one way in which you could essentially "cheat." But definitely stronger today!

Tempted to redo an earlier workout from my journal just to see how I compare today versus then (hmmm?!?!).

Every saturday my 15 year old son and I go to a local coffee shop. I'll often walk 4 miles and then join him and read, while he's there enjoying the high speed internet . . . living in the country has its downside too;) We refer to this as "bro day!" This morning my 20 year old daughter is joining us too:)

Last edited:
Today's macros: 275c 283p 56f (2736 cals which is essentially maintenance for me).

Walked 4 miles at lunch.

Tomorrow's mother's day, and with eating at my mom's and then celebrating at my sister-law's for her & my wife's mom, I'll be lucky to keep it to within maintenance calories tomorrow. We'll see.

Today's macros: 275c 283p 56f (2736 cals which is essentially maintenance for me).

Walked 4 miles at lunch.

Tomorrow's mother's day, and with eating at my mom's and then celebrating at my sister-law's for her & my wife's mom, I'll be lucky to keep it to within maintenance calories tomorrow. We'll see.
Enjoy the family time.

Enjoy the family time.
Thanks PF. My mom's place is a sort of "trigger" for me . . . not always, but sometimes when I go there the wheels come off the diet and I just go whole hog. I mean WHOLE HOG :D And she's a great cook and she keeps lots of dessert type foods, too. I've discovered I'm a closet dessert lover. I can go days and days at my own house eating little to no desserts at all, but IF I allow myself that first dessert at hers, I usually go nuts from then on. And she's one of those indulgent mom's. She knows that I don't have a problem with it, so she's happy to let me have as many pieces of candy or desserts as I want.

Anyway, scale was up a pound today, and I know that it's all water weight after the additional 100g of carbs that I didn't eat the two days prior to that.

Happy mother's day everyone.

Thanks PF. My mom's place is a sort of "trigger" for me . . . not always, but sometimes when I go there the wheels come off the diet and I just go whole hog. I mean WHOLE HOG :D And she's a great cook and she keeps lots of dessert type foods, too. I've discovered I'm a closet dessert lover. I can go days and days at my own house eating little to no desserts at all, but IF I allow myself that first dessert at hers, I usually go nuts from then on. And she's one of those indulgent mom's. She knows that I don't have a problem with it, so she's happy to let me have as many pieces of candy or desserts as I want.

Anyway, scale was up a pound today, and I know that it's all water weight after the additional 100g of carbs that I didn't eat the two days prior to that.

Happy mother's day everyone.
My parents house is the same way. I think it has something to do with a comfort zone? Just a happy place if that makes sense.

I'm also a bakery type. My wife loves ice cream. That's here weakness.

My parents house is the same way. I think it has something to do with a comfort zone? Just a happy place if that makes sense.
That absolutely makes sense!

I made an educated guess at the macros, and today they were: 290c, 240p, 90f (2930 calories) . . . not too bad considering two meals out.

My wife had to work today (she's a nurse who works 12 hour shifts), and I just BARELY beat her home at 8:15 and I was dressed for interval sprints. To be honest, she was mad at our 20 year old daughter (who's really a good kid) who had yet to wish her happy mother's day. Fortunately for yours truly, I sent her a text as soon as I woke up (she leaves for work at 6 am). To her credit, she told me to quickly go on my run before it got too dark after I asked if she wanted me to stay home. Anyway, I was able to get my hiit in today.

I did some "yardio," too. After eating at my mom's, the kids left for party #2 while I stayed back to cut her grass.

Took a 1/2 day of vacation to prime the basement. I framed it and hung the drywall, and my brother in law and I mudded it, but I needed to hire a professional to "touch up" our work :D

Decided to take a nap first, and since my wife is a better napper than me ;) that left me with enough time to ride my bike. My darn computer decided to start working AFTER I just bought a replacement on eBay . . . oh well, it always was erratic, so hopefully the new one will always work.

I've decided to investigate what's required to log my hiit sprints and bike rides on Garmin. I have an older unit, but I should be able to do it. Stay tuned ;)

I like DIY stuff. While I did ultimately buy a (supposedly) $2500 Nautilus rack on Craigslist for only $500 (it's a BEAST but really: $2500?), for several years I squated out of my own DIY rack. It consists of 4x4's attached with lag screws to the joists in my basement and held in place with Tapcon concrete screws into the floor.

Well here's a somewhat recent project: DIY bumper plates:D They're spare tires from a junk yard, and I think I paid $10 each. The ID is too large so I had my shop tack weld a 5# plate to them:

What's arguably nice about these is that that they're slightly larger than a 45# plate so you can add 45 plates to these without having to lift the bar. Of course, that reduces your ROM somewhat.

If you're going to do something similar, I think in retrospect I would have had the shop weld a 2" ID pipe that was maybe 2" long or so to keep the tire more concentric. With the somewhat narrow 5# plate, the tire wobbles somewhat unless you compress the outer plates tightly against it before tightening the collars.

5/10/2016

Yesterday's macros: 230c 174p 66p (2210 cals). I'm happy with this, because after working for about 3 hours priming the basement, I was tired and could have justified more maintenance-level calories but didn't. And if I don't get tendonitis it'll be a miracle ;) Carbs should have been around 212, but I woke up in the middle of the night starving and ate a small/medium golden delicious apple!

I'm taking off this afternoon too. Instead of a nap, I told my wife "let's start as soon as I get home so that we can THEN nap and get me ready for tonight's workout.":D

Today's workout (5/10/2016)

130x4 for 8 sets

171x3 (9 sets)
171x2*
* I finally hit the wall. Not sure if painting the last two days had an affect or not, but I actually had MAJOR concerns about being able to get just two or three sets with the prescribed 3 reps. To my surprise, three became four, four became five, until I finally hit failure on Rep #2 on Set #10. I'm supposed to simply drop Set #10 on the next workout, but I think that I'll up the weight to 175 and increase the rest to sets every 150 seconds (not every 120 seconds) in hopes of keeping the volume up for a bit longer.

Chins
BWx12
BWx12
BWx12**
** This is one of the most telling influence of the Ostarine. My journal indicates that I've been doing three sets of 10 for a long time. Now, I'm doing 20% more. Going to consider going to weighted chins with perhaps 25#, but I try to keep my "pulling" reps approximately equal to my pushing reps for shoulder health.

5/11/16

Yesterday's macros: 310c, 204p, 81f, 2785 cal

I thought for sure that my weight would be up after the 310 in carbs. Only a 10% chance of rain today at lunch so should be able to get a 3 or 4 mile walk in.

Done a quick search on Ostarine. This is something I might try. Looks good.

Me personally I want to get away from the aas. Just run script test and maybe peps l just to speed up healing.

Done a quick search on Ostarine. This is something I might try. Looks good.

Me personally I want to get away from the aas. Just run script test and maybe peps l just to speed up healing.
This was plan B when my brother in law struck out with anavar, but it's definitely working SOME. It won't provide AAS like results, but low chance of side effects and still aids in recovery.

I'm definitely stronger, and I'll do a 3-site BF at the end of the month, so I'll try to quantify the actual gain, but I'll tell you that I've lifted for the last few YEARS with precious little "gain."

5/12/2016
Wgt: 165.4

Walked 3 miles at lunch and HIIT sprints this evening. It rained before I walked and before I did sprints, too. Just got lucky I suppose.

Today's macros:
179c, 214p, 79f (~2300 cals)

Walked 3 miles during lunch, and I did HIIT (sprints) this evening. Which reminds me of the joke about the middle age guy who finds out he's got 6 months to live. He's upset about how little time he has left when his doctor suggests "I tell you what you should do. Go find a young widow who owns a dairy farm and has at least 3 kids under the age of 6. Marry her and milk those cows both day and night and be a good father to those kids by fishing, hunting, coaching t-ball, going to dance recitals, etc." The guy looks at the doctor kind of funny and asks "and that will extend my life?" when the doctor says "NO, but that'll feel like the longest 6 months you ever had!":D

Interval sprints are like that BUT IN REVERSE. I'm doing 60 second sprints followed by 60 seconds of walking. My my my how quick the 60 seconds of walking goes by;)

funny joke. you lift at gym or is everything you do at home gym?

you lift at gym or is everything you do at home gym?
At home. I walked into a gym last summer while on vacation in FL, and it was the first time in a public gym in probably 15 years. What changed: many, many, MANY more treadmills and more trainers (actually, we never had any "trainers" in my old gyms).

What didn't change: 3/4 squats :D And one of the worst offenders was ONE OF THE TRAINERS!

Looking great keep it up.....good luck bro
Thanks and welcome.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner