over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old Timer's Ostarine Log

What's your final thought on Ostra? I'm an older lifter (older than you) I've ran it several times and used Ostra from a number of different suppliers and it has never done much for me. Possibly leaned me out a bit. LGD hasn't worked for me either.

What's your final thought on Ostra? I'm an older lifter (older than you) I've ran it several times and used Ostra from a number of different suppliers and it has never done much for me. Possibly leaned me out a bit. LGD hasn't worked for me either.
Strength gains for sure. Mass? Very little if any.

But I think that it would be a nice addition to any diet to preserve muscle.

I'm going to do another cycle starting in Sept, and I might do another two after that, then I'll reassess.

Last edited:
6/3/2016

Front Squats (done every minute on the minute)
140x4 (7 sets)

Incline BB Bench*
150x12
150x11
150x10
* Using a recent workout, I was thinking three sets of 150x12 would be possible, but not so.

Chins
BWx14
BWx15 (cha-ching!)
BWx14

Macros for the day**
750c 371p 178f 6086cals (100% serious)
** Today was a binge, pure and simple. I haven't done this for 10 weeks. I'm ambivalent to an extent: nothing wrong with "some" excess from time to time, but this 3000+ calorie surplus will take me nearly a week to undo.

Trying to undo some damage from yesterday's binge. I biked the "long" ride (~13 miles IIRC with one of the steepest and longest hills within 50 miles or so). Glad to know that I still "have it" and didn't needed to get off and push at any time:eek:

I successfully downloaded Garmin Express at work, so I'll upload it on Monday. I need to remember to change the mode of it, because I think it had me burning 1000+ calories . . . well yeah IF I WAS WALKING it:D

6100 calories is not bad at all.

Good work on the 15 rep chin and the bike ride!

Good work on the . . . bike ride!
I forgot to mention that I checked my one minute HRR, and it was just 18 beats. I don't know if age factors into this or perhaps the ephedrine and caffeine that I took this morning, but I just find it hard to believe that my fitness is "poor." Elite? No way. Excellent? I doubt that. Better than average? Surely . . . that hill this morning was a killer and I did it in 1-3 gears using only my middle ring gear. But here's what a couple of online references noted:

You can calculate your fitness by taking your pulse during your exercise and one minute after your exercise. Your recovery rate number is the difference between the two heart rates divided by 10. It’s four if your exercise heart rate is 120 and your recovery heart rate is 80. Your physical condition is outstanding if your recovery rate number is above six, excellent if your recovery rate number is between four and six, good if the number is three to four, fair if the number is two to three, and poor if the number is less than two.

an abnormal heart rate recovery, defined as ≤18 bpm, was associated with an increased risk of death

Maybe I'll try it without the ephedrine/caffeine and see what my HRR is.

Another bike ride. ~16 miles, and supposedly 1200 cals burnt . . . even it's 60-70% of that, I'll take it:D

I ran out of water with about 3 miles to go. I almost stopped and asked an older lady on a porch for a refill with tap water (100% serious).

I normally workout every third day, but I think I'll give myself an extra day of recovery (but I still have to cut grass tomorrow) and then workout on Tuesday.

When I Google hrr test there are several different formulas. Some 60 seconds some 120. Some you sprint and some go by percentage. I went with the 120 second rest and stay in the the 60-80 percent of max hr.

My thoughts try a few different ones and get a avg.

Did you get your garmin working? If so whats your elevation gain?

Last edited:
When I Google hrr test there are several different formulas. Some 60 seconds some 120. Some you sprint and some go by percentage. I went with the 120 second rest and stay in the the 60-80 percent of max hr.

My thoughts try a few different ones and get a avg.

Did you get your garmin working? If so whats your elevation gain?
Thanks for your input.

Fingers crossed, but I was able to download my walk from Friday, so I should be able to successfully download both Sat & Sun's ride.

Fingers crossed, but I was able to download my walk from Friday, so I should be able to successfully download both Sat & Sun's ride.
I'll download what I got tonight, but it somehow lumped Saturday's ride with Sunday's ride making it one long ride.

The elevation gain was just a little over 2000 feet!

Lots to talk about. First, my blood work done the day after my last Osta dose:

Total Test went from 400 to 122
HDL went from 101 (awesome, I know) to 42 (thank the Lord for starting awesome;))
Estradiol was <5 (I didn't have a pre-Osta number here)

I may ask this same question on the big board, but other than Clomid (50mg/day for 4 weeks then three days at 25mg), is there anything else I should be doing? How about the Estradiol? It's low, but perhaps because I used Elim1nate on-cycle to keep it from getting too high. Should I continue with the Elim1nate or is that unnecessary considering how low it is now?

Next, recent macros. After the 6100 calorie binge, three days of solid macros + 30 miles of bike riding has me back at 164 this morning. The macros for yesterday should have been about 250 calories lower, but I woke up at 2:30 starving and ate a turkey burger:D

Date__ Carb Pro Fat Cals
6/4/16 139 212 40 1764
6/5/16 207 239 60 2324
6/6/16 231 235 84 2620

Finally, Garmin Express Data. As indicated recently, Garmin combined Sat's ride with Sunday's ride. They were the same ride except instead of going straight out and back (from the map it's a big "L"), on Sunday I took a side street that took me several miles out of the way before getting back to Saturday's "midpoint" which BTW is where the hill . . . ahem . . I mean is where THE HILL begins :p Ignore the fact that it looks like I both walked and rode this. I still had Saturday's "training" mode set to walking, but I did change that to biking before I began Sunday's ride (perhaps that's why it combined them?)

Last edited:
I would ask about the e2 and test level on the main board. That test level :(.

The reason your Garmin combined the two workouts is because you done them as multi sport. You have to reset it after each one. If you didn't already know this.

My Garmin I can choose between other, running, and 3 different bikes.

When you finish the walking or what ever wo just hold reset for 3 seconds.

Last edited:
I think I'll let this journal end, since the Ostarine cycle is over, but I'm still lifting and doing more biking. I rode 70 minutes & 15 miles yesterday but cut it short to have coffee with my wife. I wanted to ride 20 miles this morning, and I had my water bottles full and in the refrigerator ready for me to jump out of bed @ 6:30 in time to ride and shower before leaving for church @ 8:55.

I did get out of bed, but I decided on an hour of coffee and reading to try and wake up. I did manage to ride 60 minutes (including the 500' hill) and just BARELY had time to shower, woof down my shredded chicken breast and buffalo wing sauce basil tomato tortilla, and head out the door!

I'll end this by saying that the ostarine definitely provided me with some gains. I allowed my weight to get up to 167-168 in Nov and Dec, and I started a short mini-cut on Dec 26 where I weighed 168 with abs essentially gone. I'm now weighing 167 or so with decently defined abs in the am.

Another increase was strength, and I've already exceeded some (modest) front squat goals that I set for myself this year, and the chins have increased too.

I have a physical early September, so I'll get more bloodwork done then, and depending on how things look, I'll run another cycle of something (maybe Anavar) for 6 weeks or so and I'll log it to.

After a two week stint with DNP, I was pleased to nearly duplicate a workout from May. Using the same weight from my last day on Ostarine, instead of getting 9, 9, and 8 reps on the incline bench, I got 9, 8, and 7 while weighing 6 lbs less.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131