over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old Timer's Ostarine Log

I understand about the job part. I have not took a week off in 5 years. That's when I got married. When I do take off there's not a day that goes by I don't get call and probably 50% of the time end up going in for a hour or two.
I hope that you feel as if you're adequately compensated. I think that I am, and I'm about 18 months from having my house paid off so that's my justification to do what I do (when I know that no one else in my department--except for the boss--does what I do). IMO it's just hard to think about retiring or being partially retired (which is what I'd like to do SOMEDAY) with a house payment.

I hope that you feel as if you're adequately compensated. I think that I am, and I'm about 18 months from having my house paid off so that's my justification to do what I do (when I know that no one else in my department--except for the boss--does what I do). IMO it's just hard to think about retiring or being partially retired (which is what I'd like to do SOMEDAY) with a house payment.

18 months till your house is payed off is awesome!!

My 1st house i was all about paying it off. I was in it 7 years and and 15 years ahead on payments. Got on tren and bought another house. lol. Had two home loans at once. Never do that again.

I do not want any diet at all when i retire either.

I feel like my job takes care of me. Maybe not in cash in pocket but benefits are good. If everything does as plan I will be 52 - 53 when I retire with fully payed health insurance.

18 months till your house is payed off is awesome!!

I feel like my job takes care of me. Maybe not in cash in pocket but benefits are good. If everything does as plan I will be 52 - 53 when I retire with fully payed health insurance.
A part of my motivation is that my wife is a nurse (who typically works just two 12's per week), but she has a bad back and I'm not sure how much longer she can keep it up. When she can no longer do the physical part of it, she'll get another 24 hour/week job, but I'm sure it'll be at a pay cut.

Health insurance is HYOOGE. No one can predict if you'll get sick or need to spend lots of money on yourself or your family, but that's part of my motivation for trying to live a healthier lifestyle . . . now if I can just get my wife to live healthier too:eek:

What will you do at 52-53? Open a gym or bike shop?

Lol. I have no idea. Take it easy for 6-12 months if I can last that long then find a part time job with no responsibility.

What will you do when you retire?

Lol. I have no idea. Take it easy for 6-12 months if I can last that long then find a part time job with no responsibility.

What will you do when you retire?
I work for a small company that has allowed several employees to partially retire before fully retiring. I think that I'd like to work three days or five 1/2 days or something for a while . . . at least until it's no longer enjoyable. I've thought about maybe personal training, but I don't know.

5/28/16
Wgt: Still not weighing after my vacation "surplus":D

Today was one of those rare workouts where there was a significant increase across the board. I have increased my Ostarine after noticing that there was more left in the bottle than I think there should have been. I'm now taking ~25 mg per day.

EMOM Front Squats
155x3x9sets*
* I was supposed to do 155x2x10, but if felt so light after unracking it, I thought, I'll go for 3 reps for this first set. Then, I thought I'll go for another 3 reps on set #2, and then again and again and . . .

Incline BB Bench**
170x4
170x7
170x7
** This was to be a repeat of a workout from January. Then, I got 170x5, 5, 5 with the RPE on sets 2 and 3 of 9 and 10, respectively. I didn't push myself on set #1, but I was bummed thinking "I might have gotten one more rep, but definitely not two or three more." The only thing that makes sense is that I attempted the reps too soon after my warm-ups. I then got 7 reps on the second set, and I thought, did I really get 7 or did I just mis-count. For set #3, I counted out loud with each rep, and I definitely got 7.

Chins***
BWx14
BWx14
BWx14
*** Back to working out at home with literally 15 minutes of rest between each set as I read my new book (between chapter breaks).

The Osta is definitely giving me a marked increase in strength. It'll be interesting to see what happens to that strength between cycles. I have my annual physical in early September, and I after I have my blood drawn the previous week, I'll start my next cycle.

Last edited:
5/29/2016
Wgt: 167.8

I wasn't going to weigh, but I did anyway. I know that the day to day weight can vary based on hydration, undigested food, glycogen stores, etc., but it looks like I gained ~2 lbs while on vacation.

I walked 3 miles yesterday, and I had to cut a walk short today (only got one mile in), but I did get in a bike ride. After retracing my path out, I found this guy in the road:

He looks like an alligator snapping turtle in the face (we used to catch them with limb lines and bluegill pieces when I was a kid), but his shell doesn't look like one as it's smooth on the perimeter. But what baffles me is that this road cuts through a mountain. So . . . what kind of turtle could it be(?).

P.S. I installed my new bike computer. I need to read the directions, because it's stuck in metric dims. But that's not all bad, as I go "faster" in km/hr and further too:D

Last edited:
5/29/2016
Wgt: 167.8

I wasn't going to weigh, but I did anyway. I know that the day to day weight can vary based on hydration, undigested food, glycogen stores, etc., but it looks like I gained ~2 lbs while on vacation.

I walked 3 miles yesterday, and I had to cut a walk short today (only got one mile in), but I did get in a bike ride. After retracing my path out, I found this guy in the road:

He looks like an alligator snapping turtle in the face (we used to catch them with limb lines and bluegill pieces when I was a kid), but his shell doesn't look like one as it's smooth on the perimeter. But what baffles me is that this road cuts through a mountain. So . . . what kind of turtle could it be(?).

P.S. I installed my new bike computer. I need to read the directions, because it's stuck in metric dims. But that's not all bad, as I go "faster" in km/hr and further too:D

2 pounds over vac not bad at all. Love the pic! Cool bike!

Hi Old Timer. I'm curious how old you are? If you posted it I missed it. And I hope you don't mind me asking.

2 pounds over vac not bad at all.
Check this out: 165.6 this morning! That's exactly what I weighed before the vacation. Now just as yesterday could have been artificially high by some amount, today could be artificially low by some amount, but the bottom line is that vacation didn't really "hurt me" if you know what I mean.

Thanks for the comment on the bike. After watching that video you posted, I made sure my tires were adequately inflated too;)

Hi Old Timer. I'm curious how old you are? If you posted it I missed it. And I hope you don't mind me asking.
I certainly don't mind, and welcome! I'm not really that old, but I have been lifting for the most part of the last 31 years--I'm 49.

My hair started turning grey when I was in my late 20's, and my beard is nearly all grey (which I actually think looks good), but here's what's odd: as of a couple years ago, my hair started to get darker (100% serious). The only think that I can think of is that I had some type of nutrtitional deficiency that no longer exists due to some new form of supplementation. Of course, it doesn't address why my beard is grey, but who really knows.

Speaking of supplements, my daily supplements are:

Creatine
Fiber
multi-vitamin
fish oil (I normally skip this on the days that I eat salmon)
one 80mg aspirin**
Vitamin D
Magnesium
**I've never had any heart issues, but I figure it won't hurt me. And being an NSAID, I've read how inflammation can lead to certain kinds of illnesses, so being anti-inflammatory should be a good thing.

The Vitamin D and magnesium were added when I read that many (most?) people are deficient in these. I walk enough outside that I'm probably not deficient in Vitamin D, but I figure better safe than sorry.

LOL, but forgot about:

Calcium*
Glucosamine
Collagen**
* I like milk, but I find that it's easier to hit most macros if I don't drink too much of it. I'll occasionally have a glass, but I consume it mostly with cereal.
** I added this a few months back when someone indicated how it helped their joints. My joints have felt great (minor pain in one elbow when doing the last few chins but the pain ceases when the set does), but then again, the Osta is known to aid in joint health, too. So the complete list is:

Creatine
Fiber
multi-vitamin
fish oil
aspirin
Vitamin D
Magnesium
Calcium
Glucosamine
Collagen

I certainly don't mind, and welcome! I'm not really that old, but I have been lifting for the most part of the last 31 years--I'm 49.
Cool deal!! I started getting serious about lifting when I was around 48ish. I started competing when I turned 50. You've got plenty of life left in you!! :)

Here's what I've been eating a lot of lately. I put ~3 chicken breasts in the pressure cooker, cover with water (I tried chicken broth but it is no better than straight water), and pressure-cooking for 15 minutes with another 15 minute "cool down." The breasts just fall apart, and I'll take two forks and quickly shred them. I've been eating them exclusively with Frank's Buffalo wing sauce, but my daughter likes barbeque sauce. Very easy to make and delicious! I'll either just mix the sauce with the chicken in a bowl or put on a 90 calorie tomato basil tortilla wrap and heat with the wing sauce.

I've talked about the Nu-Wave oven that we like to use, and here are both "ovens" that we have. Like I've said before, the original one was the Nu-wave unit which has a design flaw in that the plastic dome ring will crack after a period of time (if you look, you can see that this one has already cracked too). After going through two Nu-Wave brand ovens, we bought one from Sears of JC Penney with a glass one. That work equally well.

The reason I have a THIRD Nu-Wave brand is that my mom bought one but later decided that she liked her table-top type oven and just gave hers to me.

These are infrared ovens that use fans in addition to heat, and the result is a cook time that's about 1/2 as long as a conventional oven. 1/2 the time and the food is just as good if not better! And while we never do this, you can go straight from the freezer to the Nu-Wave if you want.

We have cooked lots of chicken on it, and we also like to take 5 ounces of 90/10 ground beef and then roll it in a pile of coarse onions before pattying into burgers. Delicious. And the onions IMO make the reheated burgers better/moister than a burger without it.

The kids will "cook" lots of fries on this too, and we use it for baked potatoes. As I previously wrote, we started using it one summer to keep from heating the house with the conventional oven, but it tasted so good and was so convenient that we continued to use it.

Last edited:
I'm really interested in the pressure cooker idea. I use a crock pot for chicken but 8hrs is a bit inconvenient. I need to look into one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really interested in the pressure cooker idea. I use a crock pot for chicken but 8hrs is a bit inconvenient. I need to look into one
My mom gave it to my wife and me one Christmas, but I think that it's around $100 and it's a 6 quart size IIRC. If you eat much shredded chicken, I don't think that you'll regret it. You can cook lots of different types of food, but I guess I'm just too lazy to learn . . . plus my diet isn't all that varied. We have cooked rice in it, and it does a great job on it, too. My mom cooks beans (starting with dry beans!), and they're delicious.

5/31/16
Wgt: 167.4--this is nearly two pounds heavier than yesterday LOL. I ate around maintenance yesterday, but we visited with my mom and my son and I cut her grass. She fixed (store bought) chicken with green beans and baked potatoes. Because I'm her favorite;) she fixes sweet potatoes especially for me. I ate one that was 8 oz (she even lets me use her ANCIENT food scale because she knows how I am), and we stayed long enough that I ate the other one (it weighed 12 ounces!!!) before we left, so the huge carb up affected my weight.

Front Squats (not timed between sets)
125x10
125x10
125x10*
BWx100**
* I wanted to do 5 sets of 10, but my legs were really feeling the work; I was sweating fairly good after three sets, and the exertion headache started so I went upstairs to read, rest, and eat:D before staring on the next exercise.
** I actually did these AFTER finishing the incline bench set (see below).

Incline BB Bench
160x9
160x9
160x8
Theoretically, a 170x7 like I did on the last workout should have calculated to a 160x10, but that wasn't in the cards tonight.

Chins
BWx14
BWx14
BWx14

Them chin's keep going up!:headbang: Great work!
Thanks, and after discussing heart rate recovery with you, I just returned from a 30 minute ride where I retested my recovery from a year and a half ago. As I noted in your journal, one of the HRR schemes is to begin checking your heartrate for one minute when it's initially between 60-80%. 80% of my theoretical max of ~170 would be 136.

After climbing the major hill of my ride (~20:00 into the ride), I slowed down until my HR was 136 then stopped completely for 60 seconds where it had slowed just 19 beats. I then finished the ride and repeated this at my house where my HR then only recovered just 14 beats!!!

Per the website that I was referring to, 20 beats or more of recovery in 60 seconds was what constituted "good" fitness. When I tested this in the fall of 2014, my recovery varied between 21 and 28, so my fitness MAY have fallen off, but I question if the Ostarine hasn't affected my HR some. I do know that my resting heartrate in the morning has been 6-7 beats higher than it should be with all of the HIIT and biking that I've been doing lately.

P.S. The Osta cycle is coming to an end, so maybe I'll see a change in my HRR in a few weeks. Today I paid for a blood test for lipids and some hormone data, too, and if I can get away tomorrow after an 8:30 meeting for a blood draw, I'll have some data to share next week.

P.S.S. Came back in to add that I just googled Ostarine and heartrate. One guy said his HR was ~10 beats lower, and another guy said his heart was racing so fast he was probably going to stop his cycle (LOL, so who really knows:cool:)

Last edited:
6/03/16
Wgt: 164.2(???)

Recent Macros:
5/31/16 ~300 protein & ~4000 cals:D
6/1/16 144 229 70 2122
6/2/16 136 210 86 2158

I decided to stop the Osta cycle after taking my last dose on Wednesday, so today's weigh-in was 48 hours later, and I weighed somewhat significantly less than I have because today is the first day since mid-May when I weighed 164, and that was just two days after weighing around 166 with a 4000 calorie day.

I was able to get to the LabCorp place to have blood drawn yesterday, so lipid/hormone results should be available later next week.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear